EOSCommunity.org Forums

All EdenOS Members Now Have @eden FIO Addresses

EdenOS, if successful, will build a trusted, Sybil attack resistant network where you can confidently send and receive value to other real humans without having to rely on a government ID or KYC/AML procedure. Hopefully, this community will extend beyond just EOS (who I still hope will be the primary beneficiary) to include other cryptocurrency communities and projects. Most members of Eden will own more than just EOS.

How will we transact together easily and securely in a joyful way across all these different cryptocurrencies?

The elected members of EdenOS will steward resources on behalf of the community and decide who deserves those resources according to project milestones and deliverables. They may decide to diversify their token holdings to build partnerships with other foundations and DACs/DAOs such the Foundation for Interwallet Operability (http://fioprotocol.io/) or the Casper Labs’ incubated DEVxDAO (https://www.devxdao.com/). I do not believe one currency will rule them all. I believe interoperability is the future path towards more freedom and self-sovereignty, and that’s why I work as the managing director for the foundation supporting the FIO Protocol.

Cryptocurrency has to be easier and more fun to use. It has to include human-readable addresses, private, decentralized payment requests, and memos to know what the transaction was about, similar to what most people get and expect from centralized solutions like PayPal, Venmo, and their banking app. To help facilitate this, I’ve decided to use a portion of the FIO Address giveaway tokens from the FIO community treasury entrusted to the foundation to register FIO addresses for all EdenOS members.

I wrote a script you can see here which queries the genesis.eden members table and for status=1 members, it obtains their EOS active public key and uses it on FIO to assign them a FIO address at the private @eden domain. Only those who have ever been a member of EdenOS can own a FIO address on the Eden domain.

Here are the initial FIO Addresses I just created:

aaroncox@eden
annabella@eden
brandonlovejoy@eden
benobi@eden
brockpierce@eden
crystalrose@eden
daniellarimer@eden
brandonfancher@eden
domenicthomas@eden
matiasromeo@eden
rayshilling@eden
zackgall@eden
yveslarose@eden
hahnryu@eden
mikemanfredi@eden
robertkonsdorf@eden
toddfleming@eden

If you’re in the list above, you can add the FIO Mainnet chain to your Anchor wallet and resync to see your FIO account (Home → Manage Wallets → Import Accounts → Scan for Accounts). On the mobile app, you can tap the logo 5 times, click “Keychain viewer”, find your EdenOS account name and click it, then select “Search for an account”. You should see your new FIO account there which you can click on and select “Import account”. Anchor Wallet by Greymass is a trusted wallet which should keep all your keys safe and secure. Signing messages on the FIO chain should not expose your EOS private key to any security concerns, but if you’re not sure about this, please check with experts you trust.

If you’d like to know more about FIO, you can start with the four short videos on the CMC Learn and Earn campaign: Learn & Earn, FIO Protocol | CoinMarketCap

The FIO Protocol is supported by many popular wallets: Ecosystem Archive | FIO and you can get yourself a free FIO Address here: Free FIO Addresses | FIO I like using the Edge wallet for sending and receiving crypto via FIO Requests and FIO Send. The FIO Protocol is an EOSIO based, open source and permission-less usability layer for all of cryptocurrency which has been live for over a year now run by block producers you know and trust: https://fio.bloks.io/

I’m excited about the potential for EdenOS to create a crypto-enabled community that cares about freedom and the tools to achieve it. I’m excited about the potential for FIO to work well with Eden to make sending and receiving cryptocurrency easier and joyful. Imagine sending a FIO Request for funds to an Eden board member with a link to proof of deliverables in the memo? If the request comes from another @eden FIO Address, they can know for sure it is benefitting a member of this community.

I’d love to hear your feedback on this idea and about how EdenOS and FIO might work together in the future.

I believe we haven’t even begun to imagine what’s possible with this political playoff system of governance and an easy-to-use cryptocurrency ecosystem for everyone.

17 Likes

“Public Key” I think is what they’d be looking for here.

Pretty cool idea! While Eden itself is tied to an EOS account name currently, tying them also to a FIO account could potentially make a lot more sense since you’d then be able to link non-EOS information to it.

1 Like

Congrats to our newest EdenOS active members who just received their own FIO Addresses:

thomashallgren@eden
patrickbernardschmidnovacrypto@eden
nathanpierce@eden
maxcho@eden
johnwilliamson@eden
josemontana@eden
hernanarber@eden
markscheer@eden
adriankrion@eden

The name used on your blockchain recorded member NFT was used for your FIO Address.

4 Likes

Keep 'em coming!

myrawang@eden
lukestokes@eden
chaneymoore@eden
seanballent@eden
chrisbarnes@eden
ericroland@eden
johnheeter@eden
maxinfeld@eden
timothylewis@eden
seanmitchell@eden
spencerhanson@eden

By my count we now have 37 members of the EdenOS Community with 5 pending applicants.

1 Like

Very cool! Thanks for doing this! I’ve been wanting a FIO address for a while. This was the nudge I needed to finally learn how to start using one.

Excellent! Please let me know if you have any questions or if I can help with anything (I’m lukestokes on telegram). You may also transfer your FIO address to a different FIO public key (How to Transfer a FIO Address using Bloks.io and Anchor Wallet | PeakD) within one of these wallets: Ecosystem Archive | FIO

1 Like

Members: 57 (20 need FIO Addresses), Applicants: 15

Latest new members with their own eden FIO Addresses!

amiheines@eden
seth@eden
davecortes@eden
edgarfernandez@eden
davidpackham@eden
felixromanruiz@eden
markbailey@eden
danielcarroll@eden
aaronmangal@eden
daveb@eden
dimitrinikolaros@eden
goranterzic@eden
joshuaseymour@eden
patrickburns@eden
lennieniit@eden
natanaelprudhomme@eden
neilchen@eden
andreyperchits@eden
larskommienezuspadt@eden
riekicordon@eden

1 Like

Thanks @lukestokes :+1:, just my EdenOS FIO-account import Done^

1 Like

Keep 'em coming!

Members: 69 (12 need FIO Addresses), Applicants: 3

dariocesaro@eden
debrajghosh@eden
duanephillippi@eden
joejohnson@eden
ramanbindlish@eden
melvinpearce@eden
mohameddiabsanchez@eden
mossroda@eden
ericbinder@eden
seananderson@eden
stephanebisson@eden
yveslorand@eden

4 Likes

@Aaron @lukestokes

Anchor Desktop Bug report:

Desktop/Big Sur

Problem: Despite adding FIO under ‘manage blockchains’, my Eden EOS account does not automatically populate into my FIO wallet (as keeping in mind, Luke has gifted me/us/EdenMembers with a FIO address that corresponds to our Eden EOS accounts).

Workaround: Successfully added my account by entering my private key MANUALLY into my FIO wallet. (but please realize, this is designed to be an AUTOMATED recognition/import process between 2 chains that share private keys.

Seeking a solution wherein my Eden EOS account private key is AUTOMATICALLY recognized and imported from other chains, in this case EOS.

Background:

i’ve added the Fio chain in Anchor desktop on my mac. and I’ve attempted to ‘sync’ via —> Home → Manage Wallets → Import Accounts → Scan for Accounts. but it seems to hang up here

Note: my earthmanmark EOS account that I use for Eden has been imported using this Anchor desktop wallet and is functional.

Here’s an image of the screen where it is hanging up:

Please let me know if I can help resolve this!

2 Likes

26 New Members!

Members: 95 (26 need FIO Addresses), Applicants: 14

giuseppetabbi@eden
thiagocanellas@eden
cesarrodriguez@eden
chuckmacdonald@eden
jinterry@eden
davidelvion@eden
jundam@eden
gaboesquivel@eden
jaybosworth@eden
gracielau@eden
milenco@eden
brianharleywilson@eden
michaelbohnen@eden
markstair@eden
jeffdaub@eden
jasonthomasmckee@eden
lisachandler@eden
lukapercic@eden
marcoantoniogonzalez@eden
matthiasschonebeck@eden
vincetran@eden
ralfweinand@eden
stacyneale@eden
timweston@eden
toddschlosser@eden
randallroland@eden

Also, I got to go to El Salvador last week and present FIO to the government there. You can see a tiny part of my presentation in this documentary that was published last night:

I also got to go on CoindeskTV yesterday (my segment starts around 10 minutes in): Analysts Divided on Bitcoin Outlook, Crypto Entrepreneurs Report on Their Visit to El Salvador to Support Its Bitcoin Adoption - CoinDesk

Very cool things happening in the world, right now. I hope Eden and FIO are ready to start bringing the solutions people need!

5 Likes

Hi Luke,
Can you please add me to Eden members list?
Email: medatlas@iturns.us
Account: medonemcleos
Thanks
Med

1 Like

Yep, same here. Maybe @aaron has some ideas?

59 New Addresses!

Members: 153 (59 need FIO Addresses), Applicants: 4

yanghao@eden
sachitdabas@eden
michaelbeumer@eden
bendake@eden
mahua@eden
luiscarlosadulce@eden
troybryan@eden
changhwanchun@eden
corvinmeyeraufderheide@eden
andreslarez@eden
daesungkim@eden
danielmcmanus@eden
dimitripanotis@eden
kwlee@eden
jeeyongum@eden
euclidesandrade@eden
raphaelgaudreault@eden
dardanisufi@eden
tothemoonpark@eden
muchen@eden
johnnytsang@eden
andrewware@eden
douglasbutner@eden
jangjack@eden
pongechen@eden
sebastianbeyer@eden
coreycottrell@eden
hezihershkovitz@eden
quinnhand@eden
justincast@eden
janamelinaschiffer@eden
josebasanta@eden
jakelee@eden
jamesrdiegel@eden
danielkeyes@eden
lennarlehestik@eden
florianhinze@eden
martinbreuer@eden
medatlas@eden
mengfanjun@eden
leowang@eden
joshchung@eden
francissangkuan@eden
lukasmantinger@eden
samueljosephdaniel@eden
shufanchen@eden
richardrickgrote@eden
eliasasfawkirby@eden
egoinglee@eden
antondorfmann@eden
imonom@eden
thierrystoudmann@eden
toritsejukaka@eden
vincentdavoine@eden
vincentgrenier@eden
vladislavhramtsov@eden
waynedake@eden
weijunli@eden
ihebnassoubi@eden

Sorry for the delay as I’ve been busy with FIO, Press - Roundtable, my brother’s wedding in California and more recently Satoshi Roundtable (which was awesome!)

1 Like

You’re all set!

Just added my FIO Account to Anchor! That worked perfectly! Thanks :slight_smile:

anasalharbi@eden
cryptoblood@eden
slavamikerin@eden
jessejaffe@eden
zhangsheng@eden
mylessnider@eden
nicolacolliva@eden
jaytaylor@eden
robertmoore@eden
simoneruggeri@eden
nunomarcelino@eden
bebe@eden
williamcbrown@eden

4 Likes

Thank you! Luke. :pray:

So happy to be onboard.

1 Like

Hi I tried adding on my iPhone using your instructions but wouldn’t work? Any ideas couldn’t find my account melvinpearce@eden

image|281x499