EOSCommunity.org Forums

EOS Resource Providers - where to get CPU/NET/RAM

With EOS having fully transitioned over to using the PowerUp system, we’re now in need of a way to track all the new ways to access network resources. Thanks to @cc32d9 for identifying this in the EOSIO Developers Telegram channel and sparking this thread.

The PowerUp system is a new network resource model that effectively replaced both the old method of “staking for resources” and “renting from REX”. Accounts directly utilizing this system can pay a fee to rent resources from the system for 24 hours.

General users are welcome to utilize the PowerUp system directly through various apps - but the system itself has been optimized for automated services. Due to this shift, a new marketplace of service providers is emerging which I’ve been calling Resource Providers. Resource Providers are 3rd party services that utilize a variety of EOSIO features to automatically provide network resources (CPU/NET/RAM) to others.

This thread will serve as a directory for these services until something better comes along.

Desktop Wallets with Resource Management

Anchor Wallet (Desktop)

• Features
    • Users automatically receive up to 5ms of CPU free per day.
    • Fee-based transactions if you run out of free transactions.
    • Users can manage their own resources via the PowerUp option availabe in the Resources section (starting in 1.2.1).

Web Interfaces for Resource Management

Chintai Automated Resource Management

• Web-based: https://arm.chintai.io
  • Login with Anchor/Ledger/Scatter
  • Features:
    • Automated powerups based on utilization
    • 100% fee if paid with EOS
    • 0% fee if paid with CHEX

eospowerup.io

• Web-based: https://eospowerup.io
  • Login with Anchor/Scatter
  • Features
    • Free daily powerups
    • Automated powerup service based on utilization
    • 1% fee

Developer Tools and Integrations

Anchor integration with Fuel

Authority Charge system for DApps and Power users

Standards and Specifications

Resource Provider Specification

5 Likes

I went ahead and used ARM by Chintai, simple and easy to add all my accounts at once. I can’t speak to the efficiency since I am not a power user.

As an artist I would appreciate being able to create NFTs with such a resource manager. Maybe I should test that?

1 Like