EOSCommunity.org Forums

Proposed EdenOS Roadmap

How can interested users sign up to receive an invitation?

3 Likes

Will the initial 1000 members need to spend 10 EOS in order to participate in the first election?

If they will, how will the fee collected be allocated to representatives?

1 Like

Yes, when you join the community you must make initial donation.

3 Likes

Who are your friends in the EOS community? Let them know of your interest. Keep engaging and volunteering in the chats.

One of the ways we protect the community is to make sure everyone as vetted as they join.

3 Likes

Getting 1000+ members participating in an election at the same time is not easy. Weā€™d better have Plan B in case some unexpected problems occur.

So I propose:

1. If 40 <= number of level 1 representatives < 100, still divide those representatives into 10 groups with 4 ~ 10 members each, to make it probable that there are at least 6 candidates for the top level (some level 1 representative groups may not consent to select one to advance).
  2. If number of level 1 representatives < 40, or number of candidates for the top level < 6, restart the election until there are enough candidates for the top level.
1 Like

I am glad you can lead the eos community to a new future.

I have been following your innovation in the blockchain industry. After reading your new book, I have benefited a lot.

When many people have not thought about the issue of blockchain governance, you are already practicing.

Hope to see how to determine the qualifications for election soon .

2 Likes

I wonder if it is better according to the geographical location. Classification by language does not seem to be very good.

1 Like

If no such strict plan on meetings, I can imagine the explosion of:

• Zoom expenses
  • IPFS storage needs for recording all those longer meetings

Anyways, itā€™s a first run, and adjustments may be done later. I believe ā€œstarting smallā€ is key here

1 Like

Great and realistic. Looking forward to do my best contributing to build the best blockchain community. #EdenOS will set a new standard in blockchain governance. NFT is a nice addon in the process.

1 Like

Hey @bytemaster I think we can leapfrog this roadmap if we build together. Built on eosio and each level of representatives could have their own instance to manage their budgetā€¦

Simple modifications (which weā€™re close to being ready with anyway) can fractal out each layer of representatives within the same DAO to manage their own budgets.

Hypha has been using this exclusively (no bank accounts, no legal entities) already for almost 2 years to coordinate, fund and govern and could really bring EdenOS to life - especially if we started building together! Could be a lot of fun!!

https://dho.hypha.earth/#/members

3 Likes

Hi Daniel,
I really like the EdenOS governance idea. I think it can breath new life into EOS and to help restoring the positive forces by incentivisation and leadership. I like the DAO governance approach and automatic funds allocated to it from inflation.
However I think more thought needed about the election process. In this proposal, you suggested ā€œAll 1000+ eden community members will attend a zoom meetingā€, and in this meeting they will be splitted randomly to a groups of 10 people, and each group will have an hour to decide on a leader.

First, I think one hour for ten people to present themselves is not enough time. It only gives 6 minutes per person. Do you often know in 6 minutes if a person is worth to be a leader? Well Iā€™m unable to have an impression of a person in 6 minutes. I think it requires working with the person and know if heā€™s competent. What can you make about a person in 6 minutes? You can probably say if heā€™s or sheā€™s are handsome and/or charismatic and/or extroverts. But what else?
Another issue is that in this time limited frame, the vocals and the extroverts would push themselves as part of their natural tendency and catch the whole conversation, and the introverts will be pushed back. I donā€™t think a leader is a good one just because heā€™s an extrovert and is more vocal or dominating than others.
I ask you to think about this, because we donā€™t want the select the wrong people at the top.

Another issue is that there is limited time and limited chances, in one go, one day, one hour, the future of 1000 people will be decided upon. What if some of them are unable to arrive due to internet malfunction? What if some of them are sick that day?

I agree that we need to be aggressive, but letā€™s allow more time and more chances to get to know the people in the group and select the best people to be the leaders.

1 Like

Whew. Nice breath of fresh air. All smiles!

2 Likes

Hi Rieki, is Hypha tied into Seeds? Or is it independent? For me personally I wouldnā€™t want anything to dilute EOS in the drive to become the reserve currency of the world (my vision for EOS).

1 Like

YES!
Thank you for this acknowledgement. This may be the single most important concept of this post which (no offense intended and in full respect of your many accomplishments to date) differentiates this endeavor from previous technology solutions that have been labeled by many as too complex or lacking a human element (Iā€™ve heard this statement said about BitShares, Steem/Hive, and EOS). Focusing on the humans first and their experience is hugely important for the success potential here.

Iā€™d love more examples of this.

Defining community is difficult (but this process should help). Can you elaborate on how the community might express itā€™s goals in a useful way? Will chosen representatives at the various levels post their ideas in the forums for discussion and feedback?

Great examples. Iā€™d love to see more like it.

Thank you, Dan.

2 Likes

Hi Dan:

I Love the Idea. Iā€™m super busy as of late but Iā€™d LOVE to participate in the Conversations and if selected also serve as a community representant.

Iā€™m the Founder of EOS Community in Israel and We have a very active and smart community over here loving EOS and everything we can build with it.

Let me know how else I can help :wink:

4 Likes

What if I have made the donation and done the Google form but do not yet have an invitation. Is there somewhere I should be participating?
Letā€™s just say in my excitement after being away I may have just lost 8 Eos. Also I sent 8 instead of 10 Eos while checking other things.
Pls send halp Dan. Im unsure if I should send the last 2 Eos just to have a complete registration of it itā€™s even worth doing after making a mistake on my first form.