EOSCommunity.org Forums

Eden Foundation & WPS Draft Proposals

This is my take on honestly brilliant propositions by Dan and many of those in the EOS GOV Telegram channel, as well as the comments section to Dan’s Governance Draft Parts 1 and 2. We are making progress and I hope we can all bring this to fruition, and look forward to the Communities insights.

6 Likes

Thank you for putting this together. It is a good starting point!

2 Likes

Looks good so far. One semantic issue… “High Councillor” sounds very ostentatious and suggests entitlement. “High Steward” to my mind implies responsibility. From Ancient Egypt to Scotland, the High Steward was the official appointed by the ruling monarch to govern in their name, to look after their wealth. As the people of the EOS Community are effectively replacing the kings of old, ushering in a new form of civilization, “High Steward” feels more appropriate… :grinning: Of course the Stewards became kings in Scotland too, but let’s ignore that one for now…

1 Like

Thank you for putting yours together, and having the strength to come back to the community and build with us. Many of these concepts were being discussed months ago, but it seems they needed your ideas, inspiration, and momentum to build off of.

I think if we consider ourselves a community we have an obligation to look out for its welfare and be responsible contributors of value to it. I look forward to your input, although my intent is that we can generate and iterate together, and reach something not perfect, but good enough to launch and fix accordingly.

I liked “Counselor” because of the connotations of giving advice it had for me. I can understand the critique of ostentatious as I debated whether or not “High” was necessary but decided to go with it, just because it might inspire more interest.

We can drop “High” or change “Council” to “Advisory”, “Viziers”, “Stewards” without the “High”, there are options…worth throwing to the EOS Telegram main channel and seeing what comes out the other side. Eden to be honest grew on me, but wasnt a fan at first. I thought we could make the Likes or Up Votes in the WPS Apples, haha. Giving Apples.

1 Like

LOL… The last thing I would want is to get bogged down in name details. It’s like when a new company comes unstuck cause they spend so much time talking about their name, logo etc…

Eden is good, meaning “delightful place” from ancient Hebrew “edhen” = “pleasure, delight”. Originally from “Aden” in ancient Akkadian / Sumerian language circa 3,500 BC, meaning “well watered plains / ground”…

Your work and commitment is much appreciated.

I agree here. It may seem like it’s not a big deal, but language is crucial. Words have powerful subconscious effects on all of us whether we’re aware of this or not. Which is why we’ve also been working hard to try to communicate using the Non Violent Communication(NVC) principles.

Additionally, we want to cross check english words with other major global languages to ensure they don’t translate into something terrible in another language! We’re very much in need of some great, multi-lingual edenOS community members. So feel free to reach out to me via Telegram @DomenicT. We could certainly use your help!

1 Like