EOSCommunity.org Forums

Import private keys from Scatter into Anchor

Trying to import EOS account from scatter. Its asking for private keys. So scatter is not providing it?

Need some more information. Are you trying to import an EOS account into the Anchor mobile wallet?

If that’s the case, no, the Anchor mobile wallet has no integrations at all with Scatter in any form. You’d need to import the private keys into Anchor directly.

Hi thanks Aaron. Yes EOS and hopefully the Dapps. I am trying to use Anchor as a replacement for the functionality that Scatter provided.

Using the desktop Anchor. Long time since I dealt with private keys of my EOS account and am terrified of messing with them ;).
Dose Scatter allow them to be copied.

I think it does, though I’m not incredibly well versed in the UI setup Scatter uses. I think somewhere within the account management there should be an “Export Private Key” which lets you export the key for each account, which you’ll be able to import into Anchor. The key will still exist in Scatter as well, since exporting it doesn’t remove it from Scatter.

The private keys basically just act as passwords to access an account, so you can use the same key in multiple wallets if you’d like (or just during the transition from one wallet to another).

We have been working on making this easier by making Scatter backups compatible with Anchor - but it’s still a highly experimental feature and doesn’t work for a lot of people (especially those who have used Scatter for years). Hopefully the process will get easier from here!

Congratulations by the way, I used your first wallet since after the magnet launch and yes have been with every iteration of Scatter. Love them but I will feel better when I have you guys as well.
I will look forward to a screenshot guide to getting the private keys over to anchor.
Syed appears to be a fan of your wallet, that says a lot!

1 Like