EOSCommunity.org Forums

Anchor 1.2.3 Released (Desktop)

New Anchor release this afternoon for desktop.

This update is mainly to address issues in UX and some bugs in the UI, with a few foundational changes to how requests are handled for use in a future update.

I’m also trying out just using the forums for announcing new releases first (like this). If you have issues with this release or want to report something new, feel free to use this thread to do so. After a couple days of it being available here and no major issues are found, we’ll turn on the in-app notifications for updates and post on social media to let a wider audience know.

Listed below are the release notes from Github:

Changes

• Created a new “Pending Requests” sidebar item that will only appear when an outstanding requests is awaiting next steps. This currently displays incoming signing requests from external applications but will be used in future processes as well.
  • The “Tools” section of the app is now hidden during the setup process and only available after an account has been setup. You can still access these tools by going into Settings (gear in the upper right) and enabling “Advanced User Options”.
  • Signing Requests are enabled by default now for new installations. The controls on the home screen are no longer shown to enable/disable this interaction, and instead that control has moved into the Settings section of the app.
  • Added a Reset Application button into the Settings section of the app. It’s in the very bottom in a category labeled as dangerous actions.

Bug Fixes

• Fixed a cryptic “Symbol” error that could occur if the wallet was unlocked from a signing request instead of from the main wallet.
  • Fixed an issue where staking/claiming tokens could result in an “Invalid Private Key” error message.
  • Fixed an issue where the WAX blockchain Resources section was crashing.
  • Changed how signing requests are triggered on app startup to resolve an issue where requests wouldn’t appear on the same screen.
  • Resetting additional token balance/price data on blockchain swap to correct an issue with incorrect fiat values being displayed.
2 Likes

Having issues with 1.2.3, not enable to claim refunded tokens.
also using Chrome, getting to launch Anchor from Bloks.io, I get to the QR screen and then open the anchor wallet but bloks explorer is not allowing me to log in…going into circle.
Bloks.io->login->anchor->open wallet-> then nothing Bloks.io is not allowing to log in.
Any help?

This error typically means the API node you’re connected with isn’t responding properly. We really need to clean that error message up so it makes more sense and explains this.

I’d say try again - see if the API responds properly on the 2nd try.

For this, I’d recommend going into the Settings (gear in the top right) and make sure that “Allow signing requests from external applications” (the 3rd option) is set to allow.

1 Like