EOSCommunity.org Forums

Building a BP scoreboard

Hey guys :wave:

As we all know, the current BP rankings on EOS are far from representing how efficient and dedicated to the network BPs really are. Many BPs in the Top21 ignore completely the project and are there only to make money on the EOS inflation while there are numerous BPs bringing a lot of value to EOS and donā€™t get the ranking and rewards they deserve.

I think that building a scoreboard for the BPs could be a great way :

• to keep the community and the new comers informed of which BPs are worth voting for

• to give great ideas to those who want to build new proxies on EOS, maybe even for the Eden one, if one ever is launched.

This scoreboard could have the form of a simple table with the top 80 BPs (for example) in rows and variables like Social network activity, Infrastructure quality (with the help of the EOS Nationā€™s Producer Scorecard, Proxy, Eden presence, some others (comment if you have ideas), and finally a subjective rank (or not) in columns.
Below is a very simple table I made on Excel in June with as an example the Top3 BP at the time. This is purely to show what it could look like, donā€™t pay attention to how I filled the boxes, it might be wrong

The goal is obviously to make it as precise as possible while keeping it simple to read. The reader should in the end understand who heā€™ll be voting for and understand how the rankings were made.

For now Iā€™m building it by going on Bloks.io and checking one by one if the social networks are active, the EOS Nation Scorecard changed, ā€¦ Nothing is automated and itā€™s a bit time consuming, so if I would manage this myself, I would update this scoreboard something like every 2 weeks / once a month.

The goal of this post is mainly to get your thoughts on the scoreboard, if you would find it helpful and if so how to make it as good as possible. But also to see if some of you would want to manage this scoreboard with me. Feel free to join the dedicated tg group if you want to help.

Thanks for reading, take care :fist_right: :fist_left:
Vince

15 Likes

I like this initiative very very much. Thank you for stepping up. In my opinion exactly something like this is missing for the public to see. I would really love to see this linked on the eoscommunity.org website

If you need help to update the scoreboard, tell me what to do and I can help to check the BPā€™s all 1-2 weeks and update it

If we can list as well all the plus efforts each BP has done in the past, is doing now and the intent to do in the future for EOS, would advance the scoreboard

5 Likes

Thanks Dario for proposing your help, I keep this in mind :slight_smile:
Yes indeed, I also think showing the BPs efforts could be great ! After I get some feedback Iā€™ll start building a fresh version of the scoreboard and will send it to the community before uploading it officially.

2 Likes

Hey Vince,
I will in all cases add a link to this BP scorecard in the MindMap (when the location will be known). And I will suggest an hyperlink on the bp name pointing to bp.validator of EOSN. Let organize a zoom call one of those days with other people involved in this.

Great tool for the community! Go EOS!

4 Likes

Nice Patrick thx ! A call would be nice indeed :slight_smile:

Definitely a much needed tool for eos.

3 Likes

This is indeed a good idea, EOS provids BP need rewards and punishment mechanism

3 Likes

good idea, right now punishment is must for eos bp.

2 Likes

Absolutely support! Any spread need please contact me.

2 Likes

Check out EOSRate.io. On chain rating system for BPs

4 Likes

EOSRate.io, What an amazing work!
Open-source dApp, Rating BPs on EOS blockchain, Has completed more than one year, Dynamic graphics, Introduction video!
But itā€™s absecent spread, little people know this, and maybe itā€™s better add some new function.

So I have some suggestions for reference:

1.Add some new functions
----1.1 Everyone can comment each BP, just like amazon commodity. So there are more information to support to more effective rating, then more EOS holders will join in rating.
----1.2 Work with EOS Nationā€™s Producer Scorecard , and Alohaeos Block Producer Reliability Tracker, consolidate some useful functions. And that would be great if any EOS fans could facilitate this cooperation.
----1.3 Optimize the rating display style, to make it more clear at a glance and more convenient to use

2.Spread to more EOS voters
----2.1 Work with eosauthority.com and Bloks.io, and other platforms, embed this rating into the voting and proxies, to better play the role of the BP rating
----2.2 Embed this BP rating in to official website: https://eoscommunity.org/

Your team has done such a great job, the suggestions if help, are all for fully releasing the power of BP rating. And EosEden will try the best to spread it!

3 Likes

Hey Vince! This is really great so thank you for taking the time to put up this post and engage the community!

I am hoping to help launch an ā€œEden Members Proxyā€ and with that would be looking to aggregate metrics from various sources to feed the decision matrix that selects the BPs to be voted for. So with that I would also be willing to help you build and maintain this list as one of the inputs. Additionally I am looking to use the eosrate.io list but will see about focusing it on responses by Eden members only.

Regardless please add me to your list of folks who are willing to help. Ideally there will be a few of us that can form a working group to spread the work, but also deliver a comprehensive list and review of BPs.

Thanks again Vince,
Chris

3 Likes

Thanks Chris for your comment, I would love to make a working group and get the help from the community. I will add you and other folks that want to help to a telegram group this will be a good start. I tested eosrate.io and itā€™s just awesome, it will for sure help a lot !

2 Likes

Thatā€™s just awesome job I love it, the BP scoreboard looks now like the missing piece of the puzzle to make BP voting great again :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for the great feedback! Our team has added the above as project cards on EOSRateā€˜a GitHub.

Links below

Here are the cards:

1. Comment a BP (Comment a BP Ā· Issue #638 Ā· eoscostarica/eos-rate Ā· GitHub)
  2. Scorecard and Reliability Tracker (Scorecard and Reliability Tracker Ā· Issue #639 Ā· eoscostarica/eos-rate Ā· GitHub)
  3. Rating display style (Rating display style Ā· Issue #640 Ā· eoscostarica/eos-rate Ā· GitHub)
  4. Embed rating (Embed rating Ā· Issue #641 Ā· eoscostarica/eos-rate Ā· GitHub)
1 Like

Thank you and your team!
This is a very very important project to optimize EOS BP, towards the direction more conducive to long-term ecological development!
We will try our best to promote this to more EOS holders and give you any support that we can do!
Keep focus on and work together, Go EOS!

1 Like

Thanks to @ChrisBarnes the team at EOS Costa Rica updated the EOS Rate smart contracts to store eden memberā€™s block producer ratings in a different table scope. This is a fully on-chain mechanism to obtain the top rated block producers which can then be used as selection criteria for a proxy.

We hope this new feature is useful for the EOS community. We welcome any new feature requests and bug reports to continue to build and improve these open-source tools for the EOS community.

Check it out and let us know what you think.

2 Likes

If you donā€™t know already, the team at alohaeos have some great benchmarking tools also. https://www.alohaeos.com/ . I know in the past they have been happy to share their data.