EOSCommunity.org Forums

Low CPU on Anchor, available CPU on Bloks.io

According to Anchor Wallet 1.2.1 I have 0.00 ms available under CPU. Which is odd because I have 201 EOS staked to CPU, and I rarely ever do any transactions.
Reviewing my account on Bloks.io show that I have CPU resources available.
I’ve attached screen shots for your convenience.

This is actually due to a bug in the EOS APIs, which a fix is coming soon for. bloks.io has some clever code that gets around it which isn’t possible in Anchor unfortunately.

What’s happening is that your CPU resources don’t actually update until you perform the next transaction. The APIs are telling Anchor that you’ve used all 0.18ms of CPU, so that’s what we’re showing you. If you were to perform another transaction, that value would change, but it doesn’t update automatically.

Just FYI - 180 microseconds isn’t really enough to do anything on the network. The average token transfer uses 200-250. Staking has been phased out in favor of the PowerUp system and renting CPU from the system and tools like Fuel. You can read more about it if you’re interested:

1 Like

Thanks Aaron, appreciate your work.

Quick question, hypothetically If I were to top up my CPU to the point it was equal or greater than the quoted amount would that insure I had free at least 1 transaction free whenever I wanted.

Correct. Staking still works, it’s just incredibly inefficient now.

For reference I think right now it’s ~1100 EOS staked as CPU to get 1 millisecond (1000 us).

Each transaction uses a different amount, anywhere between 0.2ms for a simple transfer up to 2.5ms for some complicated staking/voting operations.

1 Like

I am trying to unstake 33.4 EOS from CPU. I have rented some 435 EOS from REX for CPU … but my EOS account @ https://www.bloks.io/account/pauljackson1 shows that my 33.4 EOS is still “refunding” after 4+ days,

The above comments make me think I shouldn’t be renting from REX any more.

Is there some better way now for me to get my unstake to complete?

Or should I rent more EOS from REX? If so, how much.

Yeah REX is inefficient now as well, PowerUp is the system you’ll want to use.

You can use bloks for it still: https://www.bloks.io/wallet/powerup, or there’s controls for it in the Resources section in the latest version of Anchor.

1 Like

Thanks for the quick reply, aaron.

I’ve looked far and wide in my Anchor screens for any sign of “powerup”, and see nothing like it.

I’m running the latest available Anchor for Linux, 1.2.1

Perhaps I’m missing something that’s right in front of me, or perhaps I need a newer Anchor than 1.2.1 (that is not on Linux yet), or perhaps … ???

Mm, I’ve seen a few users run into this - where the app isn’t recognizing that the PowerUp feature is available.

Is the wallet unlocked? The controls in the Resources section of the wallet don’t display in 1.2.1 unless the wallet is unlocked (which is changing in 1.2.2). They are the green buttons in CPU and NET.

If that doesn’t work - I think if you were to “Resync” the blockchain settings, and then completely restart Anchor, it should show up in the Resources section. The animated GIF below shows how that is done.

2 Likes

Nice screen shots - you’re quick.

I was (pretty sure) unlocked - the green button for REX was showing for me, where you screen shot shows the green button for PowerUp.

So I am re-syncing now.

1 Like

The resync seems to happen instantly and do nothing - I still only have REX green button, not PowerUp on the Resource screen.

Perhaps I should move aside my current Anchor local data/config/… files and act like I am setting it up for the first time on my system ??

My backups are very robust, so I’m not worried about shooting off my foot and being unable to restore it.

Aha - I stopped and restarted Anchor, and now I see a PowerUp green button on the Resource screen, where before there was a REX button.

I’ll proceed from here. Thanks Much!

2 Likes