EOSCommunity.org Forums

Eos-voter-0.4.1 greymess wallet sending token to Binance failed

I am using gremess wallet 0.4.1, I am trying to send my fund to binance exchange, I am running issue as stated in the below diagram, it says “error_transaction must have at least one authorization”. Here is the status: 10.0237 EOS available EOS (unstaked), 609.1399 Staked in CPU, 609.1397 Staked in Bandwidth. How do I do before I can transfer EOS to Binance ?

That’s a fairly old version - which might be part of the problem. My first question to you is do you have your private keys backed up somewhere outside of the wallet?

Based on the answer to that, I’ll be able to give you the best course of action to get unstaked and transferring tokens.

1 Like

Hello, Aaron:

I have the public key starts with “EOS”, private key starts with “5”, I think that when I first set up my greyness wallet, I had used these keys, they are must be the keys you have talked about?

Regards

Yep, those are exactly what I’m talking about.

Alright - so I think the problem is that the version you’re using is so old, that the code itself within it to execute the transactions isn’t valid anymore with modern day EOS. Giving you instructions on upgrading depended on whether or not you had those keys, or if it’d be a multi-step process of manually upgrading eos-voter.

Early last year we stopped working on eos-voter and forked it into a brand new wallet called Anchor. That’s going to be the direction I recommend you go - since it’s going to solve not only the issue you’re having now, but an issue with resources I expect you to run into as soon as the transactions start working (involving resources).

So here’s what I’m going to recommend:

• Grab the latest copy of Anchor from our website: https://greymass.com/en/anchor
  • Install it and get it started up.
  • You’ll be prompted to setup your wallet:
    • Select EOS as the blockchain
    • Setup a password
    • Click “Import Existing Account”
    • Click “Import from Private Key”
    • Enter your private key.
    • Check the checkbox next to the account (active permission) you want to import.
  • You’ll then be setup in our new wallet with your account.
  • The first thing I’ll recommend doing is clicking the Brain/Fuel tank looking icon in the upper right, and enabling Fuel. This is a service we built and integrated that will cover the resource costs of your transactions (which will be needed if you’re looking to unstake). There’s an animated GIF showing this process in this blog post.
  • From there, you’ll want to go into the “Resources” section and “Unstake” the CPU and NET.

The unstaking process takes between 3-4 days before it’s a liquid balance and can be transferred out of the account. Once that process is complete, you’ll be able to use the “Transfer” interface in Anchor to send those tokens off to an exchange like Binance.

1 Like

Hi, Aaron:

Many thank for your help

regards

hongbing

1 Like

Hi, Aaron:

I have installed the wallet as your instruction, also tried to recover the wallet from my private key, it found my wallet, there are two selection:
wallet@active
wallet@ownner
Should I check both to recover the wallet?

regards

hongbing

You only need one - I’d recommend going with the “active” authority.

The only reason you should ever use the owner version is if you’re either changing the owner or in the act of recovering/changing the active. There’s a long explanation on that which I won’t get into right now :wink:

1 Like

HI, Aaron:

Thanks a lot for your help and prompt reply. Have a nice weekend

regards

hongbing

Hi, Aaron:

Thank you very much, my wallet is recovered successfully with your help, I see most of my tokens are on staking, what is the purpose of staking? I have not seen my token increased in number.

regards

hongbing

Staking in EOS does two things:

• Gives you voting power to vote for block producers to secure the network (DPoS)
  • Grants you network resources (CPU/NET) so you can perform transactions without paying a fee.

Staking on a lot of other networks grants token rewards - but that wasn’t part of the design of EOS. The inflation goes to the block producers that the staked token holders vote for as payment for securing the network.

Hello, Aaron:

Thank you very much for your explanation. If we transfer the token to the exchange like binance, then we don’t have the staking capability any more, right?

Regards

Hongbing

You and your account will not if you deposit it into the exchange. Many exchanges however have some internal staking programs you can participate in. Binance for example has this page with information about their staking program for EOS.

Hi, Aaron:

Thank you very much for your detailed message.

I have also some other EOS associated air drop coins When I first stored my eos in the older version of greyness wallet, when I install and recover the new wallet, they are still remains in my old wallet, and not migrated to my new anchor wallet, if I need to deal with them later, I should still use the old wallet? What is your recommendation for those coins?,Like “EOSDAC”?

Thank you very much

Best regards

Hongbing

No problem!

For the other tokens you mentioned, you can go into the Tools → Custom Tokens section to select which token balances you’d like to keep track of. There’s a “Scan” button in there as well that will look at all of your balances for those tokens to help you decide which ones you have a balance for and would like to keep track of.

Once they are tracked, you’ll be able to transfer those tokens :+1:

Hi, Aaron:

Many thanks for your help!

Best regards

Hongbing

hello, Aaron:

After i have migrated my token new version of the wallet, also unstaking all my EOS token, i see my tokens in My wallet, however when I try to send my token to binance, it still is experiencing error of “error-transaction must have at least one authorization “, not sure why. It shows:

Liquid 10
Staked 0
Installing 500

Ram 9.55 kB

Could you please advise?

Regards

Hongbing

I am sorry Aaron: ignore my previous email, I was trying to send from old wallet again, withe my new wallet I have unstaking my coin, I don’t seem to see my EOS, I have unstaking for 5 days, they shown in my older version of wallet

Regards

Hongbing

It shows ram 63.9% available,cpu 0 %. Net 0 %

It seems to show low Net status for the new wallet

It do see EOS available in my home page. When I try to transfer eos, it doesn’t seem to allow me to select EOS to transfer though, thank you very much for your help

Regards

Hongbing