EOSCommunity.org Forums

Why open fail in anchor desktop wallet. os is Ubuntu 18.04.3 LTS

1 Like

This error looks to be an issue with the device not having enough RAM to run the app :thinking:

Anchor is pretty RAM hungry unfortunately. We have some optimizations coming soon to hopefully reduce that.

1 Like

I also am looking for help with an issue I am having. I have the EOS-voter link on my desk top and have not opened it in a year. Now for the last week, every time I try. I get a box that pops up telling me “Windows cannot access a specific device, path or file. You may not have the appropriate permission to access the item”. I need help but struggle to find anyone that can help. Can you help AAron?

It sounds like the shortcut on your desktop is either broken or something removed eos-voter from your computer. The shortcut you’re clicking it trying to launch the application, but the application itself is not being found.

You can view the properties of the shortcut by right clicking on it, which will tell you the folder on your computer its expecting the application to be in. You could then go look for that folder to see if it exists.

If it doesn’t exist, you could always try reinstalling it. EOS-Voter is no longer in development and has since been replaced by Anchor (our newer wallet), but you can still find downloads which should work for EOS-Voter here : https://github.com/greymass/anchor/releases/tag/v0.7.12

I have often had the problem when I get this message when Anchor is open and unlocked. I can’t complete the transaction. Is there something in Anchor I can do to complete the transaction? (This example is trying to post a photo in Violet Garden, btw. Other posts without images seem to not have trouble calling up the signing page).

This has been an issue we’ve been fighting for a few months now, trying to find all the situations where its occurring. Generally, either restarting Anchor or logging in and out of the application you’re using will resolve the issue.

That’s not a great answer though and is kind of annoying to have to do. We’re looking to see if we can come up with a better fix.

We hope to make the CPU more convenient and feel less :innocent: