EOSCommunity.org Forums

Eden Gatherings

I can’t wait for the first in-person Eden gathering. :slightly_smiling_face: That’s going to be wild.

But until then, here’s a thought.

I like the idea of random Eden gatherings organized in a similar fashion as the test election we did yesterday, but more informal, and more relational.

These gatherings wouldn’t be purely about the outcome, more like the outcome would be a function of the group. In that way, they could be more about what are the interests and goals of the participants, and being that we are largely drawn from the EOS community, that would be reflected, but not necessarily the goal.

I think our emergent community would really begin to understand itself and each other through more frequent communications and consensus-building exercises.

Especially, if they were even remotely productive. So, say at the end of a gathering, the theme of which could be anything or nothing at all, we all agree we’re going to send 5 EOS each to whatever the group reaches consensus on, for whatever reason.

Or, it could be even lower stakes.

Or the stakes could be non-monetary, like all agreeing to take certain actions at a certain time.

In this way, we would build our abilities in forming consensus.

It’s like consensus calisthenics.

Who wants to try it?

7 Likes

I like the idea and will be looking forward to it.

2 Likes

Love the idea. I’m in schedule permitting. The question is always who / what will organize? Decentralization is great because it’s hard to censor, but it also makes it hard to coordinate. The Eden alphas was a success because a small group of people worked very hard behind the scenes on it.

1 Like

Interesting and interested.

2 Likes

sounds good. I would like to participate!

1 Like

Welcome stauffelbakeracolyte !

2 Likes

I mean, it won’t take much organization… I have a paid zoom account. Anyone who wants could jump into a zoom call after one of Dan’s Monday calls, or we could pick any time during the week and go that route. I’ll put together the first one. The initiative gets the punishment, as they say. :wink:

1 Like