EOSCommunity.org Forums

Can't create account with ledger public key

Hello,

I just got my new ledger. I followed all the steps to set up the wallet with anchor, and got my public key. Now when trying to make a new account on bloks.io with my public key, I’m having this issue:

transaction declares authority ‘{“actor”:“tup3khg3dgcz”,“permission”:“active”}’, but does not have signatures for it under a provided delay of 0 ms, provided permissions [], provided keys

I am trying to pay the fees using another account linked to my anchor wallet which has 60 EOS in it.

thanks in advance,
D

A few things:

• Make sure you’re on the most recent version of Anchor (1.2.4 as of this writing).
  • Try logging out of bloks.io and back in again using Anchor.

If neither of those work, then it’s possible the keys you have loaded in Anchor aren’t the correct keys for that account anymore. One thing you can do is remove the account from Anchor (from the Manage Accounts area) and try to reimport it again. You can import using the button within the Manage Accounts area but just make sure you have your keys backed up and then use the “Import via Private Key” option during the process. Using the other options may lead to setting it up incorrectly and getting this error.

If you have problems importing, there’s a thread for that with some info:

Thanks for your reply! I could finally get the account created on blok, but for some reason it didn’t copy the right memo and now I have no clue who that public key belongs to (it’s not one of my ledger). I can try to create another account, but first I wanted to know if there’s a way to change the public key so it is linked to my ledger. I created the account paying with another account I had. Thanks

You can change the keys on an account, but it’s required that you have the keys that are currently set on it. So if you can import and control the account, you can change the keys.