If you go to eos.io, the only information displayed is about the EOSIO software. The website targets developers and businesses, not average users. At the moment there is not a single link I can show my friends and family about EOS. I have to explain what it is through chat, how to create a wallet, how to link the EOS account to the wallet, etc. This is what’s hindering EOS adoption. It is very difficult to onboard new people. The information out there is scattered and it scares off newbies and eos.io website is not very helpful. If we could have a great website where we can lead interested people to the EOS then it would make life so much easier.
I suggest the community’s most trusted custodians could run the website. Perhaps a DAO can elect administrators to operate it in the future.
The website must:
- Explain EOS in a simple manner preferably through a short video.
- Provide links to the latest version of wallets like Wombat, TokenPocket, Anchor, etc.
- Provide clear instructions how to create an account.
- Provide links to active community forums, telegram group, subreddit, etc.
- Provide instructions and links to buy EOS from exchanges.
- Provide a list of dApps and EOS projects.
Basically, the EOS website would look like an updated handbook for the average user.