EOSCommunity.org Forums

Greymass Anchor Wallet - unable to process Refund when attempting to unstake DAPP on bloks

Looks like I’ve got some DAPP stuck in an unstaking state. I’m using bloks. Anchor throws the following error. Please note: It’s been well over 3 days. Any guidance/help would be much appreciated (@aaron ) :

Error (showing in Anchor)

Cannot read property ‘Symbol(Resolved)’ of undefined ()

Logged out of both wallet and bloks.

logged back in.

now, receive error in bloks, not in Anchor. Reads:

Error

assertion failure with message: refund request not found

The “Symbol” error is a bug which we’re hoping to push a fix out for this week. It was reported here as well:

https://forums.eoscommunity.org/t/i-cannot-stake-efx-because-of-this-error/2575

I’ve run into it a couple times myself, and after repeating the request a few times, it seems to get by it? I’m not sure what’s causing it yet but hopefully we’ll find it soon.

1 Like

was fix pushed out? I’m at 1.2.2 and still getting error.

It should have been. We resolved one issue where this was popping up… perhaps there’s another issue we didn’t find related to this error :thinking:

Can I help? I can post a. Screenshot if need be, or an error log if there is one. Lemme kno!

Symbol error persists. I have to restart Anchor regularly. I believe the problem may be occurring after the wallet gets auto-locked.

Hrm, that’s an interesting lead for us to test. If you disable autolock, does the problem go away?

Here’s the steps Aaron. please let me know if I can better clarify.

Two items of interest - #1. window on top, #2. Symbol Error

Item of interest #1. Window on top versus window not on top

1a. Window on top

Opened Anchor
Unlocked all wallets
Made tx - success
Waited 5 minutes while window on top (Mac)
Did not Autolock
Made tx - succes

1b. Window NOT on top

Closed anchor
Opened Anchor
Unlocked all wallets
Made tx - success
Waited 5 minutes while window NOT on top
Autolocks successfully

Item of interest #2. Symbol Error

Made tx - prompted to login
Logged in to Anchor
Failed tx - “Error Cannot read property ‘Symbol(Resolved)’ of undefined ()“
Closed anchor
Opened Anchor
Set Autolock to default do not Autolock
Closed anchor
Opened Anchor
Unlocked all wallets
Made tx - success
Waited 10 minutes while window NOT on top
Did not Autolock after 10 minutes as expected (it is set to default do not Autolock)
Made tx - success

Comments on Item of Interest #2: Symbol error appears to follow the 5 minute autolock event.

Please let me know if I can be of further help or clarify.

1 Like

Thanks, this is perfect.

For the first item of interest, I think this is the way the code we’re using is intended to work. If the window is in focus, it’s not considered “idle”, and doesn’t automatically lock. When the window however is in the background, it’s considered idle, and will automatically lock. I think it would probably lock your wallet if the computer itself was locked or went to sleep as well.

For the second item - what was the failed tx you did right after logging in, and was it in a dapp or was it inside Anchor itself?

I’m going to start tracking this one down here soon.

I think I’ve tracked down the “Symbol” error. It looks like it was related to unlocking the wallet from an external request. The next version will contain that fix and we’ll see if any other “Symbol” errors continue to appear.

Good to hear Aaron :+1: I’ll retest after a future update.