EOSCommunity.org Forums

Anchor Desktop not signing the transaction

First, I have to say Anchor wallet is awesome, packed with features and easy to use. Greymass is doing a fantastic job developing this tool.

I am having trouble integrating Anchor wallet for signing transactions. I currently use UAL libraries, supporting multiple wallets. Login works across the board, however, when I try to use Anchor to sign any transaction, I get the popup with count down timer saying “Please open Anchor app on chnor Desktop to review and sign the transaction.”. However, when I switch to Anchor desktop, I don’t see any prompt to sign transaction. The same code works with Scatter wallet.
Screen Shot 2020-10-08 at 11.09.31 AM

Here is my code snippet of how to trigger transaction signing, user is the authenticator object from UAL.
const transaction = {
actions: [{
account: ‘eosio.token’,
name: ‘transfer’,
authorization: [{
actor: user.accountName,
permission: ‘active’,
}],
data: {
to: this.pool.account,
quantity: 1.0000 EOS,
memo: Test
}
}]
}
return user.signTransaction(transaction, {})

Anyone knows why Anchor wallet not prompting to sign the transaction?

Which version of Anchor are you using?

We have been in bug fixing mode, and if you’re not on the latest, that might be the cause. The most recent is 1.1.6, with 1.1.7 coming out soon with more fixes.

One other thing that it might be, which users have reported, is that occasionally the wallet loses connection and isn’t automatically reconnecting. If you are on the latest version, does restarting Anchor cause it to prompt?

I am using Version 1.1.6. I tried to reload or force to reload Anchor multiple times, it’s not helping.

Btw, I am seeing this console error,

Access to XMLHttpRequest at ‘https://cb.anchor.link/2de5e822-2582-42c7-b170-5089698f87bd’ from origin ‘http://localhost:8100’ has been blocked by CORS policy: No ‘Access-Control-Allow-Origin’ header is present on the requested resource.

ERROR Error: Unable to reach link service (Network request failed)
at AnchorUser. (AnchorUser.js:46)
at Generator.throw ()
at rejected (AnchorUser.js:6)
at ZoneDelegate.invoke (zone-evergreen.js:364)
at Object.onInvoke (core.js:27437)
at ZoneDelegate.invoke (zone-evergreen.js:363)
at Zone.run (zone-evergreen.js:123)
at zone-evergreen.js:857
at ZoneDelegate.invokeTask (zone-evergreen.js:399)
at Object.onInvokeTask (core.js:27425)

Hrm, that’s interesting. The CORS headers are definitely set on that server and returning properly.

If you try our UAL demo, do you experience the same errors? I wonder if something between our server and you is manipulating the calls to cb.anchor.link and causing errors.

The demo can be found here:

https://greymass.github.io/ual-reactjs-renderer-demo-multipass/

I am getting the same exception on console. Again, login is fine, don’t see the prompt to sign test transaction.

Access to XMLHttpRequest at ‘https://cb.anchor.link/2de5e822-2582-42c7-b170-5089698f87bd’ from origin ‘https://greymass.github.io’ has been blocked by CORS policy: No ‘Access-Control-Allow-Origin’ header is present on the requested resource.

Alright - so it does have something to do with networking issues as opposed to something code related. I’m able to use that demo without issues. We’ll have to look into why that server cannot be reached properly.

In the mean time for your development purposes, when logging in, you can use the toggle right below the account selector in Anchor to turn off “Sessions”, and then it should prompt correctly by just using the local URI handlers.

A screenshot of the UI element I’m referring to during the login.

Great, thank you for the help!

1 Like

We deployed a small diagnostic tool to try and track down what’s going on.

https://greymass.github.io/anchor-link-diagnostics/

If you visit that page, do the few tests at the top of the page succeed? I’d be curious to know what’s failing there. The page should have all 3 passing currently:

Hi new to the whole EOS/Anchor experience. I am suddenly experiencing the same issue as above. The transactions were working before but no longer.
From the test the Link DNS is red.

Ah we moved servers recently and I think the “Link DNS” was red for everyone. That should be fixed now.

What app for you is no longer working? The first thing I’d probably recommend is logging out and back into the app - see if that resolves the issue for you. Doing that will basically reinitialize the connection between the app and Anchor itself.

ok will test out tomorrow. Thx. I was trying Wax testnet.

Ok I have all green lights but sadly still receiving the same error.

1 Like

Where is the error occurring exactly? Mind sending over a screenshot of what you’re seeing? You mentioned it was the same as above, but I’d like to verify.

Also - did you try logging out of the application and back in again?

It works. I realized I that I did not log out of Anchor completely. Thank you for help.

I have the same issue. ESR links work, so I can add an account in eosauthority for example, but the “direct” integration that happens when I click “pay for power” for example doesn’t work (it is stuck telling me to accept the request but no request ever pops up).

When I go through all my windows with Alt+Tab/Alt+Esc there is no signing request to be found anywhere. But it seems it sort-of opens somehow because if I then go and use “add account” again (which makes the browser ask me if I want to open Anchor, and works) then the window pops up and shows the previous signing request for a second (the one that previously didn’t show up) before it changes to the identity verification request.

It does work on the diagnostics page by the way, just not in eosauthority.

I found a workaround though: If I open Anchor and the browser next to each other and then I type esr: in the browser, I get a signature request window with “unsupported protocol version” - but at least I got that window. If I then quickly click the submit button of the actual transaction in eosauthority (e.g. “pay for power”) I can see the request and sign it.

Thanks for the heads up! We’ll have to do some testing on eosauthority and see if we can reproduce.

If eosauthority is the only thing not working, and the link diagnostics or bloks.io seems to work alright, it might be an issue with eosauthority (which I’ll be able to help them with).

Hi, I can’t seem to connect to bloks.io using anchor desktop wallet (mac OS version)… Here’s the error I’m getting when trying to open the diagnostic link you shared earlier :

Any clue of what’s happening ?

Which browser, and do you have any browser extensions that might be blocking things?

We’ve seen adblockers and some other privacy trackers end up blocking the requests to the wallet. Maybe try a different browser, disabling some extensions, or if its Brave - lower the shields.