EOSCommunity.org Forums

Want to join the Eden Genesis Community? Introduce Yourself to the Community HERE!

Whats your telegram account, so I can get in contact?

Do you have a telegram account to get in contact?

Hi Domenic,
I did not receive an invite to join Genesis yet! Can you please send me one?
My Telegram is @medone10
Thanks
Med

My Telegram is @medone10

I wrote you in telegram

Hello Tanishv. What is your telegram handle?

Hey folks, I’m Vincent Davoine (TG ; Vince EOS FR). I’m a simple 24 years old dude who found out about EOS 9 months ago and progressively loved the project. I and a few french guys are motivated to bring back the french speaking EOS community together. We are currently running a tg group (50 ppl atm), a Twitter account and soon a YT and Medium channel where we will soon be posting content in French about EOS.

• I found out about Eden after reading Dan’s book and seeing that he came back to help the community and build on EOS.
  • What attracted me about Eden is 1. this is exactly what EOS needs right now, EOS clearly suffers from the lack of clear governance. 2. this fully new governance model has the potential to change the way people live in society and make the world a better place for everybody and I want to promote it and see it succeed.
  • I want to become a member for the reasons cited above but also to be sure that my voice is heard and that EOS goes the right way.
  • I also wanna be one of the reprensentatives of the french speaking community among the Eden community.
  • If I was to become an elected Eden Genesis representative with a budget, I don’t exactly know what I would do right now but I would make sure to spend it to improve EOS user experience and visibility (with tutorials in french, marketing, … for example)

Cheers,
Vincent

4 Likes

Hello Eden on EOS community!

My name Elias Asfaw-Kirby (aka “eli” on this forum, “eliasak” on tg, and “eosvoters” on twitter).

I’ve got a familiar dive into the EOS rabbit hole, started with Bitcoin and Ripple, then found steemit. Steemit showed me the potential of what crypto can be (other than a currency/money). Steemit also introduced me to Dan Larimer and his thoughts about “freedom” and I also happened to have read most of the books on his reading list. The next step was naturally following Dan to EOS.

The start of EOS was intense (both from supporters and haters). EOS made some well-documented missteps initially, in addition to shooting itself in the foot a few times (with the benefit of hindsight):

• I created the http://eosvoters.com website back in 2018 to:
    • help simplify the pros and cons of an on-chain arbitration forum
      • Because I saw that EOSGov was cycling through the same arguments without any progress
    • document in simple terms the pros and cons of vote buying
    • I later added tools to the site to track block-producers (historical votes and their news releases)
  • I created in 2020 (the now defunct) http://www.voicereader.io/ , which was a power-user interface to the original voice.com app.

Why Eden some might ask, one answer to that is: why not Eden as a governance layer? People have tried many governance setups, and Eden is another one that seems worthy to experiment with (at the least, and possibly revolutionary). Dan is a pretty smart guy that has studied history.

I believe Dan’s concepts in Eden (non-violent governance) and EOS are (still) years ahead, and the concepts (still) need to be explained in digestible bite size chunks. I want Eden to be the connection to the non-crypto crowd, so I would contribute to:

• Simplifying the concepts and helping internally break down unnecessary complexity or barriers
  • Education materials and outreach
  • Marketing campaigns

If I became an elected rep with a budget, I would look for projects that would help “expand out”.

5 Likes

Hi Guys,
My name is Quinn, I’m a community member of the UpliftWorld and an advisor for Bitcoin Babes. I feel I can bring a unique perspective to Eden as a universalist and advocate for freedom and equality. I have made it my life’s mission to find the universal truths of humanity

• Tell us how you found out about eden?
    I’ve watched a few of your videos and was recommended by Jimmy D from UPLIFT ART
  • What is it about the community’s vision/values/ideas attracted you?
    My biggest attraction is to the governance model, that it’s not the loudest voice but the voice that understands everyone best.
  • Why do you want to become a member?
    I truly believe in EOSUSA and the work you are doing.
  • In what way do you see yourself contributing to the community?
    Perspective and problem solving are my best attributes and something every project can use. Also I understand blockchain and can convey technology in layman terms well.
  • If you were to become an elected Eden Genesis representative with a budget, how would you spend that budget?
    Not sure, it would be as a means of supporting initiatives and I would be fluid towards whatever was most effective.
  • Please provide your Telegram username so that Eden members can contact you to learn more.
    @Kauaiq
2 Likes

Hello Eli,
I believe I was with you on the recent(last Monday) zoom gathering. It’s a pleasure to meet you.
:wave:

1 Like

Hi,
I am 24 years old, live in Germany and have been active in the crypto space for about 3.5 years now.
It was back in 2017 when I started to get into the topic of cryptocurrency for the first time and it didn’t take long for me to become exited about the topic in general. Soon after that I started to visit meetups in the city’s of Hamburg and Berlin. By doing so I very soon after found out about dpos and EOS.
As I dug deeper I found a video of Brandon Blumer introducing the concept EOS to the public at the fintech week 2017 in London and ever since the ICO of block.one I am following the development of the EOS ecosystem.
Finding out about the Eden and Clarion project was a quick process for me as I am in many “related” Telegram groups.

1. How?
    I personally like Dan Larimers work, so there was no way around getting in touch with his new projects. :slight_smile:

2. What?
    I would like to become a member because I am excited about the progress it may bring to the EOS ecosystem through not only governance but also the topic of value direction towards community goals.

3. Why?
    In short I would love to have the possibility to take part in the coming journey and projects mentioned.

4. Contribution.
    The answer to that may seem a bit clouded. I have worked for plenty of ICO´s as community manager back in 2017/18 and have always enjoyed my work in this area. I did some translation work for the blockproducer telosgermany.io after that and been involved in weekly online meetups of the german speaking community via dach-eos.io. Nowadays I am studying “electrical engineering” in English language to become more professional in regards to becoming a coder.
    So far I would like to keep my position agile and I would like to contribute some of my free time towards taking part in community discourses.

5. Representation & budgeting.
    For now I would like to keep that part out, but I am sure that over time I may come up with something progressive and might even want to be elected. But for now being able to take part as a member is my personal goal.

6. Telegram:
    You are able to contact me via @rubixloop

Thanks for your attention.

4 Likes

I’ve been involved with EOS since the token sale. I did a couple of talks about EOS and Blockchain Gaming back in the day. The project didn’t take off but it has lead to some great learning and another direction. You can see the talks here: EOS / SFEOS Meetup Discussion for Grand Rapids Blockchain — Hive and Building an MMO Game on the EOS Blockchain - YouTube

The current system of governance is broken. The Republic and now Democracy is a failure because of the two-party system and how we incentivize politicians. Throughout history, there have been a few movements that have led to more freedom. I believe this could be one of those as well.

Because I think I can learn a lot and perhaps use this form of governance in other contexts as well as this one… And I don’t want the chains to lay gently on my shoulders :wink:

I want to be a part of voting for those that would represent our community in holding the reigns of funding. I am involved in other projects (https://the7thsealgame.com currently) so will not be spending a ton of time on things unless an idea of mine received funding where I could spend a majority of time working on it or directing others to work on it.

It would depend on the level of funding I was elected to manage. One idea I’d like to see implemented is a 4ish day US conference around all EOSio chains. Representatives of all chains would be invited. Developers, chain users, and tool providers from all the communities would be invited to give talks and do workshops.

I attend a coding conference yearly called Codemash in Sandusky, Ohio and I would think basing it on my experience with that would be awesome in building the community and thus the value of all things EOSio.

chadrickm is my Telegram account but it is easier to contact me on Twitter at the same handle.

Looking forward to being part of the community,
Chadrick Mahaffey

2 Likes
    I’ve been an EOS fan from ICO.
    I have being an NFT illustration original creator on EOS. This is my listings page: AtomicHub - Interface for the EOSIO AtomicAssets NFT standard
    I think Dan is a really genius, full of dream, powerful action, not affect by villainous capital. I like his book, love the revolutionary innovative dream of Eden.

I love the revolutionary innovative dream of Eden, for more equal animal, for 1+1>2.

Eden make me feel energetic, can do many things that I can’t before.

Spread the value of EOS, and NFT on EOS

• If you were to become an elected Eden Genesis representative with a budget, how would you spend that budget?
    Surpport to spread the value of EOS, and NFT on EOS

• Please provide your Telegram username so that Eden members can contact you to learn more.
    TG:shufanfree. And @ novacryptoltd will invite me, thanks for all of you! Thanks Eden!

5 Likes

Hi EDEN community,

About me:
I found BitShares in 2017 and have been following Dan since. EOS holder since launch. I have a digital marketing background and feel aligned with blockchain’s values of transparency and independence. I wrote this proposal when this forum started:

Tell us how you found out about eden?
I was in telegram when Dan was brainstorming the idea.

What is it about the community’s vision/values/ideas attracted you?
I read More Equal Animals and became interested in the playoff style election process. I’m a supporter of randomization to battle indecision. I like how funds are allocated down the ladder to different level of leaders.

Why do you want to become a member?
I want to contribute to growing EOS because that’s where my skin in the game is. I want to participate in the Eden election process.

In what way do you see yourself contributing to the community?
I’d like to bring my digital marketing skills to increase awareness of and provide education for EOS.

If you were to become an elected Eden Genesis representative with a budget, how would you spend that budget?
Producing content and as funds to buy ads on FB and Google

Please provide your Telegram username so that Eden members can contact you to learn more
Telegram: @jessethan

1 Like

Hi,
My name is David and I’m a EOS token holder since the ICO.
I’m a developer that spends his days between Ireland and Spain.

I follow @bytemaster7 since the Bitshares time and got exited about Eden as soon he announced it after re-joining the community

It is two folded, on EOS, we need tools to fix its current non-technical problems and to influence its technical future.

On the Real word, have a democratic system that helps that any voice can be heard and that the narrative is not controlled by the ones already in power

I want to experiment first hand how that process works out and give my little contribution to the future of EOS

Donating time in developing, discussing, thinking and spreading the word about EOS

I would set up a few small bounties for come up with ideas about, IMHO are the biggest EOS problems

• Onboarding.
    • Lack of funding.
    • Mis-alignment between some BPs and the progress of the EOS ecosystem.
    • Set up a “point of contact” of any EOS PR matters
    My telegram handle is @davideos

2 Likes

Hi everybody!
My name is Nick, and I am inspired by the idea of the community Eden is striving toward. I came across some of the literature early this year while researching investments, but had not looked deeper until recently. After finding and listening to the More Equal Animals book read aloud on YouTube during my commutes, I am confident in my desire to participate, and wish to contribute where I can, to help achieve the goals laid out for the community.
The premise and solutions described in the book articulated many of the conclusions I have drawn over my years of watching communities grow and extinguish. I do regret not actively engaging as much as I could have, and wish to grow past my apprehensions with interacting.
I have a broad skill set and am casually experienced in many things, but most of my professional career has been spent managing and coordinating document productions for civil and criminal litigation. To that extent, if i were to receive a budget, part of that could be used for compiling & maintaining an open, exhaustive index of global case law with which we can use to reference past outcomes and identify injustice in existing systems for a more constructive way forward without repeating past mistakes.
On telegram, my username is @twoply
Hit me up if I am welcome here, or feel free to ask anything else that the community would like know about me.

Tell us how you found out about Eden?
EOS genesis member. Discovered STEEM/Steemit as I was researching alternative blockchain use cases for my CompSci thesis. The DPoS consensus algorithm piqued my interest and I went down that rabbit hole. Currently reading Dan Larimer’s new book. I closely follow happenings on Reddit, Twitter, and Telegram.

What is it about the community’s vision/values/ideas that attracted you?
Since the early Bitcoin days, my primary focus on blockchain technology has been how it relates to “Democracy 2.0” and solving corruption through increased transparency.
I find that the most intelligent people aren’t preoccupied with gambling their life savings, but would rather deal with how the tech might be used to solve problems, so naturally, I am drawn to this crowd of freethinkers.

Because I want the world to change in my lifetime. I do not and have never been able to fit into the current paradigm of politics. I despise tribalism and long for a different format. The current system of party politics reinforces our cognitive biases and creates segregation. Democracy 2.0 here we come.

I have assisted a couple of dApp projects with ideas and front-end work. As I progress through the courses on training.eos.io I will likely also get further involved with dApp dev. Currently getting involved with the backend IT security of a small country and their financial systems, so I might be able to transfer knowledge between these domains and see what we can do to enhance tax systems.

If you were to become an elected Eden Genesis representative with a budget, how would you spend that budget?
Having researched dApps in the space for numerous years, I have seen projects come and go. I am currently more in tune with navigating the ecosystem than newcomers and I believe I can distinguish better between fool’s gold and dApps with proper teams and realistic roadmaps. I have no intention of making it easy to get funding, let me put it that way. I want teams to prove themselves.

Whilst I already have certain projects in mind, no one is getting a penny until they establish a proper roadmap, transparency, etc. I intend to make my own little framework for judging dApps, this might as well be a collaborative project?

Bonus info
You may recognize me from such shenanigans as Bitcoin Bollywood and PokÉOS - If dApps were Pokémon.

1 Like

Tell us how you found out about Eden?

I discovered EOS in 2018 and I liked the fundamentals behind it and how it was more superior than other blockchains. Then, I found out about Eden on EOS from following Dan Larimer on Twitter and on Telegram groups when he published his book “More Equal Animals”. It piqued my interest and I bought a physical copy of the book and kept following Eden progress closely on Eden telegram group and watched some videos of the first mock trial election.

What is it about the community’s vision/values/ideas that attracted you?

Well, Dan’s vision on human nature and democracy in his book match a lot of my ideals and beliefs. So far, democratic processes in the western world are really flawed and we can see their consequences in the society nowadays. His new proposed Eden system eliminates rigged voting or any manipulations. it empowers the individuals equally and gives everyone an opportunity to give an impact. A community from by and for the people.

Because I want the world to change in my lifetime. I do not and have never been able to fit into the current paradigm of politics. I despise tribalism and long for a different format. The current system of party politics reinforces our cognitive biases and creates segregation. Democracy 2.0 here we come.

I believe in Dan’s point of view. I would love to see the world go in the right direction. No more manipulation, no more segregation. In all aspects. I am also looking forward to see Eden succeed on EOS and then this be the starting point to greater and more noble cause

I am a petroleum engineer by career. However, my passion is with cryptocurrencies and especially EOS. I am part of EOS Arabia block producer team. I want to spread the word about EOS in the Arab community and see it gain more popularity like Bitcoin and Ethereum and other top cap coins.

I would love to translate More Equal Animals book to Arabic and print it and publish it for the Arab community. Hosting various EOS Hackathons, EOS Seminars etc.

TG: Puppeteer321
1 Like

*** Tell us how you found out about eden?**

I am an early adaptor for EOS, I participated in the ICO and did not sell till now, I am following EOS community since 2018 and course Dani and his latest book which I am almost to translate it into Arabic

I am willing to be a member to promote Eden to Arab speaking around the world, I am representing also EOS Arabia group, and excited to support spreading EOS in Arabic

*** In what way do you see yourself contributing to the community?**
I am active in Aracbic crypto groups, and working in crypto startups and also intersrted in raising awareness in Arabic about eos, I translated the governance model and Dani Book and looking to moving forwards

*** If you were to become an elected Eden Genesis representative with a budget, how would you spend that budget?**

Building Arabic portal for resources and onboarding more accounts as well as training in Arabic as well as raising awareness.

** Please provide your Telegram username so that Eden members can contact you to learn more.**

fadyamr

1 Like

Hi
My name is Joseph Lafaele and I would like to be part of EDEN, I am a genesis account holder and for the most part have been active in the EOS reddit page (Sly-Raccoon) and more recently EOS related twitter pages (@RaccoonRalph7).

Telegram: Polaris Raccoon

I have been following EOS since its ICO in 2017, and have been following Daniel Larimer’s works since 2019. I have yet to read the entirety of his new book “More Equal Animals” but plan on in due time.

I am a logistics officer for a government subsidized organization in Australia, and have very little technical expertise and do not have any experience in programming.
What I do possess is the ability to utilize the tools provided, the “average Joe” type who can objectively assess tools and or software based on its user interface. I believe this positions my opinion to be helpful for developers as I can somewhat empathize with those who find EOS difficult to use, although I believe that those who hold that opinion consists mostly of tribal crypto traders who are ignorant to EOS.IO technology.

I do not intend on being elected as a representative, however I do hope to participate in the democratic process to help ensure whoever is, can be relied upon to propel EOS in a positive and productive direction.

Hypothetically, If I were elected I would focus the budget on nurturing gaming projects on EOS. As a gaming enthusiast I find that EOS’ tech has not been fully realized. Although projects like Upland and Blankos are making strides in the gaming field, I would like to see more games /metverses with greater gameplay dynamics and an emphasis on play to earn features embedded into EOS main net. Having played and invested into projects like Decentraland on Ethereum, I can confidently say that the issues plaguing Decentraland would be nullified if it were on EOS.

Thank you for your time and consideration,

Raccoon

1 Like