EOSCommunity.org Forums

EOS Governance Draft Proposal Part 2

That makes sense, thanks.

Judy’s here
@JudyDFS

2 Likes

Judy已经来了,已经给BM留了言,BM也回复了

1 Like

Can we spend EOS equivalent Stable coin for all inflations and EOS tokens only for EOS development foundation to spend for development fees. All Exchanges are already flooded with EOS tokens.

Great idea.
DFS is doing something similar. It’s called Distributed Farm.
Farmers’ gains derived from DFS exchange fees, instead of EOS inflation.

This is our first attempt at DAC or DAO.

4 Likes

Hey, I found this interesting.

I’m going to go through a whole bunch of points and I’m also going to read your book, because coordinated groups of people working together on a 2/3 basis is the way to go and blockchain systems are the right way to mediate that coordination, the most powerful tool that we have for that.

I agree with the federation approach, the democracy of democracies is as you call it. That’s basically how Switzerland works as I understand it, and it seems to work quite well.

But I’m not really sure that this approach is suited to EOS, because the user groups in EOS lack sovereignty. They’re all a part of one logical whole, the blockchain, and are therefore not equals.

I’m quite convinced that on chain governance is vitally important, in fact for coordinating groups of actual people in the actual world. I think that the 2/3 threshold is better than anything else that exists.

The 2/3 threshold would have prevented the war in Iraq and afghanistan, for example.

51% support is simply insufficient for big and important decisions like that.

Anyhow I would say that groups need to be sovereign, a chain maps to a country or to a language group, then link the chains.

Thanks for graphene though, a few years ago I didn’t know what an accomplishment it is. It was mainly because I did not have the necessary depth of
experience to appreciate it.

Have you ever thought about implementing anything on tendermint consensus?

I think that overall it’s better, but the style (Boost/C++) of graphene leads to pretty incredible efficiency.

To make blurt run on raspberry Pi devices, I removed some rather old stack Trace code. After that I was able to build for arm targets and the fact the matter is I’m blown away by the efficiency.

Even though graphene is very efficient, I think that it has governance deficiencies, and that these deficiencies led to problems on nearly every current graphene blockchain. That is to say, that difficulties in the witness set, can lead to the chain being taken over and becoming something else with ease.

This has a bit to do with the upgrade method, but also a bit to do with the fact that in current implementations, every user gets dirty 30, and there’s no risk to voters other than decreased economic performance on the chain.

So in that sense I think that the cosmos model of slashing is better but I actually don’t believe in slashing…

There’s got to be a better way, or maybe it’s just parameter adjustments.

What I consider ideal is actually having many, unreliable validators or witnesses, with an active set of around 100-200.

The ideal would be a system that allows for validators to drop on and off but remains economically and infrastructurally stable, despite a dynamic validator / witness set.

An ideal system likely would not have slashing for downtime, and might have a way for stake to “fall back” onto an alternate node.

Also, there are fees, and those things are relatively high, so that the chain does not get too big and unweildy, because this is harmful to decentralization.

I really do think that we are headed toward world where highly efficient blockchain states are set up, and that this is likely to begin with highly efficient blockchain cities.

These cities would naturally enjoy efficient economic interactions with other similarly constituted cities.

2 Likes

I like it.

Perhaps you should propose a BP MSIG or Referendum Poll for awareness for BPs to signal an understanding of what is being attempted.

5 Likes

Great plan.
I’ve expanded thinking into a three branch approach when needed in the future:
https://forums.eoscommunity.org/t/1-2-3-of-governance/1427

This is a belated surprise, let us together make EOS great again

Is EdenOS a layer on top of EOS mainnet? Meaning fully runs on mainnet.

If it is, can you clarify it in your tweet because it looks like ur taking the EOS name (for those wearing eth goggles).

Thanks,

Yes. It runs on mainnet.

1 Like

hi,judy, thank you for developing DFS. I wish you a good mood every day

I am a Chinese citizen, I really want to join in. Unfortunately, I don’t know English and technology!

1 Like

加入中文tg频道,我们连接英文,看涨其他各个社区,用中文也能参与社区各类活动!

1 Like

tg搜索:@eoscn .中文频道欢迎您的加入!

Great insight, I noticed the inspirations from your book, I have a few questions though.

When evicting a member, what if the member refuses to participate in the eviction process and community is unable to get a response from them? How is the eviction enforced then?

And, if we select by geography, would someone’s geographic location be visible to everyone on chain? How do we verify geography and maintain as much privacy as we can?

“To become a member you must have an invitation and approval of 3 existing members, pay a membership due of approximately 3 hours of minimum wage (currently about 10 EOS), and be vetted by one of 5 randomly selected elected officials.”

This bases community participation off of the minimum wage of the most wealthy and prosperous country in the world. Doing this means this becomes a blockchain for wealthier people and wealthier countries. If you want EOS to be a blockchain with world wide representation your not going to get communities from poorer countries building tools on EOS that represent the needs of those communities. Only the wealthier individuals of these poorer countries will be able to afford the 3 hours of a minimum wage equivalent in the United States.

Something like this would only work if you clearly define what “Minimum Wage” is and most importantly, “minimum wage” (IMHO) shouldn’t be determined by the economic standing of only one country. This should be something you base off of the location of the individual because for poorer countries this can get expensive REALLY quick. Especially when “Minimum Wage” is at the mercy of U.S. legislation and looks to be heading the direction of becoming $15.00/hr.

Minimum hourly wage in New Delhi India is $1.47. Our (U.S.) minimum wage varies from state to state but given your example at $3.79 per EOS (using newdex) * 10 (10 EOS requirement) / 3 (hours of “minimum wage”) the minimum wage outlined here is $12.64 (rounded up). That means Someone in New Delhi needs work 8.6 hours to pay for membership in a community that may or may not end up being a succesful community, that may or may not act in the best interest of its individuals. If you’ve been to a third world country people DO NOT have a days wages to throw around on tools they hope will be built on an obscure blockchain. (I wish it wasn’t so obscure)

All i’m saying is, this “minimum wage” whatever it is, should be a bit more dynamic than what is described here. Maybe set the entry per minium wage in each country?

Also, Dan, thank you for answering my other question, I know that this entry price could be adjusted Globally (meaning for all communites, the price would be the same) what I want to know though is can this be adjusted on a more granular level to allow people in poorer countries to participate. I hope this question is clear.

Sources:

What is the minimum wage in cities around the world?—Hopes&Fears.

EOS price: Newdex - The World's Leading Decentralized Exchange

1 Like

JUDY GOOD JOB,let us make eos great!

Each sub community could set it’s own policy

3 Likes

Working to ensure China has such a community too

3 Likes