EOSCommunity.org Forums

Naming the Representatives at Each Level

I like this, simple and self explanatory and flexible for smaller groups too.

1 Like

Best naming yet as I see it, at least until final top position. I do not favour “Strategeos”, a bit too much of a tongue twister. Something like “Chiefeos” easier I think.

I agree pronouncing it as 4 syllables is a bit awkward. I would suggest it being said exactly like Strategos, just spell it differently. And even that isn’t important. We just need something preferable to Satoshi.

1 Like

A good ranking syestem should:

1. Easy pronunciation.
  2. Easy spelling.
  3. Compitable with other languages.
  4. Better started with EOS.
  5. Simplicity.

So I recommend :
1 - EOSatoshi or EOShi
4 - EOSα
16 - EOSβ
80 - EOSγ
400 – EOSδ
2000 – EOSΩ
10000 – EOSπ

I like this, maybe Eden CEO as No.1 though

I’ve had this tab open for weeks, lol… so I’m just going to drop this in the thread as is. I feel like the top position is like the top servant. So, they should almost have the most humbling name. That’s why I propose, “servant”. That’s their role, they are the servant leader. Something like that anyway. This is just me riffing on ideas. I’ll add others if I have time, but as I said, this tab has been open since the OP. :sweat_smile:

1 - Servant
4 - Councilmembers
16 - Guardians
80 - Coordinators
400 - Gatherers
2000 - Connectors
10000 - Members

2 Likes

I like this scheme. I agree that top spot should be a humble term.

2 Likes

Kicking off of some others here and from Brandon’s last comments, with a nod to noumenon’s nuances, how about:

1 - Ambassador (this would be EdenOnEOS’ representative to the world, right?)
4 - Council
16 - Guard
80 - Board
400 - Ministers
2000 - Representatives (first layer of voted members - IMO, this should be the second level regardless of number of levels)
10000 - members

2 Likes

How about just the Chairman? People can think with that.

How about simply

I’m one of…
they are one of…
we are of…

the ten-thousand
the two thousand
the four hundred
and so forth.

with each name being unique to whichever generation of elections we are in.

So, for "the board, you would say I’m one of 4, or 6 or 8, whatever the board size happens to be based on that particular election.

Or, the group prior to that:

I’m one of sixteen.

No titles. We are solely defined with reference to our class in that particular election.

So finally, to make it clear.

I’m one of 4, EdenOnEOS, - Genesis - Trial 2

I’m one of 640, EdenOnEOS - Genesis - v0.1

1of16 - EdenOnEOS - GEN - v0.1

And so forth.

I know this is probably really out of character for me to suggest defining ourselves in relation to numbers… but numbers are more universal across cultures than other languages. And, it’s less an identification with the particular number than with the nested groups, and the members of which they are comprised, who also share those particular identities.

And for the “top” spot, in order to keep the theme of servant leader intact.

I am one of many.

Indicating the total responsibility of acting as they see fit, but always in the best interest of the group as a whole.

Humor me, what do you think?

Thoughts?

2 Likes

I like this one the best, though Minister or something as 1 instead of Strategeos as it sounds a bit alienating to outsiders.

I would also invert the 1st - 4th elect so 16 would be known as 1st elect, 2000 would be 4th elect as then this pattern can be used for smaller groups.

Hearing “1st elect” would mean they’d be the first people to replace the board or whatever else.

Following on from lovejoy I agree need be named in manner making it easy judge where positioned in the Eden “hierarchy”.

I take liberty repeat Aireck words from June 13) which I deem as best proposal so far and just left find good name/title to use for the “Chair”.

=======
1 -
4 - The Board
16 - 4th Elect
80 - 3rd Elect
400 - 2nd Elect
2000 - 1st Elect
10000 - Members

When you hear “3rd Elect”, you can already think of how high up they are. And if the groups are still small, dropping levels works and still is intuitive.

2 Likes