EOSCommunity.org Forums

Network revenue generation events

You read my mind. I’ve wanted this since eos was launched.

7 Likes

Interesting option… it’s early days yet, but I might have few ideas in 3-6 mos.

Added this topic to the Discussion Items forum for our weekly audio chats.

1 Like

Hi guys, I got a question. If someone own an EOS account without CPU/NET resources, how could this user borrows resources from POWERUP. So, how about using a public welfare account to pay the consumption in the rental process (B1 holds a lot of EOS, maybe it’s their duty), of course the contract accounts should be banned to prevent the resources in public welfare account being used by speculators. This method could be helpful to attract more users and more users means more funding.

What have been mentioned above just representing my personal immature ideas.

1 Like

And spitting the current revenues that go into REX?
Lets say 10% goes to a WPS account instead into REX?

1 Like

It’s an option, but what’s being discussed here is just adding new systems that generate revenue. IMHO it’d be a lot easier to create a new revenue stream and put into WPS than taking away from REX.

3 Likes

Depending on the ‘ethos’ of the group, a mining team could be put together. Takes funds brought in and builds algos to earn returns before the capital is needed to be paid out or deployed.

A foundation treasury team. One easy ‘trade’ would be to take X% of eos donations/revenues and put it into BTC. Helps diversify.

I know this is a speculative endeavor, but with the right team in place I think positive returns could be made, which if compounded over time could be a form of revenue generation greater than any one idea presented ie, premium tokens.

1 Like

This is a good idea, token creation is probably 90% of blockchain’s smart contract and having an easy way to do it will make EOS attractive (simple tx with a memo), it can also generate revenue for independent development.

The Premium Name bid could also be used, I wouldn’t touch REX or PowerUp model as they have been widely advertised as a way end users can obtain passive revenue.

2 Likes

I think we need a treasury function for sure and to start an endowment from day 1 in order to grow our own revenue over time.

1 Like

I’d like us to consider building some businesses that can tick a lot of our boxes simultaneously. In my opinion, a crowdfunding platform contributes to a lot of our goals:

• Provides access to early stage funding for app/business development
  • Would attract attention from the entire ecosystem
  • Generates ongoing revenue for the Foundation
  • Uses the eosio software in a meaningful way(great example use case)
  • If successful it would provide considerable demand for eos main net resources over time.
  • It would create jobs for community members

This is easier to do than one might think. Especially in the current regulatory climate in the US and Europe at least. We could have the Reg CF license in 2 months. The Foundation could easily spin off an entity to manage this project in order to manage risk/reduce liability.

Bitfinex just open sourced their DEX software. We could run a non-custodial DEX and collect the fees as an ongoing funding resource. I also think a tool so that individuals can conduct safe peer-to-peer/OTC trades would be fairly easy to create and could generate a flat fee to use(percentage is more problematic and would require more compliance infrastructure).

This is a little more out there, but I’d be willing to offer myself as a consultant on behalf of the Foundation and donate a solid portion of the earned fees to the Foundation. I bet several of us would be willing to do that. It would create some nice exposure for the community and eosio as well. A Foundation consulting team and/or technical support team could potentially do quite well with a little marketing.

5 Likes

I like this very much. In addition to a normal DEX, one could well collect fees from NFT trades.

1 Like

Agree this idea is ‘out there,’ but I’ve always been a fan of this idea. Securities regs won’t be easy though. Specifically on the kyc/aml front. That doesn’t seem to mesh well with blockchain so far.

The residuals on NFTs and fees on NFT trades is an interesting idea. I wonder if the system itself could operate a standardized NFT contract, where a small portion of each NFT mint, trade, etc acts as a revenue generator (like namebids, rex, etc) for the network.

1 Like

This crosses a regulatory line that we don’t want.

1 Like

so you did that? or just hope to do that?

I stated this before I realized we’re not looking to incorporate an official entity right away.

Before you want to earn money from users through the EOS system network, you should first consider why some one should use the EOS system.

I may have made a mistake. I found that the consumption in the process of renting is actually deducted from the renter’s resources after the lease is completed. So, please forgive me for my carelessness, practice makes true knowledge.

1 Like

Lot’s of things to do right now, and soon there will be plenty more.

List of helpful EOS links

What would be funded by new revenue streams? Eden, as the governance / foundational entity for the EOS network? What will be the legal entity status of Eden? As I understand it, the top tier voted in gets to decide on the use of all funds.

• Could Eden act as a broker between investors and projects, and take a fee on all transactions? Or would that need to be a separately regulated DAO of some sort?

I’m thinking this is the perfect opportunity to do marketing to new users. Maybe funding new accounts. Handle all the pain points for expansion.
I’m curious as well what projects (besides the coding, of course) would be ripe for funding and how the group might coordinate such, as needed(?).