EOSCommunity.org Forums

Thoughts in-deep on EOS community governance and development (Draft)

Part I

I am very happy to see BM return to the EOS community and put forward a community governance plan. Originally, I was going to specifically discuss the governance plan proposed by BM. But as I look into this, I feel that the problem is more complicated that I thought. Even if BM sees the problems that I listed, he may not understand why I am thinking on this way. Therefore, I want to sort out EOS and even blockchain community governance from a deeper and more fundamental level. On such a basis, let’s discuss EOS community governance. I believe we will communicate more clearly. This article is mainly an exchange and communication with BM from the perspective of an EOS community user. Certainly, this article can also be regarded as an open letter to BM. You are welcome to criticize and correct any improprieties. Thanks!

1. Community governance needs a fundamental consensus

Whether it is discussing the community governance of the blockchain or the community governance of EOS, it is inseparable from a major premise. That is: “What is the fundamental goal and purpose of our community governance?” The solution to this problem is the fundamental consensus of community governance. If BM and community users fail to reach a consensus on this fundamental point, community governance will be difficult to succeed. At least for now, everyone’s cognition are different. For the vast majority of community users, their goal and purpose is simple, that is, they want to make money. For BM, he thinks farther and deeper in order to create a fairer and better new society. This inconsistency in goals determines that the fundamental consensus of community governance cannot be formed.

EOS users think. BM doesn’t care about currency prices at all, only pursues your dreams. And BM believes that EOS mean dreams, without dreams, the currency price will lose its meaning. On the contrary, as long as you stick to my feelings and dreams, the currency price will definitely rise. Moreover, it is a healthy and sustainable development. But community users do not have this patience. They believe that they came to EOS to make money. After money is made, we are willing to pursue poetry and dreams together with you. But before money is made, dreams are worthless to discuss. Thus, both parties believe that feelings, dreams, making money, and reality can be unified. The problem is: so far both sides have not reached a consensus on this point. If even this most fundamental consensus has not been formed, then go to talk about community governance extravagantly. No matter how good the wishes and planning are, eventually, they will leave unhappy.

Take an example for the current community governance draft proposed by BM. Even if everything goes well, all passed according to BM’s vision. When the community members are elected, they will first choose those representatives who have ideas about raising the price of the coin and desire to make money quickly. In the absence of a systematic strategic layout, most community members are willing to see speculation, pump, and increase the price of the coin. In this way, it is inevitable to rush for quick success and Kill chickens and get eggs. The “community based on the principles of life, freedom, property and justice for all” envisioned by BM is obviously impossible to support this. But as long as the community decision is formed, BM cannot intervene. The EOS community is very likely to continue to develop in an impetuous, short-sighted, simple, and crude direction.

And BM must be extremely disappointed at this time. Are you community builders so short-sighted and disregarded? What’s the difference from those ignorant “mobs”. At this time, BM will once again fall into a dilemma, it is not to leave or keeping push.

This problem is actually why BM has repeatedly broken with the community.

At this stage, whether it is the EOS community or other blockchain communities, it is extremely difficult to balance immediate interests and long-term development. This is why the new blockchain economy has been around for more than 10 years, and so far there is still no successful community in the world.

Cognition is fettered. This is the most fundamental reason for the failure of all blockchain communities, and it is also the fundamental reason why EOS community governance cannot find a fundamental consensus and cannot reach a fundamental consensus.

Once the cognition is liberated, the immediate benefits and long-term development, the earning demands of the EOS community and the feelings and dreams of BM can be perfectly integrated.

It is really not difficult to do this, but the hard part is cognition. When the cognition breaks through, the realization will come naturally. This is what the ancient Chinese thinker Wang Yangming’s “the unity of knowledge and action” talked about.

This article will try to start from the cognition of the new blockchain economy and discover a new path in the EOS community where everyone can reach a perfect consensus.

The difficulty of cognition exists objectively, and I hope you can give yourself more patience and confidence.

(to be continued)

Original Chinese link: EOS社区治理和发展的深度思考(草稿)

8 Likes

make eos great again

2 Likes

If this attempt had been made four years ago, it could have been successful.
When Dan leaves Eos, he could be successful if he could take his stake and reinvest.
Coins of enormous scale are now being released.
To be successful, you need an objective evaluation.
What do people in the coin market rate about eos now?
Investors have broadened their options. ETH ADA DOT …
too many.
If you don’t have a few like before, you can chase again even if you make a mistake.
Currently, it is over once the operation is wrong.
And the timing is really important.
It is currently a bull market. Do you feel the EOS holder?

We can do it

Let’s work together!

All arrangements have their reasons.

EOS belongs to all of us, not B1 or BM.

We are the most important. We can change everything if we all unite in a great consensus.

2 Likes