Hello again EOS,
The Chief Delegates from the second trial mock Eden election had our ninth team meeting this week. In our continued efforts of transparency you will find below the notes from this meeting as well as a link to the unedited video capture for your review.
- There is still a need to focus on inducting new Eden Members.
- To support that we’re still holding an open zoom call at 13:00 UTC for those that are looking for an invite or for Eden members who want to invite someone and need a couple witnesses for the video induction.
- We’ve also added a 21:00 UTC open calls for the same purpose.
- Ultimately we’re trying to promote as best we can the membership increase for Eden. We aren’t suggesting a focus towards quantity over quality of course!
- Zoom link is the same for each daily call.
Launch Meeting - Zoom
- More Equal Animal review live sessions are still ongoing. The third instalment will be this Friday at 13:00 UTC. Find the live-stream link in TG before the show or look for it on the Eden YouTube channel page. Unpacking More Equal Animals
Eden on EOS Holacracy Framework:
For reference to our Eden on EOS framework initiative, organizing ourselves more effectively, please see the documents below:
Full holacracy framework document.
Shortened framework document with the specific roles listed for easy view.
The following remains as our Chief Delegate Trial 2 mission statement:
Develop an Eden on EOS organizational structure that is scalable, iterative, transparent, & collaborative with the entire EOS community.
The full unedited video from this meeting can be found here:
Review Progress on our Individual Mandates:
Josh: EOS Support
- Roadmap work is ongoing and is looking quite extensive.
- Intercom is the tool being used and will be integrated with Calendly for scheduling efficiency.
- Also looking to use an option called “collected event” where everyone will post their availability and can auto-coordinate new members to have enough on for an Eden induction video.
- Preparing for the upcoming election.
- Training is taking some time, and things are taking longer than first thought.
- check out EOS Projects in Need of Funding - #26 by rroland1
- At risk of sounding like a broken record, but EOS in a Box isn’t ready yet.
- Ran into roadblock about WebAuthN not being available with the ESR standard by Greymass.
- Spoke to Todd Fleming about using this standard, but will need a work around.
- Some UI work has been done to looks better in that respect.
- Hopefully this week we’ll see the bare minimum to create an account, sign transaction and request key changes.
- Posted video about heading to LA and paying Airack in EOS.
- Still waiting to see how active season 3 on Creator Now is.
- Maybe will hold an election mid-season but waiting on that.
- Is now working on a highlight vid of the 2nd trial election.
- Communicating with Thomas Holgren to add some bits about new
- Eden Member’s Approved Proxies are up.
- There are two proxies, a donation and a rewards proxy. Both will vote for the same BPs.
- Eden members pick these BPs by using the eosrate.io tool.
- The website is edenproxy.org
- Need to reach out to BPs to set up for rewards.
- The Eden members for their votes, will have weighted influence based on their participation and success in the most recent Eden on EOS election. If you participate your weight is worth 2 members. If you past the first round you have a weight of 4, the round after that is 16 (the chief delegates) and the voted winner (not sortition winner) is worth 32.
- For the purpose of this proxy I will be requesting that for the official election on Oct 9 the final round still go through the process of voting for a symbolic winner.
- Josh was a big help with me setting up the website. GenerEOS were also a great help in setting up the proxies.
- The Rewards proxy is edenproxyrew
- The Donation proxy is edenproxydon
- If this is a great success with the EOS community putting their vote stake in the donation proxy, then Chris will use the funds within the ecosystem on initiatives like the EOS Bees, EOS support, and creators like Felix.
- How that would work will change over time, but certainly transparency will be key.