EOSCommunity.org Forums

What does it mean to be a member of the EOS community?

2 Likes

You eloquently stated my entire life purpose just then. Thank you for recognizing the value & importance of that. :slight_smile: Mishi

3 Likes

In your opinion, what should a good community member do after joining the community? :blush:

1 Like

ēš„ē”®ļ¼Œęœ¬ę„ēœ‹äøåˆ°åøŒęœ›äŗ†ć€‚但ę˜ÆDanå›žę„äŗ†ļ¼ŒåøŒęœ›ē»™ē¤¾åŒŗåø¦ę„åŠ›é‡ć€‚

Invite friends and encourage community and engage in eos businesses. Contribute to eos economy

5 Likes

I think the first thing to do is to support pizza, defibox and defis so that other teams can see successful samples. Let everyone restore their confidence in you. Then govern eos.

2 Likes

Ask not what EOS can do for you, ask what you can do for EOS.

Every day I get the sense some people want to reap the benefits of exciting new technologies such as EOSIO by riding on the coattails of those who are truly hard at work, keeping their heads down and making a difference.

The best example I can think of this attitude are the parasitic sock puppet BPs, extracting value from the network for nothing in return. This is NOT what being part of the EOS community means. This short term vision is doomed :skull_and_crossbones:

For me being a member of the EOS community is not being fixated on token prices and getting rich quickly. And seeing the much greater potential of technology as a vehicle for creating a world that is more inclusive, decentralized, and fair.

Ask not what EOS will do for you but what together we can do for the freedom of man!

4 Likes

I absolutely agree with you - there is much good that we can do with this!

I can feel it. A huge wave of optimism after a lot of struggle. Thanks Dan. Now itā€™s time for EOS to change the rule of the game! Go EOS #gamechanger

1 Like

Pls make eos great again with comminicate members.
dfs ,box, pizza,vigor should be top21 and praized.
this is base condition for rebuild eos communicate.

DFS community are glade you back!
together to make eos great

2 Likes

Pls make eos great again with comminicate members.
dfs ,box, pizza,vigor and other dev team, should be top21 and praized.
this is base condition for rebuild eos communicate.

2 Likes

Welcome back Dan, I never give up EOS, always believe that you will come back! Break down the gossip and letā€™s build a better future for EOS!

3 Likes

Hello World,

Having read Danā€™s book ā€œMore Equal Animalsā€, and knowing (constantly learning) about the tech and protocols behind EOS, Iā€™m convinced that this is the right direction for crypto to be taking. But crypto alone wonā€™t secure the protection of life, liberty and community, or as the Knightā€™s Templar would say ā€œLibertĆ©, Ć©galitĆ©, fraternitĆ©ā€.

I have a long career in real-world mining, trading commodities, and investment banking, so have seen the belly of the beast from the inside. I helped build some of first commodity trading platforms in the early 2000ā€™s and I commoditised the international coal market by building the first B2B commodity exchange.

Iā€™m very interested in exploring how crypto can help create a fairer world for all. Proof of mathematical work is a completely useless concept to mint a currency on. Proof of stake only perpetuates the ā€œinvestor problemā€ i.e. the rich get richer. DPOS is better, as I understand it, to deal with issuing and distribution of coins, at least for internal governance purposes.

However, the real world creates external wealth through production of goods and services, often through the raping of Nature (without accounting for its cost), but thatā€™s another storyā€¦ So for a currency to handle that form of wealth creation, we should also be able to record ā€œProof of Productionā€. There can be no inflation (meaning prices will rise) when new currency is minted on the back of new products and services being created.

These are some of the ideas I would like to share and explore with the EOS community. Is there a forum where new DAPPS / DAOā€™s can be suggested, for developers to pick up and perhaps work on? Because I have plenty Iā€™m willing to share, most with fully worked financial models and use cases. All are looking to bridge from fiat to a viable, self-referential alternative currency that protects liberty and privacy, whilst also protecting Nature, and helping everyone around the world to lift themselves up.

P.S. ruffashlar = rough ashlar, a masonic term implying that Iā€™m still learningā€¦ :smile:

2 Likes

We need a list of tasks and team members who can offer their services so they can start working, happy to get involved in managing a task

1 Like

So what would be the best way to know what each of us can bring to the eos community to not create confusion and trash?

1 Like

I am looking for a community that belongs to itā€™s members and cherishes decentralization. I love technology and I understand the need to decentralize our governments. I am fond of the concept of the EdenOS and I feel itā€™s a huge step in the right direction. Re-introduce people into the mix and provide them with TRUST to perform their duties reliably.

The EOS community is very large but it has somewhat lost its mojo. Your reemergence into the community is inspiring and very motivating. EOS just got a second wind. I stand WITH you. I share your vision for EOS.

Iā€™ve spent the past few years producing videos for EOSUSA and other EOSIO related projects. We sold EOSUSA a year ago and this was my last week. I humbly offer video production as my contribution to the team. I believe that quality videos leave a lasting impression and can be a powerful tool for recruiting future community members. A strong online presence is essential for EOS and I would love to take part in its creation.

Thank you for engaging the community in such a personal and meaningful way. Count me in if youā€™ll have me. I attached a range of recent videos for your review. Iā€™m not trying to be IN the videos, but I would love to package up community videos for a nice presentation on our soon-to-be YouTube channel. Iā€™m game for anything.
As of this week I have no YT channel anymore. Maybe I can create videos for a new EOS channel?!

Making EOS Great Again - Absolutely LOVE IT!

Clay Albright

Alien Worlds Community Introduction 1:28
Alien Worlds Fanfiction 3:56
Telos Proxy Introduction 1:33
Telos Proxy Scorecard 1:08

3 Likes

I am very happy that Dan back to EOS community, a strong community need many thing, but a import thing is the fund, in your last article , you said 0.25% inflation per year
so there are two question

1. what does mean 4 B$ EOS ICO ?
  2. 100M EOS token that B1 keep in genesis?
1 Like

I think that the power of unity and consistent direction for the EOS community are important.
Therefore, roadmap for EOS Community is needed.

1 Like

A fast, scalable and low transaction-cost network could provide tremendous value to the world. What percentage of the worldā€™s population is unbanked?
How many more find themselves paying low-balance or high transaction fees to maintain accounts or perform basic services? How many waste precious time commuting to and from a bank or money transfer business to send/receive a money transfer from family in another country? EOS is not the only low-cost network. But when I look at Bitcoin.comā€™s map of businesses which accept Bitcoin, it is generally only a small number of restaurants. Not exactly mass adoption even for the #1 crypto. Even then, who wants to spend as much on transaction fees as the cost of their lunch? How easy would it be for someone in an emerging market country to set up a digital wallet account (EOS or any other crypto), receive funds from a family member or business and most importantly be able to use those funds in their location? Would account creation and RAM, CPU, Net be obstacles to doing so? Even in South Florida where can I go to use EOS for retail purchases? Let us also not forget about the tax implications of using crypto for retail transactions - at the moment a taxable event which creates an administrative hurdle to doing so. Perhaps a stable coin account connected to an overcollateralized crypto balance could serve that function without the tax implications of selling crypto. But even Wal-Mart does not yet accept USDC or USDT or DAI. Apple, Microsoft, Amazon, Facebook and Google created value to large numbers of people and grew to become massive networks. What value proposition can EOS provide that another blockchain is not already addressing?