EOSCommunity.org Forums

Tokens not unstaking on Anchor

Hi there,

Wondering if you could help me. I’m trying to unstake my EOS tokens. I unstaked them a week ago and they haven’t moved. Am I missing a step here? Do I need to broadcast this transaction? I haven’t been able to find any answers online.

Thanks in advance for your help,

Best,

Paul

Hey there - happy to help.

The first thing I’d say is go to a block explorer like bloks.io and check if your unstaking transaction from last week actually was submitted to the chain. Just search for your account name and load the page, and check:

• The top, within the balances area, and see if there’s a “Refunding” balance.
  • Lower down the page, the transaction list, to see if your unstaking transaction is there.

If you don’t see it in your transaction and there’s no refunding balance, then it sounds like the transaction was never submitted.

You can try submitting it again in that case either from within your wallet or by using your wallet to login to a site like bloks.io and use their wallet interfaces.

Hi Aaron,

Yes I do see the transaction on Blok.io, see attachment screenshot. But my anchor wallet is still showing them refunding. Any suggested next-steps?

Thanks,
Paul

It looks like they are indeed still refunding, the automatic refund didn’t work as intended at the end of the cycle. You can trigger a manual refund at any point now to convert those to an available balance:

1. Go into the Resources section of Anchor, and expand either the CPU or NET sections with the button in the middle. There should be a “Refund” button in the lower right side of that section you can click to trigger this action.

– or –

1. Log into bloks.io using Anchor and either hover over the “Refunding” section under Resources, and a button will appear for a manual refund, or visit the Refund page within the wallet to trigger the action.

This has been happening more commonly in the recent year or so, requiring the manual action to complete the refund, just due to increased traffic on the network. Let me know if you have any other questions or run into any problems with either of these steps!

1 Like

Hi Arron, I followed your instructions on bloks.io using Anchor. I verified the transaction on the Anchor wallet app on my phone. Then this error comes up. Error

transaction net usage is too high: 104 > 0

I would say maybe wait a bit and try again.

There have been some oddities happening with transactions this evening which might be impacting what you’re trying to do. It’s not your account - but the servers you’re submitting to.

I found this thread and am having a problem unstaking my EOS. I do it manually both in bloks.io and in the anchor wallet and sign the transaction. Then nothing happens. It appears that my EOS are stuck in stacking and I can’t get them out. I have had and used Scatter, meetone and Greymass wallets and never had a problem.

Do you see the transaction in the history of your account on bloks.io or another explorer?

Another thing to look at would be the ‘Refunding’ resources section on bloks.io, to see if it’s int he process of unstaking or not. It can be seen on the account like so:

Thanks Aaron for helping me. I have only a couple thousand EOS which have been staked for several years. I had many more but have been unstaking them for the past few months and selling some to buy TELOS. I am doing my best to unstake these last 2K. I use both bloks.io and my anchor wallet. Normally I do it in bloks. I simply go thru the steps, sign it thru the Anchor wallet and can then see the transaction Id. This happens but when you click on the ID it goes over to the TELOS bloks url. I will post the last transaction ID and where it was transmitted to.
Submitted VIA:
https://cb.anchor.link/fd671cec-6621-4b46-af42-07dff23a7334
Transaction ID:
72fa85da569ba56c8d11106bd1faaef7143d7da86dbc17aad51d606b52181f9e

I am perplexed as to what is happening. The next information comes up: expired and then nothing happens. I have done this quite a few times and also tried just using my Anchor wallet. What am I doing. I have staked and unstaked many times so I think I am doing it correctly.

Try logging out of bloks and then back in with Anchor, see if that resolves the problem. It’s possible the connection between the two somehow broke, and logging in again should attempt to fix it.

Also - what version of Anchor are you using?