EOSCommunity.org Forums

Want to join the Eden Genesis Community? Introduce Yourself to the Community HERE!

Thank you for being a part of the Hu-Fi movement. Certainly we need more hands on deck to empower those that are making EOS a central part of their daily lives.

I support this proposal.

2 Likes
1 Like
2 Likes

Thank you for being a part of the Hu-Fi movement. Certainly we need more hands on deck to empower those that are making EOS a central part of their daily lives. I support this proposal.

1 Like

Thanks for your support :grinning::+1:

1 Like

Great purposal Mel, this is exactly what needs to be done to grow EOS, its the perfect smart currency.
All the ingredients to make this work are already in place (best tech and best community)

Gook luck
Rob

Thanks Rob fingers crossed :crossed_fingers:

Thanks for the support, I will be there as soon and when the funding is available

Max made his first alternative “viral currency” community in 2007. He has 15+ years in art, design and typography, with an emphasis on community-engagement with crypto tokens.

Utilizing social engagement in the arts and design, Max has created opportunities and activities for various communities to participate, grow, intersect with technology and connect.

Max leverages EOSIO and crypto-tokens to support to support and engage communities. We works currently with CSX a block producer candidate on many EOSIO chains.

When not designing software for future users-- he also produces art and design in his studios in Chico, CA.

In the KROWN DAC community, Max strives to be a valuable Custodian to bring integral components to get mass adoption of the engagement token. KROWN DAC was the first EOS Mainnet DAC using tools from EOSDAC. KROWN DAC has onboarded 1000s of users into EOSIO through demonstrations of wallets, EOSIO fundamentals and gifting tokens.

In the MetaDAC community, Max supports the educational aspects and adoption of DACs/DAOs with the regular event-- DACathon.com

In the Alienworlds Community (alienworlds.io), Max supports the future of governance through the intersection of DAOs/DACs plus gaming by offering contests and rewards for regular community engagement with KinderMiners and by giving out “FREE NFTS” www.wet.rip at IRL conferences.

8 Likes

Did you get an invite yet? I’d be happy to invite you after the help you gave me on Telegram a while back (@SpencerHanson).

Thanks @lovejoy , @brandonfancher , and @NorseGaud for working to get me onboarded. Success!

And Gooo EdenOnEOS!

1 Like

Hi, I’m D. Cortes, from sunny Puerto Rico. I am an electrical engineer, with 25 years of experience in Corporate America in Operational Excellence.

Tell us how you found out about Eden?

• I been following the EOS community since 2018 and have a genesis account. Been fascinated with blockchain governance and found Dan’s book More Equal Animals and the EdenOS play-offs election model. Given my personal values affinity with EdenOS, Immediately I started developing content in EdenOS English and Spanish to introduce the concept to the community.

What about the community’s vision/values/ideas attracted you?

• The idea of community independence, developing a peace treaty to help us build together. I have been involved in community, and nonprofit organization governance for more than 20 years, and the EdenOS model seems to be a deep approach to fulfilling the full potential of many efforts.

Why do you want to become a member?

• I want to build. In EdenOS 1+1=3. Too much time has been lost, discussing things and entities we cannot control. Let us act, do and build a better future.

In what way do you see yourself contributing to the community?

• I have been active in the Spanish community helping build and organize. In addition, I’m developing projects like EOS butler, to develop content in different languages to share the values and ideals of self-governing and independent communities.

If you were to become an elected Eden Genesis representative with a budget, how would you spend that budget?

• I have specific projects That I support:
    • DAC LATAM – Winner of the EOS DACathon Gaming 2021. Decentralized Latino community, focused on developing blockchain skills sets for its users, as a way of levering the web3.0 ecosystem (UI developers, marketing, Art, NFT)
    • EOS Bodegón/Finca EOS#1 in Venezuela: Support basic capital equipment needed to leverage the first Farming supply chain that uses EOS as a currency, from seed to users.
    • VIGOR DAC: Vigor DAC is the World’s First completely free and decentralized multi-collateral insured utility token protocol. Support UI development of tools for the Vigor DAC platform and its users.

Thanks,

Dave Cortes, PE

6 Likes

My name is Lennie Niit (@mlninparadise), one who follow discussions closely but comments mainly when I deem it warranted or productive.

This introduction was to be posted with a request for invite but I am grateful to have received an offer of such invite already. I decided post an introduction anyway since although I been around from before EOS genesis I am pretty much an unknown entity to most.

I became an early adopter of internet in the late eighties (Cable & Wireless, Satellite, CompuServe, 9.6kbps dial-up. 4 figure phone bills etc). Pretty much a necessity back then to be able run business and what else being based in tiny island out in S.W. Pacific. Since then computers and internet are indispenisble daily work tools to do what I do.

If seek more on my background can find some on https://www.linkedin.com/in/lennieniit/ and if wish get a feeling how/what I am about can check out video from breakout group #7 in first mock election. As for working with tech and code I have a reasonable grasp but mainly theoretical such. In no way, shape or form am I a coder or hardware person.

My one “strength” most relevant to Eden might be my impartiality and that I am not aligned with any particular group or project in Blockchain space except as a user, although at times been voted into DAC leadership. Other strengths which might be handy are community building, good comprehension and understanding of legal texts and governance, the latter a passion of mine.

I am a stickler in trying to ensure Constitutions and rules are followed and enforced. During my years I have experienced many leaderships and even memberships taking a very casual approach to rules in place. The result at times bad actor(s) trying to steer things wrong, something I have witnessed and fought against in a number of organizations.

Early 2017 I began focus on crypto and various blockchain related projects, EOSIO in particular came on my radar as a very interesting one with great potential. My interest in EOS related matters and projects early turned into a passion of mine, not so much the token economics but rather for what the EOS could become and do for the wider global community.

Tell us how you found out about eden?

• EOS Telegram channel, when Dan Larimer in March engaged with EOS community talking about what we now know as Eden.

What is it about the community’s vision/values/ideas attracted you?

• Mainly the aim for more representative leadership through simple but very ingenious political play off process.

Why do you want to become a member?

• To be close to the action, be able follow discussions and efforts closely plus my aim take part in additional mock elections and elections proper when the time comes.

In what way do you see yourself contributing to the community?

• Basically through participation, practicing leadership and governance rooted in many years of experience in business, banking, sports and a range of non-profit associations.

If you were to become an elected Eden Genesis representative with a budget, how would you spend that budget?

• I am acquainted with a number of well deserving projects and ideas although I would not at this stage indicate any fund recipient. If I were made in charge of some level of budget I would for sure have received input also from my fellow participants in the election. This together with input from the community and further research would be part of the evaluation how allocate funds. Final choice(s) would be determined through discussions and decision together with fellow members who saw me suitable and fit to be elected to such position.
5 Likes

Hi there!

Long time lurker, first time poster :smiley:

I’ve held EOS since launch and am a big believer in the tech and potential of the project. I was sold on EOS after listening to a 2 hour Dan Larimer interview while stuck in traffic in 2018 and I thought he was clearly one of the sharpest and most interesting minds operating in the cryptosphere. I’ve been keeping an eye on the ups and downs of the project ever since.

Recently I have listened several times to the brilliant audiobook of Dan’s ‘More Equal Animals’. Previously I would have thought reading a book about governance systems to be the most boring thing imaginable, but I was so wrong - it is one of the most captivating books I’ve ever read and I’m becoming more and more convinced in it’s real world potential. (https://youtu.be/xepUoQbOzr4 - thanks for the upload Earthman!)

Dan is a very deep thinker and a true innovator who is miles ahead of the curve, and this is the first time I’ve come across a plan to radically overhaul our current governance systems that actually sounds like it could work! I’m thrilled at how his return after writing the book seems to have energised the community and given it focus, resulting in Eden, which to me is by far the most interesting and exciting thing happening in crypto/blockchain right now.

In the short term I’m fascinated by how the ideas of the book are already being tested and fine tuned on EOS (I’ve watched hours of the mock election videos and I’m rapidly becoming sold on the political playoff system.)

In the longer term it could literally change the world.

Great work everybody on helping the sleeping EOS giant awake from its slumber. I’m more interested in the project than ever and I think there’s probably a lot of people like me out there - those who don’t post on forums or social media but who are actively cheering you all on. Here’s to a bright future ahead!

Cheers and thanks for all your hard work.

3 Likes

有没有谁愿意做我的见证人,加入伊甸园,希望能有人伸出援手

1 Like

Hey, I am Thiago, Co-founder and CEO of EOS Rio, a founding Block Producer on the EOS Main net. We are deeply involved with the ecosystem operating in multiple chains and are developers of open-source tools such as SIMPLEOS Wallet and Hyperion History API.

I found out about Eden from the community, but was first attracted by Blockchain and the new models of governance when I learned about the constitution on EOSIO and later on during the governance discussions following the first EOS Community Conference in Seoul. We were in the very first iterations and had no real world experience to discuss about ECAF and how “the governed Blockchain” should work. Right there I had contact with the opt-in model for governance and was convinced that any governance should start from this assumption.

I have been studying different governance models, with special focus on approaches that can avoid adverse selection and corruption, and firmly believe that the Eden model is very promising in solving key issues in governance. Random selection was my favorite method for electing representatives, but adding the playoff structure on randomly selected groups adds a much needed filter on randomness in my opinion. It would be an awesome opportunity to experience the process and be able to contribute to its development with enthusiasm, knowledge of EOS community, blockchain business background and interest in philosophy and social sciences.

As part of a development team I believe EOSIO is among the very best blockchain technologies, but this is not enough as we need developers creating applications that have real world use. My primary focus would be in fostering developer adoption trough education, hackathons, grants and community work. Despite being aware of a few initiatives, part of my approach would be to open a call for proposals aiming at these goals.

Congrats to the community that is making Eden happen! Thank you!

6 Likes

Lets go Thiago!!! I support you.

Hello! I’m Duane Phillippi. I’ve been in the blockchain space since 2011. I started CSX Corp in 2014, which was the first blockchain company incorporated in Wyoming. CSX is an EOSio BP, and was part of the EOS launch in June 2018.
In May of 2019, myself along with 10 others, launched KROWN DAC, the first DAC on EOS after EOSDAC.
Since then we have engaged communities and have learned what works & what doesn’t for community engagement and consensus & governance.

KROWN has hosted dacathons, with the first dacathon birthing MetaDAC, a DAC with members from the first DACATHON, with a mission to promote DACs through community engagement, technology, tools and strategic design.

• Tell us how you found out about eden?
      I was excited to hear Dan engage the community through TG, and followed his live calls.

• What is it about the community’s vision/values/ideas attracted you?
      I am passionate about governance, and see eden as the spark to re-unite the EOSio community.

• Why do you want to become a member?
      I feel I can contribute to the community, and am excited to use the platform for communities outside the blockchain space.

• In what way do you see yourself contributing to the community?
      I will be able to contribute my passion and time to eden.
4 Likes

Hello Everyone,

My name is Shivam Verma a.k.a. Tanish within EOSIO. I have been pretty active in EOS community from 2017. I was among the very few members who started playing with initial testnet and was invited as an arbitrator on ECAF. Around the same time I started INEOS (for attracting Indian Community) and represented voice of BPs like EOS Metal and Attic Lab.

Last year we (along with Jorge - EOSMetal) started Ledgerwise (Active 21 Block Producer on WAX, Proton and UX, standby on FIO) and working on dApps like Certifyd and Koila on WAX.

dev.koila.io/explore will also be migrated to EOS once launched on WAX. And once we have traction we wish to adopt EDEN like governance on Koila.

• Tell us how you found out about Eden?

I have a lot of gratitude for Daniel as his innovation provided us with an opportunity to run Business like Ledgerwise and Koila. I follow most of tweets and Telegram chats and have been learning doing this from last three years.

• What is it about the community’s vision/values/ideas attracted you?

I have been part of BPs team and then running a BP entity myself. Had the experience of bad governance first hand which impacted EOS Metal to shut down the operations.

I like radical transparency and community coming together to push leaders to make EOS Better.

• Why do you want to become a member?

Collaborating with community to solve issue which I felt as BP and Dapp developer on EOSIO chains.

• In what way do you see yourself contributing to the community?

This community will die without any initiative to help building entrepreneurs. I wish to help in those directions.

• If you were to become an elected Eden Genesis representative with a budget, how would you spend that budget?

Making an supportive environment for DApps on EOS.

3 Likes

Hello, I’m Erik aka Erekle @recentchats on telegram and @recentpaintings on Twitter. I found out about Eden while following EOS and Bullish channels on telegram coming initially from Voice. I’m excited to see the new governance platform take shape under Dan’s leadership.

What is it about the community’s vision/values/ideas attracted you? The vision for a decentralized governance approach to the currency EOS seems like a very powerful and aligned way to move the ecosystem forward and creates a lot of interesting opportunities for the community. The ideas in Dan’s book seem very powerful and this is a an amazing opportunity to test those and refine them and let them be pushed into the wild so to speak.

Why do you want to become a member? Having taken part in the first mock elections I was impressed by how simple and straightforward coming to consensus was with the other three people and there was a true humility and desire for the process to be successful and it was a pleasure to be a part of and I’d love to see it happen on a larger scale with more at stake.

In what way do you see yourself contributing to the community? At minimum an honest and authentic voice that will do my best to vote for the best person at that moment in time. And at the most potentially being part of a project that’s geared towards SMEs that would empower the poor that are working in businesses using cryptocurrency and some of the governance ideas that are being tested here.

If you were to become an elected Eden Genesis representative with a budget, how would you spend that budget? I run an SME chain that’s based on values (excellence, integrity and love) we also happen to be the best pizza in the Republic of Georgia. I would look to join a project that was focused on business perhaps an ERP system that was designed to tender EOS as a currency or somehow look at payroll for employees and suppliers that would be really interesting to try and actually use EOS in a local context so something closely related to ERP and EOS as a currency if there is anything like that that already exists I would be very interested in joining that.

Feel free to ask me any other questions.

1 Like