EOSCommunity.org Forums

EOS Projects in Need of Funding

Hello Chris! Thanks for the initiative.

I am a Venezuelan musician and I have recently launched my collection of musical NFTs “soundelement” on AtomicHub. In this way I am working on a proposal for musical NFTs and thus bring to the world NFT EOS an artist of a good caliber but who are not rock stars (although it would be good). Almost everything is ready, but we will need funding to sustain the team and get the project off the ground.

I think bringing musicians into the NFT EOS world can be beneficial. The community constantly talks about the need for marketing in EOS and artists could bring an audience, bring EOS closer to those who still do not dare to enter the blockchain world. And EOS would be your first home.

As for the musicians, I am already in communication with some and I hope to finalize a deal very soon. They are artists who do not have millions of followers but thousands of them. They have a lot of movement on their social networks and one of them has a verified account on twitter and Instagram.

EOS has all the potential to be one of the greats of the NFTs and there is already the platform, this is the project and it only takes one way to make it happen. I hope you like this idea. A hug

3 Likes

That’s a great idea. I still think a dedicated bot for eospowerup.io is necessary because it will have it’s own internal account system, but it would be easy to integrate the eospowerup.io API as an option inside Tipit. The more integrations the better I think.

For example, to trigger a free powerup the Bot should just ping https://api.eospowerup.io/freePowerup/accountname
I do have some rate limiting to prevent abuse but I could whitelist your bot backend for this function. Currently the API doesn’t integrate well because it doesn’t have much of a response but I should be able to improve that over the next month.

3 Likes

I just read this from Enrico in the Everything EOS Telegram channel. Its not a project looking for Eden reps, but a project waiting for Eden reps to find and put a plan together for:

“Well I believe we need to set up a page that provides information investors are interested in if we want to attract capitals to the mainnet. Right now as a PoS Chain is offering about 3% APY. So the first thing I would need to know if and when with upcoming upgrades this APY is going to increase. Secondly I would need to have dashboard showing the ecosystem of apps built on to top EOS and their current level of traction. If we talk about defi I would need to know how many users how much capital locked…etc… If we miss this type of information in one single place no one will ever bother to go around and find out. We need a page that makes it a no brainer for investors to understand they must have a piece of EOS in their portfolio. Also, if you run a comparison Tezos releases a chain update every three months…how is EOS going to keep up with this rate of innovation? We need a benchmarking showing at least that EOS has some strengths if we cannot prove it is the best solution. All of the above information is totally lacking in EOS ecosystem. I think we view EOS more as a tool than an investable asset. This is true but only to a certain extent. Crypto has created a new category of hybrid assets and it seems to me that EOS right now it mainly managed by devs and not by investors. Hope these comments will help improve EOS chances of success.”

2 Likes

Thanks Chris, I hope someone will pick up this idea. Happy to collaborate to develop it further, if necessary. Enrico.

2 Likes

For an overview over EOS DeFi TVL, this site is a good start:
http://eospayout.com/defi/

1 Like

Eden Proposal: passwordless authentication and private key management platform

Here’s the proposal: :point_down:

3 Likes

Eden Proposal: A more broad distribution of BP pay to include standby BPs.

Check it out here! :point_down:

4 Likes

I would like to build a wallet and finance product with elements of Argent, Compound, Uniswap, BlockFi and Binance.

This will be my second attempt. The first attempt I think I got the product and code right but I miscalculated badly on legal and community outreach. That is what I need funding for. I’d like the product to be licensed and regulated in the United States - so that’ll take a lot of funding. I’d also like to hire a public face or partner with one - as I’m not good at dealing with the bitter, condescending people in this community. Some people are great at that - I’m just good at writing code and inventing things.

2 Likes

TIMM mentormarket.io

Some old-timer BPs will remember the mentormarket proxy. During the early days it was one of the larger ones and helped some of our better BPs out during that time.

As Eden pursues ways to gain resources, perhaps TIMM is some low hanging fruit that can be used.

In a nutshell, TIMM is a free market financial analysis site. Members can offer their insights for free or on subscriptions. TIMM simply provides the tools to do so, allowing for a free market approach.

It’s already an MVP right now. With some traffic, it could start providing services immediately.

Proposal: With the support of the community, TIMM will offer a % of gross proceeds to EOS on Eden.

Needs: TIMM really needs a good dev on-hand to massage the site to streamline it and trouble-shoot when things go wonky. Ideally a dedicated dev team would help advance the features as well.
And TIMM needs marketing, at least until reaching the critical mass stage where growth becomes more natural.

Additional proposal: I’ve been told that WordPress can be hosted on EOS main. It’s way beyond me, but it would be cool to be the first such site launched on the blockchain and possibly pave the way for new endeavors or additional business models (some of which I already have ideas and models for, but first things first).

Tokenization: I don’t really know if there’s a great model for tokenizing on TIMM. I’ve been reluctant to do it just because I can. But I’m open to methods of gamifying and tokenizing the project, if we can come up with a good compelling reason to. It’s simply a matter of whether we should just because we can and, if so, what’s the best model.

Funding: I don’t know if funding is needed. It depends on how others want to participate. If the dev and marketing teams are interested in equity or some sort of profit sharing, I’m more than happy to cover operating expenses until profitable. If the dev and/or marketing team need to be paid, then we can discuss funding. Personally, I’d rather just roll it out and share in the profits. But I’m open to ideas.

I didn’t take this to EOStarter because I don’t know that it needs funding and if it’s a good model for tokenization. However, if it will help the community and other projects, I’d be more than happy for us to use it to get something rolling. Regardless, I think TIMM could be low hanging fruit, and potentially start providing some funding for Eden on EOS fairly quickly without a ton of effort.

1 Like

I did mention this idea previously in the chat which you left early, I was considering running this idea

Hi I may run with this idea, perhaps we could have a chat to discuss

What about a token integration team which is responsable to integrate tokens with eos. Also the team is responsable to integrate tokens on eos with exchanges. For example we still dont have eos usdt on binance. Its a very bad userexperience to transfer tokens from one exchange to the other. Liquidity is fundamental to attract new users…

EOS User Support:

EOS user support created by the community for the community. The goal of EOS support is to help the average user onboard into EOS without any difficulties. Members of the EOS community are developing the EOS user support for the EOS community.

Introduction:

Blockchains have the potential to revolutionize the way we do things in today’s society. As it stands, blockchain is on pace to deliver on its promise to introduce transparency and trust into our legacy systems. As one of the most performant and technologically advanced blockchains, EOS is leading blockchain development and scalability. The core functionality of EOS is to provide blockchain-based applications in a way that is similar to web-based applications. For EOS to achieve these goals, we must recognize EOS user support. EOS user support aims to provide assistance to users and in addition make EOS onboarding process as easy as possible.

The EOS community needs user support to help educate and assist with account creation.

Situational Appraisal:

• EOS community has Telegram support for users, but it is not ideal

Project Objectives:

• Well organized help desk to provide support for EOS users
  • Help with new user onboarding into the EOS community
  • Educate users about EOS scams and how to avoid them
  • Provide custodial services for users
  • Provide support for other businesses built on EOS
  • Secure funds and distribute to EOS support representatives
  • Work with other stakeholders to provide network effect for EOS
  • Aim to provide Arbitration services in the future

Measures of Success

• A positive survey from EOS/Eden communities
  • Increased onboarding into the EOS community
  • Increased EOS support representatives
  • Increased number of businesses using services provided by EOS support

Methods and Options:

• Secure funding in an EOS support contract
  • Pay EOS user support representatives
  • Pay for ongoing expenses and platform developments

Become an EOS support representative:

• Onboard as an Eden member
  • Take an EOS user support course and earn certification
  • Earn an EOS support beginner NFT
  • Attend scheduled meetings for ongoing training

Funding allocation:

• Reasonable amount of funds toward EOS support expenses, marketing, and ongoing platform development
  • Reasonable amount of funds would be allocated for EOS merchandise such T-shirts, hats, water bottles (people who donate a certain percentage to EOS support will receive these merchandise)
  • EOS support smart contract to be distributed to Eos support representatives over time manually based on negotiations with each representative. This process will be done manually and representatives can claim their stipend monthly.

Smart contract:

• Grant secured will be directed to support.gm and used to fund the EOS user support project.
  • Users who donate to EOS courses/ merchandise will earn NFT’s based on donation (philanthropic badge of honor)
  • Funds will be proxied/staked to rex for a yield.
  • Distribute % EOS from the support.gm treasury to the representatives at the end of the month.
  • The amount of ticket closed and NFT minted by the smart contract will determine the amount of tokens a representative receives.
  • Each representative would receive their NFTs based on rank, ratings and amount of value of work produced (NFTs will be issued based on rank and ratings).

Roadmap:

• Phase 1 (2 months)
    Web application with integrations to provide video appointments, learning workshops, EOS Merchandise, EOS News and user support services in Multi-languages.

• Phase 2 : (1 month)
    EOS in a Box integration
    Ticketing and rating development
    Donation and payment development
    Hiring Eden members to become support representatives

• Phase 3: TBD
    On chain referral program smart contract and deployment
    NFT integration
    EOS User support Treasury smart contract and EOS token distribution to contractors.

• Phase 4: (TBD)
    Fully implementing EOS custodial service using EOS in the box

• Phase 5: (TBD)
    Integration with EOS Arbitration services

Multi-sig Administrators

• Randall Roland
  • Joshua Seymour
  • Dario Cesaro
  • Gracie Lau
  • Brandon Lovejoy
  • TBA
  • TBA

EOS User Representatives:

• Ongoing recruitment

EOS Writers and Content Creators:

• Ongoing recruitment

Future Action:

• EOS Custodial services
  • EOS Arbitration services
  • EOS support for other EOS businesses and projects
  • Help with Eden on EOS onboarding
  • Data Tracking/ Data Analyzing of most problems user are faced with on EOS
  • Onboarding Courses for EOS
  • Onboarding Courses for Eden
  • Help Organize Hackathons and Other Event Organization for EOS
  • Content Management of EOS Wikipedia and Everipedia pages

Joint Accountabilities:

• EOS Marketing group (EOS Bees)
  • NovaCrypto LTD (Mind-Map)
  • Ami (Eos in a box)
  • EOS Costa Rica (EOS Rate)
  • Pizza.live
  • Chris Barnes (Eden Transparency Rep)
  • Aaron Cox (GreyMass)

Needs:

• EOS Support representatives
  • EOS and Eden Community support
  • Donations and Grants
7 Likes

Would go a long way toward improving the community. Hope I can help.

I like your thoughts. As I mentioned in Telegram, it would be interesting to see how one could approach this using the https://qubicles.io/ software running on Telos. The funding would have to go into a pool that pays out to people who have provided support.

Potential problems:

If we pay people to provide customer service, then it seems there should be a mechanism in place to avoid mass spam. We want to encourage quality over quantify, and we want to make sure that people are not simply emptying the pool of funds via a Sybil attack/pretending to be the questioner and the support at the same time.

I do see a slight decentralization problem with it though… who gets to decide what the service message includes? Who sets the standard? When is a question deemed properly answered and who decides? As with public schools, who decides the curriculum?

If I get to control the message, then I become a sort of authority figure that herds the sheep. If people are simply asking “what wallet to use?” or “where to buy EOS?” etc. this can be exploited for profit. I could simply keep guiding people towards projects I am heavily invested in.

I’m having trouble visualizing exactly what you hope to achieve. A cryptocurrency-enabled Stack Overflow might be a better idea. Still, whenever there’s a faucet with crypto tokens, that attracts scammers.

Funding/big donations to the platform as a whole would be directed into EOS support acct to be distributed as UBI to EOS support reps. % of funds would be used to develop educational courses, improvement of the EOS support platform and attempt to expand the platform into other languages.

To prevent sybil attack/pretending, only trusted entity from Eden would be support reps.*

There will be ratings. Customer ratings will encourage quality service.

Eden process of consensus-building would be used to decide on what standards are set and the message. The Idea is to support the best projects and authenticators in the EOS community.

Customer satisfaction would help reps decide on how the support team is doing as a whole

Each rep will have their identity tied to their accts (Eden members only).

I hope to create an EOS support platform better than what we have currently. The status quo of people spending most of their time in telegram groups to answer questions for free should be improved.

2 Likes

Hey Palmer,

I wrote the first Music NFT standard here, GitHub - currentxchange/Music-NFT-Standard: 👩‍🎤 cXc.world's Schema Recommendation for Music NFTs 💿 on Atomic Assets on WAX blockchain ⛓️,

We’re also a music mapp (cXc.world) that plans to put this into a simple form on out website.

I’d love to work together towards the goal of furthering emerging artists + Music!

We also focus on helping the small artists.

Let’s talk!

1 Like

Hi friend!

I’ve seen your standard for music on AtomicHub. It seems to me an important contribution, congratulations.

I left this message on the forum a few months ago and since then I have been working on a project to bring more artists to EOS. We are very close to launch but we will really start small and grow.

Maybe you could do something here. I will write you by telegram.

count me in. I would like to be a part of the EOS Swarm Representatives that solve problems for the greater community…

EOS Project & Voting Portal Proposal

We just need 2000 EOS, which can be repayable taken from collected fees!
1st Phase built and usable within a few weeks

It is quite apparent that the EOS / Eden community urgently need a single online web location (Website that can be logged in via their EOS account) for the following via a phased approach:

1. Candidate Project funding - Uploading of EOS project proposals requiring funding
  2. Voting system - The website will allow EOS token holders to log in (via their wallet) and vote on their favourite Candidate & project proposal, the voting majority will enable the winning team/s full/partial funding
  3. Work required - Uploading of any EOS Task / Job / Project that members need completing
  4. Bidding - Freelancers/Suppliers can bid for various work requirements advertised on the site ie Developers, Designers, Hosting, Support, Bloggers etc, bids are placed over a set time period and then the best bids are chosen and accepted
  5. Suppliers KPI Star ratings league table - Customers of completed work packages will have the ability to leave feedback on a std questionnaire (Star rating) on Suppliers who have completed tasks ie Suppliers who are in the EOS community, provide quality work at a fair price and deliver on time and budget will get maximum stars, this will help identify the best teams through their place in the league table
  6. Project status visibility - Funded project teams (we suggest) will need to update their project status on this site before further stage funds are released, for full project status visibility, useful for keeping projects on track and improve fund allocation
  7. Completed Projects - location to view all completed tasks/projects (chronological order) work history, end results, URL’s etc

If this proposal is successful, I believe this will be instrumental in massively speeding up the current project funding process, standardising project documentation, improve accountability which will not only increase the current/future EOS development take-up but will help to build our EOS network and in turn increase the token value.

Key Points (Phase 1)

• Single website location EOSProject.io to provide visibility of EOS only Candidates & projects requiring funding from Eden & or third party’s
  • Project Portal users will need to login on-site using their EOS account to view/register/upload / vote projects
  • Project owner/candidate registration, details of organization are captured
  • Proposer uploads project/s requiring funding (10 EOS* fee per project proposal (system self-sustainable)),
  • All Project funding proposals uploaded become visible on-site (filterable) showing overview of project(s), negotiable/non-negotiable tasks, funding required/proposed fund % allocations, project timelines, ROI, benefits to EOS community i.e., increased network effect / token price increase
  • Project Funding Requests are categorised and grouped by Project type in alphabetical / date submission order/votes received, the requests will show high-level detail to maximise the number of requests per page, each request view can be expanded to view more detailed information i.e. Owners, Project detail, funding value required, Fund % allocation, the purpose of the project, estimated project timelines, estimated ROI, potential value to EOS and its community (financial / network growth) links to additional Project documentation
  • Voting system to allow EOS token holders to vote for their top 3 separate projects suitable for funding (through their EOS account)
  • Candidates / Projects with the most votes go to the top of the Projects league table
  • Project Funding allocation will be provided after the voting time window has expired, the projects with the highest votes receive the agreed fund allocations (over periods specified)
  • Projects funds allocated page and status i.e. completed, ongoing, paused

Funds (If granted the 2000 EOS)

100% Development of phase 1 (John Heeter creator of EOS Power-Up)

Situation Appraisal

We urgently need a single location for EOS Candidate project funding visibility

Project Objectives

• Provide Candidates (Developers / Project owners) ability to access EDEN funding
  • Provide EOS Community members visibility and voting opportunities for EOS Projects
  • Improve EOS development funding allocation and visibility
  • Improve visibility of EDEN funded projects

Measures of Success

• System delivered on time and budget
  • System provides functionality highlighted in phase 1
  • Multiple EOS projects uploaded and visible
  • Voting and funding process works
  • Funding provided
  • Completed projects through funding benefits the EOS community

Return on Investment

• Increased Project development
  • Increased network effect