EOSCommunity.org Forums

Want to join the Eden Genesis Community? Introduce Yourself to the Community HERE!

Hey,

I’m itzr, the founder of Stakehodler. We are a digital working group building tools for Web 3.0. We believe that DAOs are the future of human collaboration with an unprecedented potential for scale & innovative forms of governance.

Tell us how you found out about eden?

I’ve been following the development of EOS since 2017. More recently, researching the latest thinking on DAOs brought me to Dan’s personal blog.

What is it about the community’s vision/values/ideas attracted you?

I like the idea of experimenting with fractal democracy. Over time, I’ve researched dismissed concepts such as Syndicalism and Ricardo Semler’s thinking on governance. Blockchain technology brings a fresh breath of air on how to implement these concepts and whilst also addressing previous shortcomings. Eden is an interesting effort to bring this thinking back to life.

Why do you want to become a member?

I’m interested in building modular & composable governance tools for Eden to use. Also interested in participating in the latest thinking.

In what way do you see yourself contributing to the community?

My organization is geared towards building for Web3.0, and in particular governance. My background is in Software Engineering & Corporate Governance.

If you were to become an elected Eden Genesis representative with a budget, how would you spend that budget?

The budget would get spent on grants, bounties, and contracts to making the community vision into reality.

Please provide your Telegram username so that Eden members can contact you to learn more.

My telegram handle is ‘@itzr1’. Telegram: Contact @itzr1

Cheers!

Hello everyone,

My name is Daniel, I live in Australia and have been working in the marketing, advertising and technology sector for over 11 years.

I bought my first Bitcoin late 2018 and since then I have thrown myself deep into crypto which has been a life changing experience to say the least!

As with everyone’s journey into crypto, I went through many different phases as I explored the breadth and depth of what it has to offer and how it can change the world. BTC as the world’s first truly borderless P2P settlement system, EOS as the fastest, most efficient and scalable blockchain, the Metaverse, and now Eden on EOS.

*** Tell us how you found out about eden?**

I found out about Eden through Dan Larimer.

*** What is it about the community’s vision/values/ideas attracted you?**

I have become disillusioned with the 2 party system and this is the first time I’ve seen a genuine alternative arising which is very exciting. In my view, the potential of true consensus is limitless and I am inspired to see this community attempting to build it.

*** Why do you want to become a member?**

It’s not often that you get the opportunity to be part of something that is TRULY revolutionary. I believe that this initiative could change the world and I want to look back at the beginnings of this and say I had a helping hand in creating change.

*** In what way do you see yourself contributing to the community?**

I have over 11 years of experience in marketing and advertising. I am skilled in building strategic partnerships, new customer acquisition and brand building. Eden on EOS is a brand and I can help it grow.

*** If you were to become an elected Eden Genesis representative with a budget, how would you spend that budget?**

Leaning on my skills and expertise I would be ready on standby to help build marketing campaigns designed to grow the Eden on EOS brand.

*** Please provide your Telegram username so that Eden members can contact you to learn more.**

DCravs

Hi Guys, I m CharlieQ
I found Eden from Everything Eos Youtube channel. What attracted me to Eden was a new way to from consensus. I want to become a member to help turn eos around and to change the bad politics that i ve been seeing. If i become a member i would like to to contribute my thoughts and ideas to hopefully make eos the number #1 blockchain for smart contracts. If i was elected Eden Gensis representative with a budget i would spend it on current projects i feel have a good chance to succeed right now. I have a list of them and we are currently building. I m going to fight to get them funded. BRING ON THE GAMES!

telegram @cryptocharlie1 please dm me anytime. i love to talk. lol

1 Like

Hi all,

My name is Adrian, I live in Melbourne Australia and do Project Management for a living. I am an EOS genesis holder and am very interested in becoming an Eden EOS member. My responses to the questions are as below:

• Tell us how you found out about eden? - I found out about Eden initially via Dan from his Twitter and then learnt more through other community members and this very website.

• What is it about the community’s vision/values/ideas attracted you? - I love the prospect of individuals being able to come together in a truely transparent and democratic way which will better align values to the overall EOS community.

• Why do you want to become a member? - I would like to participate in the election process

• In what way do you see yourself contributing to the community? - I do not have any technical coding skills, but I would love to be able to help others where I can. My strong suit is communication, and management of various moving parts to achieve a common goal (I am a project manager)

• If you were to become an elected Eden Genesis representative with a budget, how would you spend that budget? - I would focus on funding development. EOS needs EVM / IBC live, it needs better on boarding, better ledger / hardware wallet integration. Through development of Dapps and integration with other blockchains the EOS token will gain more utility.

• Please provide your Telegram username so that Eden members can contact you to learn more. @adrian_capo

Please join the EdenOnEOS Telegram channel if you haven’t already: Telegram: Contact @EdenOSinfo
Visit our website at: http://edeneos.org/

Hey everyone, I’m Gavin Lu ( TG: @Gavin1213),
Firstly, I found out about Eden through friends when I talk about EOS news in Wechat. Then I found out this EOSCommunity.
I have hold EOS about 4years from It’s ICO ,I love EOS & EOSIO,I believe it will be sucessed In the near future.
I‘d love to join Eden, and want an invite to join the community.

Good to have you aboard CQ

Hello everyone I’m dominick kennedy from California Blockchain/crypto hobbyist. Still learning and sharing the word about crypto. Been holding eos since 2018 interested to see it grow .

• Tell us how you found out about eden?
    From a friend. I’ve been an EOS follower since before the ICO.
    I have been following Dan and, being a fellow logician - I teach Vedanta - I applaud his work and see his vision of community he puts forward in his book as the only option for the future.
  • What is it about the community’s vision/values/ideas attracted you?
    I think the power of the individual in society having been overemphasised, centralised in one word ‘I’, an idea of ourselves has become more powerful than we are. Especially on social media. This diminishes our ability to think and function as whole complete human beings and as a society. Decentralising and disrupting this ‘I’, giving power back to its rightful owner - ourselves - is in line with Eden and Dan Larimers vision and Vedanta. Self-Knowledge; knowing who I am without identity, name personality etc. who you are before you can even think of individuality, i.e. depersonalising this ‘I’ is the key.
  • Why do you want to become a member?
    Perhaps I could help in motivating decentralised and depersonalised (disruptive) ways of thinking. As I believe this to be the only way we regain our humanity and future as a species.
  • In what way do you see yourself contributing to the community?
    Spreading the value of Dan Larimers ideas and work, EOS as the financial rock of the future as well as well as Self-knowledge. The teachings of the ancient veda/upanishads as a way of decentralising power and getting humanity back.
  • If you were to become an elected Eden Genesis representative with a budget, how would you spend that budget?
    Support the spread and value of EOS and Eden on Eos and decentralisation and depersonalisation taught in Vedanta as the way to help society rebuild and regain the future.
  • Please provide your Telegram username so that Eden members can contact you to learn more.
    @Yogamamba - John Weddepohl

Hi there, I am Adem from Istanbul. I am working in a company as sales and marketing manager.
I found out about Eden via Telegram. My telegram username @geviss.
I already started to introduce Eos to people around me. And a lot of them started to hold EOS for long term. Me and my friends are believing its future and everyone will learn it soon or later. And i want to be part of this.

Hi

My name is Michael Kimani ‘Kioneki’ @pesa_africa on twitter Africa’s number 1 Crypto Blockchain Operator (Look me up) https://www.linkedin.com/in/michaelkimanikioneki/

I have been a member of the EOS community since the token sale, been through the up and down cycles of the community until Dan quit B1, came back to the fold and proposed Eden through his new book, More Equal Animals. I was part of the early Voice calls when Dan rejoined. Ive also stuck around and followed everything going on with Eden, Chris, Lovejoy the whole gang.

The vision and mission of championing a new model for online communities to govern themselves. It is a groundbreaking Exciting thought experiment put into practice. Gets my blood flowing.

I would like to be part of this exciting adventure championing online governance models of communities of the future. I want to be part of the pioneers.

I have lots of skills and experience, plus I am from Kenya, East Africa. I guess it depends on the community needs and short - medium term goals.

For now, I see myself as a bridge for the community grow EOS and EOSIO in the African market.

If you were to become an elected Eden Genesis representative with a budget, how would you spend that budget?

I would fund myself as an Entrepreneur in Residence EIR for a period of 1 year to support the EOS Ecosystems of Dapps looking to build for Africa to succeed. I come highly recommended , got the reputation, work experience, i am perfect for it. Stellar , Celo, Ethereum approached me (Look me up) https://www.linkedin.com/in/michaelkimanikioneki/

I would identify a suitable partner to run an EOS based hackathon for African developers to get them excited about EOS and see what kind of ideas they come up with. Something like a tournament where the best ideas get voted on and winners take home a prize.

Please provide your Telegram username so that Eden members can contact you to learn more

@TheChosen1

Hello Eos community
Being a genesis eos account holder i am following every development on eos governance but my first language is not english so i feel little bit shy. My name is Kausik

I found about eden from dan larimers conversation after leaving block one.

Continuous development towards an independent commutity and democratic governance system ( a model structured in “More equal animals”) attracted me.

Being a eosio training course certificate holder ( certificate id iakahhmgwr) from block one I feel comfortable to contribute myself towards the development of eosio projects. Thats why i want to become a member.

By involving myself and introducing others about the new and recent developments on eosio and eos i want to contribute.

By funding the projects which are leveraging eos i want to spend 20% of the budget and remaining 80% after reviewing the projects.

My telegram user name is Red giant and i am present in EdenOnEos telegram group. You can find me in other eos telegram group also.

Please invite me. I want to be a part in this revolutionary new election system.

Hi, I am Liu Sining, a software developer trying to build something on EOS.

I learned about Eden since I followed Dan Larimer on Twitter and read his book.

Transparency. Eden may be the first organization designed to be as transparent as possible by using a blockchain to make its most activities verifiable. I expect it would be far more trustworthy than a traditional institution.

I want to build some dApps leveraging the Eden membership, so it’s better for myself to become a member first.

I am a software developer. By building some applications, I may make the Eden membership more attractive.

I am not sure. Maybe I will hire my friends to develop apps for the community.

Please provide your Telegram username so that Eden members can contact you to learn more.

siningliu

Hi, I’m Emre, from Turkey. I am a civil enginner, with 1 year of experience in Turkey

I found on EOS Telegram Channel and after participating EOS Bees.

I saw the effort of Eden members to EOS Ecosystem and wanted the participate.

I believe in project and wanted to help this community with marketing, voting.

I’m sure that i will contribute this community with making whatever my responsibilities are with marketting etc.

I believe that technology is more important than the marketting and i am sure that i spend the budget for leveraging the EOS Ecosystem

Hello, Gius here,

• I knew about EOS Eden because of friends and colleagues who are very passionate about the EOS world. I’m in the team winning the 2021’s Beyond Blockchain Hackathon with DAOBull.
  • I’m attracted by the ethical values at the foundations of the EOS concept and by the architecture of the EOSIO platform.
  • I like the basis of EOS, but I understand it’s not hard to deviate from the initial plans. I want to help the community to keep the “good” direction.
  • I’ve been programming across many decades on both the back-end and front-end; I participated as a node to distributed.net RC5 projects at the end of the 90s, feeling a bit guilty for those CPUs wasting energy to find the 56 then 64-bit secret key. I couldn’t understand why this “waste” was, but I was still fascinated. I couldn’t feel good knowing how much energy Bitcoin mining uses now, two decades after. That’s possibly one main reason I like EOS.

Telegram: Y0s1f

Hi, exodus here,

• Tell us how you found out about eden?
    I heard about Eden thru Dan Larimer’s post and thru reddit and twitter posts.

• What is it about the community’s vision/values/ideas attracted you?
    I am attracted to true democracy and freedom for the whole world.

• Why do you want to become a member?
    I want to get involve in the study and development in making #eos a global blockchain that can help the masses gain their freedom.

• In what way do you see yourself contributing to the community?
    I see myself creating art and articles that promote the values of the system and the community.

• If you were to become an elected Eden Genesis representative with a budget, how would you spend that budget?
    I will have to invite volunteers with the same ideology with the system and community and will hire professionals that can help us grow and contribute more.

• Please provide your Telegram username so that Eden members can contact you to learn more.
    telegram: @ex0d0s

Hello, my name is Sergey Kashytskyy, I am glad that I have the opportunity to become part of the innovative vision of the EOS EDEN community! I have believed in EOS from the very beginning and am the owner of EOS Genesis. I got to know Bitcoin in 2012, buying it and immediately selling it for a small profit, not realizing its value! In 2017, I realized that you need to deeply study what you invest in, after that I got to know EOS by watching Dan Larimer’s presentation! Since then I have been investing in EOS and projects on EOSIO! I actively promote EOS on Twitter, I did it on and on VOICE, I have a youtube channel with 23,000 subscribers with a different topic, but I started a smooth transition to the blockchain sphere, where EOS will dominate!

Hi everyone, I’m Craig Nordbrock.

Tell us how you found out about Eden?
I discovered Dan and EOS in November 2017 and read, listened to and watched anything I could find about Dan or his projects. I was confused when he left B1 and very interested in what he was going to do next. After reading More Equal Animals, things became clearer. I loved the book and couldn’t wait to see how the concept was going to be put into practice. Now I know!

America and the world are a mess and so divided. Eden has a chance to change that with so many bright minds in the community. I want to be a part of that change. I want a better world for my kids.

To hopefully change the trajectory of EOS first, then the world. I hesitated in wanting to become a member because there are so many incredibly smart people in the community. Not being a developer, I didn’t think I was qualified or could contribute enough, but the opportunity just seems too compelling to miss.

I’m not sure but I’ll find some way to contribute. I have a background in IT sourcing and I am currently a business analyst in a corporate Cloud Business Office.

It’s likely too late to participate in tomorrow’s election but even if I did, I wouldn’t run to get promoted as I’m not prepared. I would research projects that make it easy for non-technical people to onboard and use the technology. I remember being super nervous converting my ERC20 tokens to EOS tokens. Thanks for considering me. @Crager22

Have you been invited to Eden yet?

Hello my name (telegram name) is John Kennedy. I first discovered Eden from a friend of mine who introduced me to EOS a year ago. Actually he introduced me to crypto and I began following what EOS was and then began learning from Dan Larimer with regard to his vision of Eden on EOS where people within this ecosystem are truly democratic and having governance that enable the people within this ecosystem to be in charge of how the financial system works and no centralized entity will have “say” how the community makes their decisions.

I became attracted to EOS and specifically Eden on EOS because I am a high school teacher who teaches approximately 150 juniors and seniors in my financial literacy class. I spend much of the year teaching the importance of living on less than you make (no paycheck to paycheck like 78% of Americans currently experience) and teach the fundamentals of what it is to be financially responsible and successful in life. I love my country (USA), and I am concerned with the challenges the next generation will face with regard to the corruption within some of our government and the irresponsible decline of the value of our dollar as well as the system being set up to penalize those who save (basically earning 0% for CDs or savings accounts). I believe the future of person to person purchases using crypto (specifically EOS) can save our country as well as add optimism to our children’s financial futures.

I am 53 years old and I am not extremely tech savvy, but I think I can contribute to Eden on EOS by educating 150 high school students per year on what EOS is as well as what the future could look like, using what I am learning from this community to help edcuate our students. Basically, I feel with my heart that governance from the people for the people needs to be done in order to make the world a better place. Since I am not very tech savvy, if I was a member I would ask for help designing a unit within my class that I could teach these students. I have the freedom to do whatever I want within my classroom so I envision starting from ground level and during my investment unit, teaching about traditional investing as well as crypto investing (with EOS being a huge part of my teachings).

So, here is what I’m asking….Even though I cannot code or give technical help towards advancing Eden on EOS, do you (the community) think you could help me by providing me information that I could create units of study and lesson plans to educate our next generation of leaders?

If elected, I am not exactly sure how I would spend the budget, but I am excited to think I could be the first public education teacher to integrate these trainings to our kids.

I hope this all makes sense and even if I don’t get elected, I still would like to be a conduit of getting the information of the future of EOS and Eden on EOS to our students.

Thanks for your responses in advance and my Telegram name is John Kennedy. Thank you

I have not been invited to Eden yet. I would really appreciate the opportunity