EOSCommunity.org Forums

Metamask on EOS

We have published the UAL Authenticator for Metamask for anyone that want to start testing their DApps with Metamask.

Any feedback and PRs are welcome!

3 Likes

It’s my address on metamask,
0xA038C8cAB558484D39f55F8B5Ee17C3745644fE1

Please send some test token, thanks.

1 Like

Very cool. Thanks for your work on this.

Is there going to be a way to import an existing EOS account if we want to?

1 Like

Thanks for the kind words!

I don’t think there is going to be support for import existing accounts

If you want to use Metamask as your primary wallet (after major dapps start using the UAL Metamask) sending EOS to your eth address will make a new account ready to be used

2 Likes

@elmato
Hi, I found that after my eos account was created according to the eth account, the permission of the eos account is set to “eosaccount”, maybe it is a contract. So, how can you protect the safety of my account?

Besides, does this mean that I cannot operate my account directly?

2 Likes

Hi @shiziwen, thanks for asking a question that is really important to address.

Yes, the account created (for the ETH address) will initially have etheraccount@active for both active and owner permissions, meaning that the smart contract will be able to authorize transactions for the account.

But …

The only way that the smart contract can authorize a transaction on account behalf is by previously verifying (signature verification) that the originator of the transaction is the ETH address associated with that account.

And …

The permission configuration of the etheraccount that we will deploy on mainnet, will be something like:

active: etheraccount@eosio.code
owner: eosio@active

Meaning that only the code of the smartcontract can authorize the active permission, and any update to the smart contract code must be signed by 2/3+1 of bps. No keys will be involved in any of the etheraccount permissions, so the contract developers wont have access to authorize any transaction, only the code.

smartcontract code will be released soon as open source.

One last thing:

There is no way to derive the ecc public from an address since the address is basically a hash of the public key, so at the moment of the account creation (a transfer to an address) we only have the address but not the pubkey.

After using Metamask for the first time you will see that the account has now a public key in owner/active permission in addition to etheraccount@active. This public key is the one corresponding to the ETH address, the smartcontract recovered it from the signature and on first usage configured the account.

This allows users to import their private keys on any other EOS wallet and been able to use their EOS account.

5 Likes

This s awesome and if all good on mainnet, it would be best news for eos in ages.

Thanks for your detailed explanation.

1 Like

It’s my address on metamask,
0x679e529fecBA3a3FAe9e1E20eb7dCc638641cCcd

Please send some test token, thanks.

1 Like

I think I did something stupid :stuck_out_tongue:
I had some EOS on Celsius mobile app so I transfer it to Exodus Wallet I put in adress exodussingup or exodussingin i dont remember now :stuck_out_tongue: but something like this and this wierd number from exodus hm i can see it here but I dont know what I did heheh

this is the transaction

yeah I know I supposed to send 1 EOS but i forgot and sent 4 :stuck_out_tongue:
this is my metamask
0x1277255B8e274C8a753EeA277aA62115bAeD21Eb

Just uploaded it seems to work great thank you! test token :slight_smile:
0x4E1a44c1f42739a77839c7F2aa953396ca919DB1

0x1277255B8e274C8a753EeA277aA62115bAeD21Eb can anyone send me some test ?

I think I did something stupid :stuck_out_tongue:
I had some EOS on Celsius mobile app so I transfer it to Exodus Wallet I put in adress exodussingup or exodussingin i dont remember now :stuck_out_tongue: but something like this and this wierd number from exodus hm i can see it here but I dont know what I did heheh

this is the transaction

Bloks.io | Fastest EOSIO Block Explorer and Wallet

Fastest and most complete EOSIO block explorer and wallet.

yeah I know I supposed to send 1 EOS but i forgot and sent 4 :stuck_out_tongue:
this is my metamask
0x1277255B8e274C8a753EeA277aA62115bAeD21Eb

I would like to try this out!

It looks like https://kylin.evodex.io gives me a 404 error. Did I do something wrong?

0x1b7f8A34CFf55064a7A6F6eC15d894A519cE6d71

What’s the latest progress on this?

5 Likes

Rumor on the street is, that it’s already up and running… Looking forward to the announcement!

1 Like

Is there documentation for devs to integrate it?

3 Likes

Working on the announcement right now.

Integration and documentation can be found here: GitHub - EOSArgentina/ual-metamask , but you can also drop by our telegram channel and ask us for support.

@dobuora @John_Heeter

1 Like

here we go:

3 Likes

ok great maybe @jafri can add it to bloks

2 Likes