EOSCommunity.org Forums

Anchor wallet stress my cpu

Hello,

There is a bug with Anchor wallet and i have a friend who got the same issue.

Basically, after i close Anchor it can happen that processes don’t close.

Here is a screenshot of my task manager

Brave and Anchor are both close but proc are still running, also the bug doesn’t necessarily occur with Brave as parent proc, sometime there are only Anchor processes but same issue, my cpu end up behing stress.

I’m not on the last version (1.3.4) but my friend which is on (1.3.7) also get the bug.

We have seen this on a few different machines but haven’t been able to find the root cause yet. We suspect it has something to do with one of the processes terminating and restarting, but the process that’s being terminated isn’t actually closing out - so you end up with multiple dead processes running in the background.

We’ll keep looking… I know it’s annoying to have these dead processes floating around and sorry about the headaches!

1 Like

its more than a headache, it take your entire CPU alot of the time and its just meant to be running in the background. any updates on fixing it ?

1 Like

Hey Aaron,

Is there any bug bounty reward for Anchor ? Maybe i can find time to try to debug this if there is one (not now but in few weeks as we’re all already busy dev).

Otherwise i can understand this kind of bug is a struggle to debug, For each try you will need to spend several minutes only to trigger the bug.

Sadly no, we’ve never had any sort of formal bug bounty or way to pay for community contributions like this. This bug however is one that I’d probably go out of my way to make sure we could pay something for - though honestly, I’m not sure the bounty would match the level of effort it’d require to fix. I only say this because I’ve spent a lot of hours trying to figure out exactly what causes this :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I’m having the same issue and i’ve also noticed that i get repeated pop-ups from anchor to sign the same transaction twice. I’ll try to complete a transaction and sign using anchor on desktop, and then 5-10 seconds later it pops up asking me to sign the same transaction. I’m assuming these issues may be related.

Which website are you using that it is popping up twice on? Wondering if it’s the website/app potentially sending it multiple time :thinking: