EOSCommunity.org Forums

Proposal: Compensation for Social Media Moderators, Content Creators and Customer Support to support EOS & other projects, and counteract the trolls and FUD

If you ask me, what the EOS community needs most are moderators to battle the infiltration of trolls in our community channels. It’s the primary driver of our price debasement compared to other coins. It’s clear the other side is funding these trolls. It’s time we fund some exterminators!

I propose the following as the first initiative that uses funds gathered from Dan’s call for donations:

After the election of custodians through off-chain political playoffs, I propose all who would be interested in moderating to apply via memo to the donation account at 10 EOS. Custodians will then conduct interviews and if approved, the custodians through a multi-sig will return the 10 EOS.

I propose weekly payouts, approved by custodians, of the equivalent of $150 in EOS/day at 6 days/week, totaling $900 in EOS per week using a price oracle. Too expensive? Watch the price of EOS rise as we defeat the trolls!

We need mods ASAP! Which means I hope that the community can hammer out the details of the off-chain political playoffs in our meeting on Monday.

10 Likes

Added to Discussion Topics.

2 Likes

I believe there is a need to carefully moderate against those that are unable to respect community standards and work with the community to productively improve things.

The compensation side of the equation is a bit more difficult to resolve.

6 Likes

Dan, we pick a baseline number and adjust from there. Custodians adjust weekly. I feel like we spend too much time debating the perfect variables to start with.

2 Likes

If some mods in any channels or subreddits need help, I am willing to help (as well without any payment). Just give me the right and tell me the rules… I am reading most of the EOS channels anyway daily.

4 Likes

We need 25 of you. Not all are willing to help without payment.

2 Likes

One problem I see is that even mods start to fud projects when sentiment is low…

2 Likes

That’s why weekly the custodians judge whether to continue funding each mod.

3 Likes

Just offering… :wink: One more is better than nothing

5 Likes

Of course. Do it! Spread the word, fight FUD, etc.

4 Likes

I’ve been doing this for free but we could use a few more good hands on deck.

The problem is identifying what truly is paid opposition troll Fud or bit spam and what is legitimate fears from community. I’ve made several mistakes and will continue to make them, but there’s not much I can about that other than recognize it and try my best to fix it as it happens on a case by case basis, but admittedly this is very time consuming for me.

If there was compensation, it’d be a incredibly helpful. Truthfully, I’d probably vote against it for personal reasons. I think moderation should be voluntary, along with everything else in this world :joy:

Anyways, it’s great to see this initiative. We could use a lot more professionalism organizing community around here, not just ban hammers

I will discuss it with the group owner and see if I can start assigning admins without having to go through him all the time to expedite the process of adding more moderation. Thank you for the initiative, it gets really overwhelming for me.

6 Likes

We can start with moral support and understanding.

2 Likes

To not just ban people, the group owner or the EOS community could create a set of rules for the mods. Lets say the mods for example have a google sheet, where they note usernames who break the channel rules. If they break it once, the mods give a warning and write the reason in google sheet. Second time the user break the rules, there is 1 day muting, third time 30 days muting and forth time the user get banned… (or something like that)

Channel rules could be:

• no insults, defamation or accusations of fraud (as long its clearly no scam) against block.one, Brendan, Dan or any EOS community member
  • Respectful treatment (no shitting)
  • If it is not a price channel: No more discussion about the price
4 Likes

Many would forego eating for months for that power trip.

I am on the internet all day. I would be happy to battle some fud in exchange for some eos! I think it is a good idea.

1 Like

I do believe that this would be a good idea, at least in the sort term.

I would love to help out and currently have the time to do so.

I do think the compensation suggested is a little on the high side though.

1 Like

This is the ridiculous idea, while community has chance to develop new tools to face trolls. People are asking for eos in the name of moderators.

Eos can build tip bot on reddit and people who write good posts or information guides like how to use wallets and dapps.
By this way we can build better dapps/services on top of traditional social media.

1 Like

Agreed fighting FUD is key however it’s done… most of it is baseless

1 Like

You are a real cyborg, i been learning from the master data

1 Like

I am from the Hispanic community and if I would be interested in helping to collaborate with the community, instructing people and eliminating spam

3 Likes