EOSCommunity.org Forums

Wombat hijacking Anchor ESR requests?

I attempted to login to violet.garden on iOS this morning and found that tapping the ‘Launch Anchor’ link suggested I open open it in Wombat rather than Anchor. Deleting the app fixed the issue for me. But in case anyone else had that app installed, might be a confusing experience.

Yeah the Wombat team has been working to integrate the EOSIO Signing Request protocol, which Anchor uses. It looks like they deployed this recently to their browser extension and enabled it by default. Kind of a confusing situation for those who use both.

In the Wombat settings it looks like you can disable “Anchor Support” or something. If you do that and refresh the page, Anchor will start responding to those requests again.

We’ll have to reach out to the Wombat team and figure out how best to handle this situation.

3 Likes

Seems that this is still an issue in iOS. Not just an issue for the browser extension - I have both the Anchor and Wombat iOS wallets installed and it always seems to want to default to Wombat when I attempt to connect with Anchor.

I couldn’t find anything in the Wombat settings to disable it. I wonder how iOS determines the default?

Yeah - since this was originally posted, Wombat also added support in their mobile version to register it as the default handler for esr:// stype links on iOS.

Unfortunately iOS doesn’t really give any clear choice in which apps handle these types of links. Having both installed leads to somewhat of a crap shoot as to which will be asked to handle it.

We’re moving towards app-specific URIs in the future to resolve this situation within the new SDKs, but right now, there’s no easy fix besides uninstalling one of the apps and just using the one you want.

2 Likes

wen SDKs? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like