EOSCommunity.org Forums

What does it mean to be a member of the EOS community?

Hi Dan, great to have you back!

Some of the burning issues I think that we need to address as a community in order of priority is;

1. create an EOS foundation
  2. solve free accounts on EOS
  3. deploy a workers proposal system (one is ready and approved but B1 stopped it…)
  4. IBC between EOSIO chains
  5. staking pools

I think as a community we should refine this list more and start attacking each issue. We shouldn’t rely on what PBE next have in their list, instead, we should demand what the next priority is and have them support the development of it. This is why a foundation is the first critical step to be that point of contact for the community.

10 Likes

After reading The Sovereign Individual, I crave strong community with people who share my values (personal growth, voluntary cooperation, patience, tolerance, humility, integrity, wisdom, compassion, determination, resilience) and purpose (promoting principles of life, liberty, property, and justice for all).

I would consider my contributive role right now as “eager user.” I have used EOS almost every day since genesis. Despite the sad token price, the user experience continues to improve. I’m not a programmer, but with EOS I’ve started learning basic programming for the joy of tinkering. Perhaps I can contribute by asking the questions where others like me may struggle to help blaze the trail of mass adoption.

8 Likes

As a libertarian (ancap) I am looking for a crypto community that builds and uses dapps that help individuals engineer their own freedom.

If that’s not EOS then it will be an eosio ledger that isn’t born yet.

I am going to be doing the following to help EOS improve:

1. recruit more libertarians and capital to EOS
  2. recruit projects to use DAC Factory software on EOS.
7 Likes

good job! :grinning: :metal: :+1:

3 Likes

Great to see this community forum coming to life, thank you Greymass and also Dan for supporting the community!

As far as what I can offer to the community… I started EOSwriter a couple of years ago now inspired by Dan’s vision of EOS and the good it could bring to humanity, since then myself and our team has grown the small blog into a profitable multifaceted company https://writer.io/, we plan to support the EOS community by continuing to publish relevant EOS content in various formats from an unbiased perspective, we are also extremely excited to bring high-quality NFTs to the EOS mainnet which should create some new excitement and attract new users to the EOS community.

One thing I will say is that as we’ve begun interacting with crypto writers who had previously no exposure to EOS, once they see and use the tech, they are astonished by how well it works. EOS really does have an incredible tech stack just waiting to be leveraged in the correct manner, lets go!

10 Likes

저같은 초보자도 참여할수있게됨을 감사하겠 생각합니다. 열심히 이오스에대해 공부해야겠어요…

5 Likes

Nice to hear the good news Dan.
Hope for wonderful year of EOS

2 Likes

I believe it is crucial to [quote=“bytemaster, post:5, topic:492”]
incorporate the elements B1 is bringing to the table
[/quote] as in the past B1 did roll out products / features that some community teams put a lot of effort in to build independend from B1, then B1 released a similar product / feature, squashing the community efforts.

Obviously you could argue that competition is good, but it’s also demoralizing for small self-funded indi teams, so I hope we can work hand in hand with B1 instead of fighting with them. An EOS foundation would be a great way to navigate this and eventually create a coordinated roadmap between B1 and the EOS dev community.

4 Likes

Great to see things going forward.

1 Like

The most important thing is to get more developers and dapps

1 Like

Already having fun. :upside_down_face: :sunglasses: :small_airplane:

1 Like

Thanks for the reply. B1 already paid for the EVM implementation and it seems to be ready for long time. Look at what binance chain is doing currently everyone is just moving to BSC just because it’s scalable and they don’t need to write the smart contracts again. Moonbeam is attracting a lot of attention just because its EVM compatible. If the EVM code was implemented as a priority it would have incentivised a lot of people to move to EOS which is so much faster. Nobody cares about decentralisation when they are moving to Binancechain. I have been helping build DEFI on EOS and not having read functions is a big problem giving per block rewards I have seen your messages where you say it introduces unwanted complications and security threats but its something which seems essential.

4 Likes

Sir,I don’t agree with your point of view,many defi applications I have used which friendliest is the defi application(defi networks) over eos。

1 Like

For the foundation, I think we should simplify things as much as possible utilising what we already have. Start small and build ontop of it. The lean startup method if you will.

Why don’t we have a voluntary EOS foundation that isn’t funded (saving on many headaches). The foundation should have 10 committee members that meet once per month on a public live stream that is recorded and saved. Committee members are elected via self-nominations to the EOS referendum tool. The 10 most voted members are in the committee and are allowed to be on the live stream + translators. From there these members can boil down and assess updates and issues that need to be addressed and be the voice for EOS to B1 and other interested parties. Obviously, there is much much more that can be done, but this is something we could implement now to get the ball rolling. Just my 2cents…

3 Likes

Wait this community for long. We can make EOS greater and better. :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

I’m glad you’re back . let’s make EOS great again! go go go

1 Like

Dan it’s great we have a place for the EOS community to call our own, it’s also important that we have a single place to communicate, we need to move on from endless talk, slagging people off, topics being discussed continuously being replicated in many mediums over and over again! We need to get to a place where we can all come up with improvements, Dapp and project ideas / governance / investment opportunities / onboarding of non tech users / marketing/ expanding network effect etc I would suggest we have multiple channels on each subject all working together in parallel as one with the same determination to see EOS succeed and be the best used utility coin on the planet which would also quickly drive up token value. We also need easy polls / voting for high priority improvements to help quickly drive development and implementation

4 Likes

반갑습니다:) 포럼에서 뵙네요
많은 내용이 많이 있으니 도움이 충분히 되실꺼에요 화이팅 입니다 :muscle:

2 Likes

맥스님 감사합니다. 공부좀 열심히 해서 맥스님 귀찬지않게 해야하는데…늘 고맙습니다.

2 Likes

That is something only you know best. Listing our capabilities or areas where we can provide personal value helps to organize. Thanks for your willingness to help

1 Like