EOSCommunity.org Forums

Proposal for Eden to consider: EOS Project Proposal & Voting Portal

It is quite apparent that the EOS / Eden community urgently need a single online web location (Website that can be logged in via an EOS Wallet) for the following:

1. Project funding - Uploading of EOS project proposals requiring funding
  2. Voting system - The website will allow EOS token holders to log in (via their wallet) and vote on their favourite project proposal, the voting majority will enable the winning team/s full/partial funding
  3. Work required - Uploading of any EOS Task / Job / Project that members need completing
  4. Bidding - Freelancers/Suppliers can bid for various work requirements advertised on the site ie Developers, Designers, Hosting, Support, Bloggers etc, bids are placed over a set time period and then the best bids are chosen and accepted
  5. Suppliers KPI Star ratings league table - Customers of completed work packages will have the ability to leave feedback on a std questionnaire (Star rating) on Suppliers who have completed tasks ie Suppliers who are in the EOS community, provide quality work at a fair price and deliver on time and budget will get maximum stars, this will help identify the best teams through their place in the league table
  6. Project status visibility - Funded project teams (we suggest) will need to update their project status on this site before further stage funds are released, for full project status visibility, useful for keeping projects on track and improve fund allocation
  7. Completed Projects - location to view all completed tasks/projects (chronological order) work history, end results, URL’s etc

If this proposal is successful I believe this will be instrumental in massively speeding up the current project funding process, standardising project documentation, improve accountability which will not only increase the current/future EOS development takeup but will help to build our EOS network and in turn increase the token value.

9 Likes

@John_Heeter @brandonfancher

Looks great, I already have some similar ideas along these lines as well. I think the scope of this proposal is too large though.

At this point we mostly just need a site where you can show your support for projects and candidates so we can get an idea of the sentiment of eden members before the actual election event. We can leverage these forums for much of the content and discussion as well.

4 Likes

This system detailed is what I envisage to be the end goal product , we can obviously break this up into smaller chunks concentrating on the functionality that are high priority. We need a site up ASAP.

1 Like

The idea is very good, hard work to rejuvenate the country, empty talk will lead to the country!

1 Like

I agree here. We could make some progress with the limited budget from the 2nd trial and build some pieces of it - but I’m not sure it’d be a usable system afterwards.

I also think we need some sort of project data structure first that defines a project proposal, ideally one that is compatible between both this system, any other Eden system, and even Pomelo. This was briefly talked about in Telegram today and I think this one piece is a probably the first step we need in order to build a platform like this.

I’d also really love to see what Pomelo is doing that’s similar to this proposal. With what limited time and effort that exists in the community, I’d hate to see a bunch of duplicated effort when we could be working together to avoid that.

2 Likes

I spoke with a pomelo guy (Stephane) who tells me that their system will be ready by the end of the year I’m not entirely sure of what it will include in this iteration except that it will be a place to upload projects for funding and not providing all the functionality I have shown, I also mentioned about the use of api so we can interface with pomelo, I believe we can get this project started now rather than wait and hopefully we will get some additional funding to get this done completely, options are we can just use Pomelo and hope it does everything and it’s ready to use fairly soon or we develop this complete project submission / voting solution which could be interfaced with other systems, happy to discuss further

1 Like

I have now completed the System first Phase / Milestone requirements:

Milestone / Phase 1:

1. Single website location to provide visibility of EOS only projects requiring funding from Eden & or third party’s
  2. Project Portal users will need to login on-site using their EOS account to view/register/upload/vote projects
  3. Project owner/proposer registration, details of organization are captured
  4. Proposer uploads project/s requiring funding (10 EOS* fee per project proposal (system self-sustainable)),
  5. All Project funding proposals uploaded become visible on-site (filterable) showing overview of project/ s, negotiable/non-negotiable tasks, the funding required, proposed fund % allocations, project timelines, ROI, benefits to EOS community i.e., increased network effect / token price increase
  6. Project Funding Requests are categorised and grouped by Project type in alphabetical / date submission votes received order, the requests will show high-level detail to maximise the number of requests per page, each request view can be expanded to view more detailed information i.e. Owners, Project detail, funding value required, Fund % allocation, the purpose of the project, estimated project timelines, estimated ROI, potential value to EOS and its community (financial / network growth) links to additional Project information /documentation
  7. Voting system to allow EOS token holders to vote for their top 3 separate projects suitable for funding (through their EOS account)
  8. Projects with the most votes go to the top of the Projects league table
  9. Project Funding allocation will be provided after the voting time window has expired, the projects with the highest votes receive the agreed fund allocations (over periods specified)
  10. Projects funds allocated page and status i.e. completed, ongoing, paused

Benefits:
• Project funding from single web location - EOS Projects requiring funding visible from a single location (once logged in)
• Projects funded from single web location - EOS Projects funded through the system and current project status visible from a single location (once logged in)
• Non-EOS Members cannot view projects encouraging the purchase of EOS tokens
• EOS Community voting process - EOS community can have a say on how project funding should be allocated (through the voting mechanism)
• Increased Funding - Funding should become more freely available (for the most suitable projects) approved by the community (once future fund sources have been agreed and finalised)
• Reduced development duplication - Improved Project visibility should reduce development duplication
• EOS Community / Team collaboration – Improved visibility of EOS Projects should increase EOS / Eden community member project partnership
• Preferential funding allocation for EOS community – EOS community members are given a preferential allocation of funds (non-EOS Community charged a tax if we cannot complete work internally amongst the community)
• System self-sustainable through 10 EOS platform/project upload fee (for each project upload)

1 Like

EOS Project & Voting Portal Proposal

It is quite apparent that the EOS / Eden community urgently need a single online web location (Website that can be logged in via their EOS account) for the following via a phased approach:

1. Candidate Project funding - Uploading of EOS project proposals requiring funding
  2. Voting system - The website will allow EOS token holders to log in (via their wallet) and vote on their favourite Candidate & project proposal, the voting majority will enable the winning team/s full/partial funding
  3. Work required - Uploading of any EOS Task / Job / Project that members need completing
  4. Bidding - Freelancers/Suppliers can bid for various work requirements advertised on the site ie Developers, Designers, Hosting, Support, Bloggers etc, bids are placed over a set time period and then the best bids are chosen and accepted
  5. Suppliers KPI Star ratings league table - Customers of completed work packages will have the ability to leave feedback on a std questionnaire (Star rating) on Suppliers who have completed tasks ie Suppliers who are in the EOS community, provide quality work at a fair price and deliver on time and budget will get maximum stars, this will help identify the best teams through their place in the league table
  6. Project status visibility - Funded project teams (we suggest) will need to update their project status on this site before further stage funds are released, for full project status visibility, useful for keeping projects on track and improve fund allocation
  7. Completed Projects - location to view all completed tasks/projects (chronological order) work history, end results, URL’s etc

If this proposal is successful, I believe this will be instrumental in massively speeding up the current project funding process, standardising project documentation, improve accountability which will not only increase the current/future EOS development take-up but will help to build our EOS network and in turn increase the token value.

Key Points (Phase 1)

• Single website location EOSProject.io to provide visibility of EOS only Candidates & projects requiring funding from Eden & or third party’s
  • Project Portal users will need to login on-site using their EOS account to view/register/upload / vote projects
  • Project owner/candidate registration, details of organization are captured
  • Proposer uploads project/s requiring funding (10 EOS* fee per project proposal (system self-sustainable)),
  • All Project funding proposals uploaded become visible on-site (filterable) showing overview of project(s), negotiable/non-negotiable tasks, funding required/proposed fund % allocations, project timelines, ROI, benefits to EOS community i.e., increased network effect / token price increase
  • Project Funding Requests are categorised and grouped by Project type in alphabetical / date submission order/votes received, the requests will show high-level detail to maximise the number of requests per page, each request view can be expanded to view more detailed information i.e. Owners, Project detail, funding value required, Fund % allocation, the purpose of the project, estimated project timelines, estimated ROI, potential value to EOS and its community (financial / network growth) links to additional Project documentation
  • Voting system to allow EOS token holders to vote for their top 3 separate projects suitable for funding (through their EOS account)
  • Candidates / Projects with the most votes go to the top of the Projects league table
  • Project Funding allocation will be provided after the voting time window has expired, the projects with the highest votes receive the agreed fund allocations (over periods specified)
  • Projects funds allocated page and status i.e. completed, ongoing, paused

Funds (If granted the 2000 EOS)

100% Development of phase 1 (John Heeter creator of EOS Power-Up)

Situation Appraisal

We urgently need a single location for EOS Candidate project funding visibility

Project Objectives

• Provide Candidates (Developers / Project owners) ability to access EDEN funding
  • Provide EOS Community members visibility and voting opportunities for EOS Projects (quadratic voting)
  • Improve EOS development funding allocation and visibility
  • Improve visibility of EDEN funded projects

Measures of Success

• System delivered on time and budget
  • System provides functionality highlighted in phase 1
  • Multiple EOS projects uploaded and visible
  • Voting and funding process works (quadratic voting)
  • Funding provided
  • Completed projects through funding benefits the EOS community

Return on Investment

• Increased Project development
  • Increased network effect
  • Increased Token value
  • Increased Project funding requests
  • Self-sustainable solution

Timing and Deliverables

• Mid-August - Phase 1 of System start if funding received
  • Mid-September system completed/hosted and usable
  • Future development phases to be agreed/funded by the EOS / EDEN community

Accountabilities

Melvin Pearce accountabilities:

• Testing and approving development work
  • Manage and oversee the project to completion
  • Oversee ongoing system management
2 Likes

I agree with the other comments above, this is a large project.
Should be broken down to simpler steps.
Can this use a known open source starting point which will need a small addition or tweak to make it work with EOS tokens?

In the extreme simplification, can this be a customized wordpress site with different user roles?
Can you make a semi manual quick win if you make the site a members only and manually approve members if they sent the initial required membership fee to an eos account with the right memo?

Wordpress probably has good templates to make it look like what you want and allow members only to upvote or comment.

Please don’t be put off by my suggestion, I just want to make it 10x times faster to implement.
I know it is less fun than starting a awhole new project from scratch but we might be really close to the end result with very little resources.
The question then becomes, what are the gaps from a free wordpress template + free wordpress plugins

The first phase would be implemented within a few weeks, John (Boyd, powerup) has assured me it will be completed by mid September, this would allow Candidates/ EOS token holders to login upload their platform / projects and how they would use any funding, also EOS token holders will be able to login and vote on their favourite candidates, simple as that. This will help us massively in having everything in a single location and we then just need to organise the funding for the most popular candidates.

1 Like

That is great news! Much further along than I thought, looking forward to this.

I didn’t correctly clarify i meant if we got some funding

Are there any potential investors out there who could pay us the 2000 EOS and we could setup a smart contract to repay you out of the fees we collect from the project owners?

Can other teams bid for this development or does it have to be John from Boid in a single allocation?

2 Likes

Of course this is a great idea. Do we want to build something new or use something existing and make it Eden’s?

We have Scripsio available today. It could be modified to allow logins via EOS accts (temporarily manually approved members for specific groups). Polls are built in, so voting in a group would be simple. Adapting this to accomplish all of the above would be a nice shortcut and provide Eden with a potential income stream if adopted.

1 Like

Agree Ami. That’s why I keep mentioning Scripsio. I would think that a good dev could massage it to accomplish all we want to.

1 Like

anyone can bid, but need to consider the time and cost factors

I will have a look at this

1 Like

Sounds good but ideally, we want our own purposed solution we can manage and improve with a suitable domain name

1 Like