EOSCommunity.org Forums

Nano Ledger S (contract data enabled)

That’s great to hear.

If I had to guess I’d say it has something to do with the Ledger firmware version. I upgraded to the newest version available before trying anything.

I also sent a message to the Ledge support team explaining everything and asking if there is someway to downgrade the EOSIO APP on ledger. I guess I’ll have to wait for them to answer then.

But thanks for the response! I’ll update here when they give any update on the matter.

That might actually part of it. I wonder if older firmwares for whatever reason can see the app :thinking:

Thanks, please do! I’ve talked with others who have run into this issue as well.

Well, after some back and forth with the Ledger support, their final answer is that it is not supported to downgrade the EOS APP version and since it is maintained by the EOS community I should ask for help here.

So probably I’ll just have to wait for this to get addressed by you guys, thanks!

damn… I’m still stuck on this error and it’s really starting to impact my ability to do what I’d like to on chain! ugh

From what I can tell I have to find an old nano that has not had its firmware upgraded in order to work around this issue? :thinking: :disappointed:

How is this not the most important priority for the EOS community? I’m starting to get alarmed that I won’t be able to access my funds!

The only thing that’s broken is key changes as far as I’m aware. All other operations should work fine. If you’re that concerned, create a new, non-Ledger account, and then transfer your funds to that new account in the mean time.

We have made contact with the Ledger team and are asking them to investigate and fix this issue. It’s been about a week since our initial conversations on the issue - but that’s probably to be expected due to the holidays.

1 Like

Thanks for following up. I have a genesis account that I’m proud of, so I’d like to keep it. But I’m anxious to get my keys off the ledger cause it’s been buggy for me since I don’t use it that frequently.

Looking forward to a solution. All the best. Happy New Year!

1 Like

I have a nano x with firmware 2.0.2.
I also cannot see the app when changing provider to 4.
Only possible EOS app is 1.4.2.
I need to change permissions as well.

Are there any news regarding this issue or a new temporary workaround?
I’m using Ledger Nano S 2.1.0, Ledger Live 2.39.2, and changing provider to 4 as described above doesn’t show an EOS app in the App catalog.

@aaron

Still cant change the keys with my current Nano X on any of my EOS accounts.

Finally found an old Nano S with firmware not updated.

Connected to Ledger Live, did not update firmware (running 1.3.1), in experimental features went to “manager provider” and entered “4”.

Went to Manager and the only app I see is “Recovery Check” that can be installed. No other apps.

If I disable “manager provider” I don’t see EOS as an app available.

Any known work arounds at this point or am I forever stuck not being able to change any keys with my Nano S/X outside of exporting my private key from my hardware wallet and potentially exposing all linked accounts them until I change them?

Upgrade your Ledger firmware to 2.0.2 (or greater) using Ledger Live. After that’s complete, search the apps within Ledger Live and find the EOS app, which should be 1.4.3 (or greater) and install it.

With those two versions, you should be able to change your permissions now.

1 Like

ALLELUYA IT WORKS!!!

Yes this is a complete sentence!

2 Likes

Awesome! Glad to hear it. Hopefully we never end up in this situation again :sweat_smile:

Took a bit for the Ledger team to identify and resolve the bug - but once they did and let us know, we tried to spread the word. Our soapbox isn’t that tall though :joy:

1 Like

It works for me as well now with Ledger Live 2.42.0 and EOS app 1.4.3.
Thanks for your help!

1 Like