EOSCommunity.org Forums

Unable to Import an Existing Account

Team,

I just created a new EOS account (apple store), I am trying to link this account to my desktop anchor , when choosing import private keys option, i submit the keys but nothing happens, the import account icon is greyed out and the no account found raw disappeared.

When trying to use the certificate option, its asking me at the end (After the 6 words stage) to submit a password, at no point I summited a password when setting the account on my IPAD (might have used the biometric login during the setup process, not sure).

Desktop version is running on 1.3.2, IOS version on 1.2.3

Same problem :confused: (from private key and from ledger - Anchor doesn’t find accounts).

Same here :frowning:
Looks like a general issue

Yeah looks like an API issue on our end. There was an attack on the network pretty recently that created a millions of accounts, and our systems have been struggling with the extra load that placed on it suddenly. We’re looking into it.

One thing to try would be to change the API in Anchor (under Manage Blockchains) to one of the “account” APIs listed on this page:

https://validate.eosnation.io/eos/reports/endpoints.html

Thanks a lot. The issue was resolved changing the endpoint. Didn’t know we could do this.

Account not found
Could not load the expected accounts for this request: greymassfuel@cosign, xxxx@active

What’s the problem?

I am unable to sell my REX (withdraw to my account). It does not connect to my Anchor wallet when trying to put the transaction through. I can see all of my balances in EOS, other tokens, and REX, but it the transaction fails.
It asks to Scan the QR-code with your Anchor app or Open the Anchor app (on my desktop). I choose the 2nd option and then I have to prove identiy, and this is where it fails everytime.
Can anybody assist me on this?
Thanks.

What’s the error you’re getting while proving your identity to the app?

Without knowing that - one thing you could try is re-importing your account into Anchor. Just go into Manage Wallets, then the Add button in the upper right - and import it again using your private key. Then try again and it may be resolved.

This is the error message I am getting is as below. I have tried to import it again. I inserted the private key and below it says that no accounts found that match this key.

Error

transaction declares authority ‘{“actor”:“gyztonjxgyge”,“permission”:“owner”}’, but does not have signatures for it under a provided delay of 0 ms, provided permissions [], provided keys [“EOS6Ue4J3Tm1rqpfX9uP1UAvbxwgsDgxTkdcfjno75qUpjqd6TUTL”,“EOS8Ym3MwFnAgPgDZUB9J9FwW3SrMNhr3JDv9qZA3R7nUC7DnBvm4”], and a delay max limit of 3888000000 ms

I really hate to be the bearer of bad news, but it looks like your keys were changed back in September from what looks to be a phishing link of some kind claiming to be free resources. This was the transaction by your account:

https://bloks.io/transaction/f9e47af3a65e3c719d7095948f49ac41fd24abe7c65a36d59ff6d3b5af3ca07b

It shows both the owner and active key being changed on the account, making the key you have no longer valid. That’s why the identity checks and account imports are failing :frowning_face:

Yes, I supposed so.
I wonder if I have any recourse. I don’t even remember clicking on anything, really.
Must have been totally by accident.
But, I wonder why the company that runs the wallet that I was using bears no responsibility for this.

Most of these phishing attacks aren’t exactly clicks, they are website URLs that get spammed to users through messages in small token transfers. Users then view their transaction history and see these links, which then have to be manually copied and pasted into a browser by hand, since most explorers won’t let those links be clickable. These websites then claim to offer things and ask users to either paste your private key into the website or typically login with Scatter.

I haven’t ever seen one for Anchor, but I haven’t looked in probably at least 6 months. The reason is because Anchor actually blocks you from performing any transaction that includes an action to change the keys of an account. Instead of a request you’d approve, it’ll show a red warning message and block the request any time these types of transactions are detected (even if intentional).

Users have to manually opt-out of these warnings through the settings to even be able to sign a key change from an external application. Even opt’d out, there’s red warnings on the screen during the process to create a warning that this isn’t a normal transaction.

The phishing attack specifically in this instance, “free resources from block.one”, was actually masquerading as a “free voice token claim” with a link in the transfer memo. This was one we researched previously and the options they offered was either to paste a key on the website or login w/ Scatter.

This was a thread I found from a while ago where it was discussed:

https://forums.eoscommunity.org/t/wallet-hacked-looking-for-hope/350

As for your final comment:

We don’t “run the wallet” - you do. When using any non-custodial wallet… you are downloading free, open source software, that exists on a best-effort basis under the MIT license. It’s ultimately your responsibility to secure your computer, applications, and private keys.

For what it’s worth - I know this is a shitty situation and I wish there was something I could offer, unfortunately there is not. I’ve been scammed myself years ago, and have interacted with dozens of people (if not more) who have fallen into this trap. It sucks, both having it happen to you and having to explain to people what happened.