EOSCommunity.org Forums

Changing owner key of account managed by Anchor Mobile Wallet

I’d like to secure my account that I created with the Anchor Wallet (on iOS) so that I change the owner key with one managed by a Ledger Nano S device. Here is what I did so far.

• I wanted to change the owner key in the MacOS Anchor wallet.
  • My account’s active key was already imported into the MacOS Anchor wallet.
  • I have my “Owner Key Certificate” pdf + the 6 secret word (encryption key).
  • With the help of the “Owner Key Certificate” I imported the owner key back into the Mobile Wallet (the only reason I did this to be able to decrypt the private key. I’m not sure that’s the best way to do it.)
  • So I copied the private key from the mobile and imported it into the MacOS Anchor wallet.
  • Problem: I see the owner key (in Tools / Manage Keys section) but it is not associated with the account. So when I go the Tools / Permissions I cannot change the owner key of my account.
  • I can tell that the imported owner key matches the owner key of my account. (The public keys are the same).

I got stuck here in the process. How can I tell the MacOS Wallet that those key are the same?

Thanks for the help,

Dávid

Did you use the “Import Key” option from within Tools / Manage Keys? If so, that doesn’t automatically setup the account, it just imports the key.

You should be able to either:

1. Under Manage Wallets, click Import Account and then the Automatically Detect option. It’ll scan all the keys you have imported for potential wallets you could setup.
  2. Under Manage Wallets, click Import Account and then use the Import by Private Key option. Paste the private key there and it should see youraccount@owner as a valid target.

You could also use the owner key as its imported into the iOS version as well, as opposed to importing the owner key back into desktop.

Here’s the rough instructions I believe would work… but as with anything involving your owner key, be absolutely sure you’re setting the right key otherwise you could be losing access to the account.

• Scan the Owner Key Certificate and enter the 6 words.
  • When it finds the accounts, use the “Advanced Options” and the “Import Owner Key” option. This will load the owner key into Anchor on iOS for usage.
  • Grab the Public Key associated with your Ledger Nano S.
  • On either desktop or mobile, log in to bloks.io using Anchor mobile. When selecting the account to log in with, use the correct account that has @owner after it.
  • Go to https://www.bloks.io/wallet/permissions/advanced
  • In the list of permissions, click the Permission that says “Owner”. It should expand to look like this:

• Change the public key in the box in the middle to match the public key of your Ledger.
  • Hit the green “Save” button that appears in the upper right of that box.
  • Approve the request on your mobile device.

Thanks for help aaron!

yes, I’ve used the “Import Key” from Tools / Manage Keys. Just it was not clear to my how can I associate the imported PK with my account.

But this worked well. And after that I could perform the permission changes.

1 Like