EOSCommunity.org Forums

Eden Genesis Convention Agenda & Peace Treaty

that makes sense and is encouraging given I have the same curiosity there. Looking forward to see if I get a few invites over the next few days/week or so.

Yes I’m thinking the same here :grinning::+1: go EOS :rocket:

1 Like

1. The people on the Genesis Call shall make up the initial Board upon agreeing to the Peace Treaty and making a Membership Donation of 10 EOS. They shall have the power to propose and ratify bylaws until such time as the first election occurs.

2. Each individual invited after the Genesis Call must be invited by 3 members on the same video conference call and upon reading the Peace Treaty and bylaws will make a “Membership Donation” of 10 EOS confirming their agreement to abide by them as enacted by the current representative leaders.

3. Upon the conclusion of the first election cycle, after reading and agreeing to the Peace Treaty and bylaws as enacted by the current representative leaders, an invitation by 2 members will be required with confirmation of entry from a randomly selected elected official on the same video conference call, after which a “Membership Donation” of 10 EOS will be made by the individual wishing to become a member.

Thoughts? I expanded a little bit, specified a bit more in the wording, and added the 10 EOS, I don’t know if that’s still going, or the amount is subject to change?

Other than that I am glad it’s out and we’re moving. Thanks for putting this together, and I look forward to being of as much service as possible.

I thought the same thing, it could be looked at both ways. As difficult as it seems to get rid of bad BPs now.

I don’t know if this number is to low and should be raised to 20 or 25% for the petition.

1 Like

Very exciting times indeed. The Peace Treaty is just the beginning - in case you have not read these links. This info helps to provide background.

Dan’s Book

Eden - Part 1

Eden - Part 2

Eden Roadmap

2 Likes

@benobi Thank you. This should be a post - Make it a wiki post if you have permission. We could keep all the relevant posts together.

1 Like

Definitely - this is just a breadcrumb for now until I level up.

I wonder why you call it ‘peace treaty’ in the your book and Eden. ‘Peace treaty’ assumes that parties involved are already at war and is formal agreement of both sides to end it. Why is it peace treaty while it could be just a consensus or agreement, etc? (Does it sound odd to me because English is not my first language?)

2 Likes

The wiki page is live —> What is EdenOS?

Thanks for the suggestion.

Because under nature we are at war with no agreement. We may not be actively firing shots but everything is fair game.

6 Likes

Presenting a peace treaty to someone you’ve never met and saying accept or i care nothing of your well being, is essentially declaring war.

@Headieddie where did you read or hear that if you don’t sign, we don’t care about your well being?

1 Like

I believe the case being made, is that there is no war to essentially declare, as we are in a state of war by default “under nature” until we come to an agreement on how we are going to govern ourselves. This is assuming there is no government, no state, no country and no preexisting knowledge of any previous rule of law. If you were to meet someone in the wilderness between the US and Mexico, where the border disappears, and they look like they are not from the side you are coming from, under what customs, rules, laws do you interact with them? Would you be cautious, aggressive, or friendly? How would they interact with you?

I would also categorize this description, generally speaking, as an antagonistic theoretical extreme put forth to incite a discussion, as it cannot be applied to the real world since we are currently living under a “Peace Treaty” known as the Law of the Land depending on your country of residence. Even if you went to Syria, Iraq, Somalia, Mali, or Afghanistan/Pakistan you would quickly realize there is a rule of law between man and it is Tribal or derived from religion or a mix. In general, there is no need to put forth a “Peace Treaty” to anyone, everyone knows by which the other is governed. The only time you need to put forth a “Peace Treaty” is if you want to change the status quo and inform everyone of the new rules.

https://forums.eoscommunity.org/t/i-dont-agree-with-dan-larimers-idea-of-protecting-everyones-life-and-property/2336/3?u=mozds

Sadly I agree with concept behind the words, even if also I reacted negatively to “Peace treaty” initially but it makes sense after reading responses here. Must admit not yet taken the time needed to read the MEA even if downloaded and Chuck’s pod just halfway through so just in beginnings!

I get your point, but then I’m from NYC. Often not a lot of room to move around without essentially playing football with the crowd.

Foresight: those who love peace appreciate it preconceive. Those who don’t either hesitate that true peace can exist, or wish to dominate. Can’t imagine anyone here in EOScommunity would be the latter (at least at this point). Doubt anyone/thing of power sees this community as a threat.

This treaty is a sort of a contract, but it doesn’t have any termination clause. How does one exit from it?

Why would you want to ?

My point is, if it is an agreement, there should be a procedure for ending it.