EOSCommunity.org Forums

What does it mean to be a member of the EOS community?

My vision for EOS was formed in the initial days. Empowering individuals and community to promote life, liberty and property to build towards quasi-utopic world. I can help in:

• Community cohesion
  • Transmit the values mission and vision of EOS to the outside world
  • Increasing English/Spanish/Dutch speaking EOS communities participation and coordination

Not EOS related but as I am a Consultant in Sustainable Agriculture specialized in Biological Control and Soil fertility, I can help any EOS member in their agricultural endeviours :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I originally joined the EOS community (as a genesis holder) because of the promise that anyone who could build a website would be able to build on EOS. That gave me hope that I would find developers of like mindedness who wanted to build all kinds of things with a toolset that would help us along the way. I was hoping that tooling would come from B1 and to be fair some did, but not a huge focus in my estimation (maybe I’m wrong).

Freedom to me means empowerment. So that is key to what I want being a member of the EOS community to be. Still hopeful in the future…

2 Likes

The elegance of the code architecture has always inspired me. Happy EOS. Welcome back Dan. I really admire your work.

I’m really curious to see what this mind bending new product, financial product is.

2 Likes

Good to see you back Dan.

1 Like

I’d like to see us recapture the energy and vision from the first six months of 2018. There was a general sense in the community during that time we were standing on the edge of real change. That eosio would be the killer software needed to build meaningful applications capable of harnessing the power of DLT technology. I think many of us still share this vision, but it has simply gone into hibernation as a result of various events/setbacks, etc. since the launch of EOS main net.

I started by trying to show the world how we could leverage eosio to build game changing financial applications capable of transforming global finance without having to run afoul of compliance laws straight away. My hope was with re-usable KYC, this initial innovation would dramatically reduce user acquisition costs for financial applications, making it significantly cheaper to build and launch DeFi/FinTech applications

Once we got some traction we planned to move toward a decentralized storage solution for user KYC data. Either through the development of an enterprise grade decentralized storage solution via EOS, or some other solution, we planned to move the data into a decentralized, user controlled, database. Then we planned to help bring a sovereign identity solution(like the one Dan built) into compliance with global financial regulations.

Now I am advising/consulting with projects in the blockchain space, mostly using or planning to use various EOS chains. I never quite understood some of the early conflicts between the various eosio based networks. My vision for Worbli was to provide the identity/compliance layer for all eosio chains. We were already capable of offering this by the middle of 2019. I’d hoped for far more cooperation and collaboration between all of the various eosio community stakeholders, but it never materialized. Nonetheless, there’s no reason we can’t start to build that unity now.

I’m willing to provide considerable time and energy to help us grow a foundation or any other suitable entity, into an efficient organization capable of organizing our efforts toward this shared vision. I’ve done this before and learned quite a lot over the 2 1/2 years that I led the Worbli Foundation.

I want to see the blockchain/DLT industry deliver on its promises of a brighter future for all of us. I still believe eosio is the best technology available at this time to achieve our goals. Having some understanding of the legal and compliance issues Dan had to navigate on a daily basis while at B1, I’m certain he can have a far greater impact from where he sits now. I too feel confident I can have a greater impact on building community cohesion since I am no longer involved as an owner/decision maker with any specific projects at this time. I’m ready to drive this growing initiative forward with all of you.

I agree with Dan’s sentiment here, " I’ll stay as long as the mission of eos is securing free market solutions to life liberty property and Justice for all."—Dan Larimer

5 Likes

你是最棒的社区需要你世界需要你的技术以及你的贡献

请您关注下eos里出色的社区或项目。比如dfs和box等。

Please pay attention to the outstanding communities or projects in EOS. Such as DFS and box.

2 Likes

I am not a developer. I am a musician. I want to follow whats going on. I invested a lot and lost over 35 BTC in this investment. I want to understand if EOS can survive. Mostly i ll read, i wont be active but if i can do anything, voting, sharing etc. i am here.

2 Likes

So glad you are back!

1 Like

I have lost more than 100 btc on eos in 3 years.
My suggestion:

1. establish eos foundation, support eos community and dapp.
  2. Change 30 votes per eos to one vote per eos.
  3. 240k btc compensation to all EOS holders .
  4. fire Brendam at once.
7 Likes

你做梦呢?这根本不符合实际!现在就是应该分叉eos,让dan带领社区重新开一个新链!

1 Like

I appreciate your desires, but you need to let go of the past and the impossible and start thinking about what we actually have control over.

5 Likes

How to get back the control of my lost funds in the ICO?

I am looking for opportunities to earn tokens in games, defi/profi and any other monetization scheme.

I can offer my participation in and promotion of these efforts.

1 Like

How to get back the control of my lost funds in the ICO?

This is off topic, please be respectful to the thread.

3 Likes

I appreciate your return to eos.
I hope you can stick to contribute to EOS like Vitalik Buterin to ETH, which you have full control over.

I think the things B1 and you can control are as follows:

1. publish eos roadmap
  2. speed up the improvement of EOS
  3. speed up the development of “bullish”, if it exists
  4. develop cross-chain function between BTC,ETH and EOS
  5. speed up the improvement of Voice
  6. establish eos foundation, support eos community and dapp, such as defis, box, prospectors.io, etc.
  7. attract developers to eos and provide start-up funds
  8. proactively communicate with community members, especially the Chinese community, rebuilding confidence in EOS
  9. give back to the long-term EOS holders, take 100k out of 240k BTC and gradually airdrop tokens(such as PBTC) to them within 3-5 years
  10. change 30 votes per eos to one vote per eos, reducing the impact of exchanges(such as huobi, binance, OKEx) on voting
1 Like

I agree with most of this guy’s views, but I don’t ask for a refund of tokens, which is impossible. In addition, I recently experimented with EOS defi------dfs. I think this is the best defi currently available. At present, I think EOS lacks a leader like VK and a clear goal.

I appreciate your return to eos.
I hope you can stick to contribute to EOS like Vitalik Buterin to ETH, which you have full control over.

I think the things B1 and you can control are as follows:

publish eos roadmap
speed up the improvement of EOS
speed up the development of “bullish”, if it exists
develop cross-chain function between BTC,ETH and EOS
speed up the improvement of Voice
establish eos foundation, support eos community and dapp, such as defis, box, prospectors.io 1, etc.
attract developers to eos and provide start-up funds
proactively communicate with community members, especially the Chinese community, rebuilding confidence in EOS

5 Likes

This is such a huge opportunity right here. If we engaged and supported development houses like yours, that would put EOS top of mind when your team is assessing which technology to use when solving your customer’s problems.

1 Like

Dan does not work for B1 anymore. He’s trying to develop an initiative that will help the community take control of the destiny of this project. Any discussions about B1 are not relevant to what we’re trying to do here.Dan couldn’t do any of the things you’re asking for even if he was still working for B1. He certainly can’t do anything about them now!

I like a lot of your other ideas though. Let’s stick to talking about things like:

• speed up the improvement of EOS
  • develop cross-chain function between BTC,ETH and EOS
  • establish eos foundation, support eos community and dapp, such as defis, box, prospectors.io , etc.
  • attract developers to eos and provide start-up funds
  • proactively communicate with community members, especially the Chinese community, rebuilding confidence in EOS

Those things will gradually add tremendous value to the value of EOS main net. However it’s important to remember that our goal here is to just add as much value as possible. The goal is not to pump the token price.

3 Likes

I love eos, You is a great genius, you created EOS, I admire you very muchand! I love DFS too, Welcome to DFS network!

1 Like