EOSCommunity.org Forums

Eden Delegate Fund Usage (Season 1)

I invite each Eden Delegate to reply with a comment that explains their use of funds during their elected term from October 9th, 2021 until April 9th, 2022.

3 Likes

I received these disbursements from the Eden Treasury:

125.6289 + 121.7408 + 117.9145 + 112.0816 + 106.503 + 101.2091 + 6.414 = 691.4919

Here is how I used the funds:

NOV 05, 2021 – sent 125 EOS to @dobuora for his unpaid community work

NOV 11, 2021 – sent 145 EOS to projects on Pomelo

DEC 30, 2021 – sent 140 EOS to EOS Support

JAN 13, 2022 – sent 130 EOS to EOS Support

FEB 11, 2022 – sent 107 EOS to myself as payment

APR 01, 2022 – sent 70 EOS to projects on Pomelo

That’s a total of 717 EOS spent during my term, which includes some of my own funds.

Remaining Balance of 37 EOS intended for Pomelo

Here is my Eden account for reference:

3 Likes

I received these disbursements from the Eden Treasury:

Nov 11, 2021: 247.3697 EOS
Mar 30, 2022: 437.7082 EOS
Total of 685.0779 EOS

Nov 11, 2021 - sent to Pomelo: 247.3697 EOS to EOS Support, 1 EOS to bywire and 1 EOS to mindweb

Mar 30, 2022 - sent to Pomelo: 350.7082 EOS to EOS Support, 50 EOS to the Referral System (Development by EOS Support), 27 EOS to bywire, 10 EOS to mindweb

That’s a total of 687.0779 EOS spent until today 7. of April 2022.

Remaining Balance (Today 6.4140 EOS) intended for Pomelo (I think I will donate the rest to Bywire).

I have donated to over 70 other Pomelo projects from my own funds, as they were not part of my Eden pitch or Eden promises.

1 Like

I donated to multiple projects / grants on Pomelo as I said I would at the last election,
If you look at my Pomelo account you can see all my donations so far I will be donating further shortly

1 Like

Great Initiative Josh:

Here is my EDEN Usage of Funds Full declaration:

In summary:
101.2091 EOSwithdraw|101.2|
336.4991 EOSwithdraw|336.5|
121.7408 EOSwithdraw|121.75|
125.6289 EOSwithdraw|125.6|

|TOTAL|685|

Funds Spent:

|Pomelo Project Donations| → 479 EOS
|Contributions: 94
Total value: $1,150.34 USD

Donation to the HELP2UKRAINE Campaign → help2ukraine 336.4991 EOS

Total Spent: 815.5 EOS

My EOS Account:

I Believe that EDEN can and should extend having an Impact on EOS, and although providing Value for EOS should be the highest priority, EDEN should also have a social impact in order to promote Fractal Democracy in the outside world

2 Likes

With permission from the 3 in my breakout room during first official election (Term 1) I take liberty copy here below the feedback and similar in Telegram I set up after I was upvoted. A bit late in coming but do this way since requiring more time set it up nicely. Future the accounting so much easier through the “Spend Explorer” by Edenia.
Lennie Niit (@mlninparadise)

211009 MLN - 10 October 2021
Lennie (@mlninparadise) created group «211009 MLN» with members Lennie (@mlninparadise) and 정균🐝 (JG Kim) 김, AG joined group by link from Group,
Lennie, thanks for setting this group chat. Hi Kim.
Lennie, do you need me to upload the video? I tried a few times yesterday but failed due to the timeout errors. Brandon said they would get that fixed.
정김

14:31 정균🐝 (JG Kim) 김
Hello. Good to see you again.^^

15:07 Lennie (@mlninparadise)
I did an upload right after our session but not yet checked if in deed uploaded okey, sure seemed so but best check since seen the chatter about issues. Will advise.

21:48 Lennie (@mlninparadise)
Checked earlier this afternoon and my upload had failed. Got it up okey so all good now. Thanks.

11 October 2021
정김 04:07 정균🐝 (JG Kim) 김
Oh, I’m glad AG has a recording file.

04:11 AG
:+1:t2:

13 October 2021 09:51 Lennie (@mlninparadise)
Just short update on Kim/Lennie that we have scheduled a chat this afternoon after I received some links and information which I am going through today. Have a good day all. :+1:t2::dolphin:

10:47 AG
Thank you for the updates.

25 October 2021 16:52 Lennie (@mlninparadise)
Good afternoon from Europe. Just an update on the NFT project, short one again since me rushy catching up with things after a week of a bad cold (not Covid related).
Asked some days back JG Kim to come up with a way to give project updates on monthly basis and today we looked through this. He done good work in this respect, making it easy to track and similar as I judge it. I will send his initial request (monthly 20 EOS) later today being for October/2021.
We will look at things end of this week and if all good send a 2nd instalment 1st week of Nov/2021 for the month. Also then, if not earlier, I will share with you more detail on his work and also what my thoughts are on funding of any other projects.
I await developments on the pooling of resources forsmaller fund recipients which been discussed but as I know it not yet formalized. Will chase around a bit coming days how this pooling idea is developing so I may get better grip on this before consider own funding alternatives.
Be good. :dolphin:

17:07 AG
Thank you Lennie for the update. You’re doing great work too. :clap::clap:

26 October 2021
정김 00:38 정균🐝 (JG Kim) 김
Thanks Lennie. I confirmed your transaction about this eden funding.
I will proceed my NFT project continuously.

04:40 Lennie (@mlninparadise) In reply to this message
:+1:t2:

14 November 2021 12:46 Lennie (@mlninparadise)
Just short info I back on November 2 sent again 20 EOS to JG Kim for November and we will have a mid month chat in coming days as follow up on progress.
No other funding made yet as been awaiting Pomelo and will read up on these projects. If anyone have particular project in mind let me know and I’ll dig a bit deeper in the same,
More info and some “accounting” coming weekend if my work plan hold firm. Have a good Sunday.

정김 13:22 정균🐝 (JG Kim) 김
Hi Lennie. And AG
I sent an interim report on the progress by today by e-mail.
Although POMELO has released an NFT project, but it didn’t pass yet in POMELO because it is focused on personal nft work. I’m trying to refine myself more over time. If you have any ideas, please give me advice.

13:23

17 November 2021
Hezi H joined group by link from Group

18 November 2021 06:25
Lennie (@mlninparadise)
Welcome Hezi, now the 4 of us who participated in the initial election breakout room #26 gathered.
In weekend I plan take a close look at the Pomelo offerings as well as other options for distribution my small amount of Eden funds. As I have mentioned earlier feel free point out any particular projects or general areas you would like see part of funds go to.
The NFT project favoured by our group has received what JG Kim budgeted (40 EOS - 20 per month Oct/Nov) and continue develop.
@hezihe kindly confirm if you can also see the earlier post in this group going back to October 10.
Have a good day

5 December 2021

13:52 Lennie (@mlninparadise)
Just sent 20 EOS for Dec/21 to JG Kim’s NFT project after seeing his latest report and bit by bit moving in good direction.
I also used large part of funds on hand for Pomelo donations their Round 1 which ended end Nov/21. Donated to already known dapps and number of promising projects. The funds spread out wide so the quadratic effect maximised over many projects this time around.
Hope have the time be able summarize fund distribution with some more detail over coming weekend.
All the best, Lennie

14:15 AG
Thanks for the update Lennie. I was also able to make small contributions to most of the projects up for funding. Just managed to squeeze it in before the deadline. There are indeed many quality projects. Very exciting to see how many of them can come up with significant contributions to the EOS community.

14:31 Lennie (@mlninparadise)
Me as well got in on the last day, flat out busy now-a-days and few months ahead. Very promising activities and great interest build and/or make better as seen in Pomelo. Looking good for the future.

22:02 Hezi H
Thanks for the update. I hope it succeed. The market is a bloodbath right now
6 December 2021

18:47 Lennie (@mlninparadise)
:+1::dolphin:

7 December 2021 정김 00:57 정균🐝 (JG Kim) 김
Thanks you for the update.
정김

02:24 정균🐝 (JG Kim) 김
Pomelo project and other projects will be the better. It makes EOS environment good!
25 December 2021

정김 01:57 정균🐝 (JG Kim) 김
Dear All,
Happy Merry christmas!
I hope you are happy today~ :smiley:

14:38 AG
Thanks Kim, Merry Christmas! Hope the EOS community keeps improving and building!
정김

15:48 정균🐝 (JG Kim) 김
Sure~ I convince EOS community keep going to improve our circumstance and life.

15:49

6 February 2022

12:22 Lennie (@mlninparadise)

Better late than never a saying befitting this my overdue update on how I spent Eden funds so far.

12:23
I talk with Kim this afternoon as we do monthly and he is chugging away bit by bit as you might have seen in his reports by email. He continue receive requested 20 EOS monthly in support. So far 80 EOS with another 20 EOS due at moment for February 2022.
Pomelo round one had me donate my balance held at the time over a large group of projects as discussed and agreed among delegates to give maximum support overall. This then to some known proven projects as well as promising start ups vetted by Pomelo. In short quadratic funding give most value with many small amounts over wide range of projects. Most projects received 1 EOS donation, basically I emptied my balance of Eden funds at the time.
You can see which projects I donated to via this link https://pomelo.io/profile
I also have taken the 10% of incoming funds mentioned back in election room, a small remuneration for my work in the space.
Currently Eden fund balance with me is 266.9961 EOS. Eden delegates in agreement best way forward with any not used funds best saved until next Pomelo round thereby for maximum value.
Have a great day, Lennie

7 February 2022 11:21 Hezi H
thanks for the update

12:11 AG
Thanks Lennie. A lot of positive developments in EOS. It will be a long and windy road but I think it will be well worth it.

정김 14:09 정균🐝 (JG Kim) 김
In reply to this message
:pray: Thanks for your summary.

16:02 Lennie (@mlninparadise)
:+1::dolphin:

3 April 2022 13:12 Lennie (@mlninparadise)
New Pomelo season and i aim to start look over projects for support from the Eden funds received.
After these words will look over Pomelo, possibly even make an application myself, plus of course look at which projects I as Eden delegate might select for a small donation. Any projects you find of particular interest?

9 April 2022 11:20 Lennie (@mlninparadise)
Hi guys, the 9th is here - Eden Election #2.
I mainly once again wish to say thankyou for entrusting me back in October as delegate for our group in the first election. It has in large part turned me into the plans ahead I have onward.
Since our previous election I signed a work contract in the physical World, ends June 10 this year, which was not part of my plan earlier. I simply could not say no to the extra FIAT on offer. The job been too much in the sense it took 10+12 hour per day which stopped me do what I had wanted for Eden and EOS.
The saying “Nothing bad without something good with” something I believe in. In this instance it gave me chance ponder and evaluate how I may best use my skillset and experience for EOS and Eden. If interested look it up - Pomelo
Been thinking much on this and believe this the best fit for me. If works well and deemed good for the community I might build a team to achieve more. Need be like minded “neutral” aggregators and a bit of tight “editorial” control, which I would put in place for any new members in such team until proven their ways. Maybe even crosschain #recaps in future, who knows.
On accounting side, since last word in February, paid out as agreed first election (and requested by) JG Kim and pay myself the 10% as I set forth from start.
The balance not yet withdrawn from Eden treasury was 461.1222 EOS before I withdrew it few minutes back. I withdrew as not sure if/how this amount get affected by new election and pay out etc.
So taken out and I hold until distributed including Round 2 Pomelo projects. Will be spending time study these in coming days.
Have a good day and hopefully see some of you in bundle of hours.

11:20

10 April 2022 정김 02:56 정균🐝 (JG Kim) 김
Alright. Lennie.
Thank you let us know.

06:02 Lennie (@mlninparadise)
Yesterday a good day for Eden as I see it, strong business and marketing skill among Chief Delegates.
I withdrew my candidacy for Michael from Bywire as he the better choice in current phase of the EOS and Eden developments as I see it.
I look forward to Easter weekend chat with Kim on progress and donation out of Eden balance still with me.
Wish you all a great Sunday.

정김 06:23 정균🐝 (JG Kim) 김
Thank you for working hard as the delegate. Let’s wrap up this week well and move on as EDEN members.
I also participated to the Eden election yesterday and I shared my project. I withrew too.
Randall became a delegate.

06:26 EOSDAO project was approved (pomelo)
The project that I gathered ideas with my team members since last February was approved by Pomelo.
It’s not enough, but we’ll proceed to help the EOS ecosystem.
I ask for your interest in our project.
Check out the full proposal here. :Pomelo

06:26 Have a good day!! ^^

07:40 Lennie (@mlninparadise)
:+1:

10:31 AG
Hi Lennie and Kim, great to hear from you guys. Lennie, I really appreciate what you’re doing and totally agree with you regarding how time consuming it is to sift through all the messages in the numerous EOS community channels in Telegram. The thoughts are so fragmented and brilliant ideas get lost in no time. Your recaps help a lot. I had a similar idea a while back and had started an announcements only channel called “The Pulse of EOS” to post a summary of the day’s discussions from variuos fragmented EOS channels in one place. It never went anywhere because no one volunteered to do the necessary work to summarize from each channel. There was no incentive. Now that you have taken this task seriously, and actually started a Pomelo project, perhaps the incentive will draw more volunteers. I will totally donate to your project. And yours too Kim.

정김 12:29 정균🐝 (JG Kim) 김
In reply to this message
I totally agree. And Thank you for saying that. AG!

12:43 Lennie (@mlninparadise)
In reply to this message
Thanks. Yes I totally agree there is great value to be had if one aggregate EOS material. So much ideas and thoughts of value get lost and forgotten, seen it in so many places during my years. I might approach you for thoughts on this near future. Have a good day.

11 April 2022 18:43 Lennie (@mlninparadise)
Small update today went through all the Pomelo projects and most received my donation - some a bit more than others. Still balance held and will give added feedback once Pomely season 2 ends.
18:43 https://pomelo.io/profile?tab=contributions

23 April 2022 13:01 Lennie (@mlninparadise)
Just informing I now concluded my last donations Pomelo wise before round 2 close in few hours. Link above show all. Have a good weekend.

정김 23:25 정균🐝 (JG Kim) 김
In reply to this message
Thank for sharing it.
Have a good weekend.

24 April 2022 08:07 Lennie (@mlninparadise)
In reply to this message
:+1:

22 December 2022 19:30 Lennie (@mlninparadise)
Would you three agree with me export/share this chat content as a file and add such link in this spreadsheet for Eden delegate accountability?
“Cleaning up” so to say so Eden members can get an idea how I accounted for funds and similar, without me need spend too much time setting it up in different format.

정김 23:42 정균🐝 (JG Kim) 김
In reply to this message
Lennie. I agree.

23:45 Lennie (@mlninparadise)
Thanks Kim, await word from others.

Hezi H 23.12.2022 13:39:40
so yes, share what ever you want

3 January 2023 08:51 AG
In reply to this message
Please go ahead.

10:13 Lennie (@mlninparadise)
Thanks, will do later today. With Edenias “Spend Explorer” so much easier onward, if delegates adapt tx memo field and similar.
I even consider separate new account for Eden funds only, for easy and clear picture where funds move and similar.
Yes, I intend be a candidate again but this time pushing upward unless I get in room with one of the few really good ones.
Eden need delegate(s) with good first hand experience in Governance and shaping cearly and well defined Bylaws.
Happy New Year all.